Jump to content

SLU Basketball Media 2021/2022 Season


slufan13
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I have been to Dayton, Fordam, St. Joe's, VCU, and Butler (I know it's not an A-10 school).  The only arena that comes close is VCU, but I still think that Chaifetz is much better.  Dayton has very crowded small concourses and would be no different than some of the other terrible gyms in the conference if it were not for the several thousand extra seats its has on the sidelines that are way to far away from the action to be any good.

As far as game day experience, I think our player introductions seem far superior to other schools.  We have timeout entertainment that is probably equal.  The music played over the sound system and by the band is good.  We have decent, if not upper level for the A-10 promotions.

I think that 05's complaints are all valid, but not such important stuff that I would say someone is really failing in their job.  That being said, Roy's attack was not warranted.  We're all Billiken fans.  That's what we have in common.  There is nothing about the fact that we are all Billiken fans that means we all have to act or think or dress the same as each other.  Not necessary, Roy.

My favorite A10 arena (other than Chaifetz.).   GW’s.  Why? Because it’s tiny….and there is a large contingent of Billiken alumni living in the DC area.   The back and forth “let’s go ——!!!” between the fan bases is not equaled In any other A10 arena of which I am aware.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wear my baseball hats backwards.

I'm 42.

I wear glasses.

I'm bald, and shave my head.

I'm also pale and burn in the sun.

I have to wear hats to stave off skin cancer.

I would wear cowboy hats but those are out of place in most social situations and at this moment i don't own a horse.

So baseball hats it is. My glasses are large and chunky. Most bills don't fit over my glasses right so i go for the backwards look.

Yes it makes me look like a kid. But it keeps the tumors away. Don't judge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dlarry said:

1c821620eb3f2f40254cca94a2927491.jpg

 

shot at my favorite baseball player of all time. 
Not cool.

Saw him play same game his dad in Toronto on build it they will come trip to c sky dome when first open

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scoop said:

They kept the beer prices the same but snuck in a tax this year.  2 big beers costs like $23.  It's a shame they can't find a place close to find some beer.  Oh, wait...

Whoever has the concessions contract at the Chaifetz will probably have to charge higher prices if the attendance to the games continues being low as it has been, and the postponements cancellations continue. They are not likely to provide services at a loss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, almaman said:

Saw him play same game his dad in Toronto on build it they will come trip to c sky dome when first open

Dad his hat back game you c? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dlarry said:

1c821620eb3f2f40254cca94a2927491.jpg

 

shot at my favorite baseball player of all time. 
Not cool.

Why would you use a Reds era Griffey Jr photo?  Mariners era Jr >>>>> Reds era Jr.

Given the contentious nature of this thread, I feel like I need to hurl an insult your way so …you’re a real nincompoop!  Now get off my lawn!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Why would you use a Reds era Griffey Jr photo?  Mariners era Jr >>>>> Reds era Jr.

Given the contentious nature of this thread, I feel like I need to hurl an insult your way so …you’re a real nincompoop!  Now get off my lawn!

I agree with you about Mariners Griffey vs Reds Griffey.

The reason I used the Reds version is because he was 30 when he joined the Reds and Roy had stated 30 year olds shouldn’t wear backwards hats. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

I agree with you about Mariners Griffey vs Reds Griffey.

The reason I used the Reds version is because he was 30 when he joined the Reds and Roy had stated 30 year olds shouldn’t wear backwards hats. 
 

Now that's just next level thinking right there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Pistol said:

Dayton's concourses are a little better since the renovation, if you haven't been back since then. There are certain structural limitations, though, so they're still pretty cramped on the ends/corners.

Duquesne also did that recent renovation that I'd like to see. Not sure if I'm going to be able to swing that at the end of the month or not, though.

I'll report back what I see after going to that game.  I have 19 guys going and we are rows 5, 6, & 7 behind the Billiken bench, so watch for us on TV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I'll report back what I see after going to that game.  I have 19 guys going and we are rows 5, 6, & 7 behind the Billiken bench, so watch for us on TV.

Wifey andf I are still interested in joining your group for the Dukes match up.  I can't make the game tomorrow nite (dang Covid got me). DM me for details on tickets/lodging.  We are excited for this trip.

mhg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have three seats at Duquesne one section over (Section 102, Row G) towards midcourt from Bills bench.  Billiken blue will be the give-away.  Staying at Pittsburgh Double Tree at Bigelow Square for weekend.  Better damn well play the game.  

Fifth row seats behind the TV announcers for Tuesday's game at Dayton.  Also better happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I have three seats at Duquesne one section over (Section 102, Row G) towards midcourt from Bills bench.  Billiken blue will be the give-away.  Staying at Pittsburgh Double Tree at Bigelow Square for weekend.  Better damn well play the game.  

Fifth row seats behind the TV announcers for Tuesday's game at Dayton.  Also better happen.

Come find my group.  We can chat like we did at St. Joe’s two years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...