Recruiting - 2024

Pistol

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Sir, I will have you know that we are 1-0 since the return of Sincere Parker.

It sounds better to say, " undefeated" instead of "1-0".   

Box and Won and CenHudDude like this

Gibby coming back would drive the A10 crazy. There are always opposing players that kill you and you say how many years is that guy going to play? Marquette had a guy like that you thought he was done but there he was killing us. I think his name was Wardle or something like that. 

CenHudDude and Dr Bird like this

2024 recruiting is really heating up. Staff putting in minutes and minutes of work.

This guy played for Tenn-Chatt Mocs last year averaging 4 and 1 in 11 minutes a game.  He is from Houston, all that time recruiting TX may pay off.

BillsThrills likes this

On 1/11/2024 at 10:12 AM, Box and Won said:

Sir, I will have you know that we are 1-0 since the return of Sincere Parker.

Parker is most certainly  "not bacK." The three minutes he played may indeed have done more damage to his foot's recovery than anything it accomplished. 

6 hours ago, thetorch said:

2024 recruiting is really heating up. Staff putting in minutes and minutes of work.

This guy played for Tenn-Chatt Mocs last year averaging 4 and 1 in 11 minutes a game.  He is from Houston, all that time recruiting TX may pay off.

Those are some impressive stats for a 5'10 guard.  He plays like the mid-major version of Travis Ford.  I will be curious to see where he ends up.

39 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Those are some impressive stats for a 5'10 guard.  He plays like the mid-major version of Travis Ford.  I will be curious to see where he ends up.

Yeah just what we need another short pg.  I guess beggars can't be choosers. 

On 1/12/2024 at 5:57 PM, slu72 said:

Gibby coming back would drive the A10 crazy. There are always opposing players that kill you and you say how many years is that guy going to play? Marquette had a guy like that you thought he was done but there he was killing us. I think his name was Wardle or something like that. 

He's our version of Grant Golden without the annoying hair.

37 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Yeah just what we need another short pg.  I guess beggars can't be choosers. 

We haven't offered yet but if he keeps playing like this I understand the interest. I just question whether he's an upgrade over Medley.  Put Medley on a juco team where he's allowed to be a volume shooter and I'm sure he would put up numbers too.  To upgrade the position, we'll have to land somebody from the portal.

cheeseman likes this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

We haven't offered yet but if he keeps playing like this I understand the interest. I just question whether he's an upgrade over Medley.  Put Medley on a juco team where he's allowed to be a volume shooter and I'm sure he would put up numbers too.  To upgrade the position, we'll have to land somebody from the portal.

Yes he may not be an upgrade….Spoon said you can never have enough point guards…this guy may also play the 2, plus the season doesn’t end of Medley gets hurt. Love that they’re looking at JUCOs. 

How about we look at Isaiah Esker from D2 Illinois-Springfield? He’s from STL. Went to Parkway South. 6’10” center averaging 5.2 points and 2.9 rebounds in 13.1 MPG. He had 114 blocks in a season in HS. He’s got one more year of eligibility.

2 minutes ago, Slufan10 said:

How about we look at Isaiah Esker from D2 Illinois-Springfield? He’s from STL. Went to Parkway South. 6’10” center averaging 5.2 points and 2.9 rebounds in 13.1 MPG. He had 114 blocks in a season in HS. He’s got one more year of eligibility.

Upperclassman averaging 5 and 3 in d2? 

7 minutes ago, Slufan10 said:

-why so low?