Recruiting - 2024

Pistol

I start this thread about the same week every year, so here's the class of 2024 introduction. The BBE roster is basically my starting point:

Jobe Bryant, G - KC area kid, appears to be one of their better players. Earl has said good things about his game and hasn't otherwise said much yet about the class.
Nassir Binion, F - Appears to be from U City, not sure where he's going to HS.
Zamier Collins, PG - Won MVP after helping BBE win a 2024 tournament in January.
D'Trevion Foster, G - Played for Ball Hogg Academy in a Reebok Series event this past weekend and won a Player of the Game award.
Anthony Gause, G - Played in the Ramey Fall League at Ritter last year, was one of BBE's top players in events over the winter.
Travis Green, III, G - Scored a ton in the Ramey Fall League. Attended Whitfield for middle school.
Jadis Jones, G - Attends New Madrid County Central down near the boot heel.
Koterrion Owens, F - I think he's also a SE MO area kid.
Ramzi Salem, G - Appears on some national rankings. From Lake St. Louis and attended John Burroughs for middle school.
Holden Souter, SF - Attended Whitfield for middle school.

If anyone knows anything about the class, feel free to add on. Information is more scarce than usual, given the current external circumstances.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jadis is probably 6'4 or 6'5" now.  He has a chance to be really good.  Good court vision for his age.  Good athlete.  He has an impressive frame for his age and if hegrows a few inches more, I could see him ending up playing anywhere from the 1-4.

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

I expect we will have our pick of the lot after our two consecutive Elite Eights in the next two seasons.  😎

Why would you sell us short like this. Usually one would refer to a season as the point where they ended up not just a spot they passed along the way

Bills71, jweste216 and gobillsgo like this

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Why would you sell us short like this. Usually one would refer to a season as the point where they ended up not just a spot they passed along the way

Maybe it is just me, but I kind of forget that Butler made back to back Championship games. How freaking wild was that?!?!

One direction snl glee GIF - Find on GIFER

slufanskip likes this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

For me, the loss to Duke is so memorable whereas the loss the following season to UConn is so forgettable.

Completely agree. It is also wild to think back to how close the final shot/shots were to them pulling it off against Duke.

• 5 months later...

Adding to the interest list:

Travis Perry - PG, 6-2, 170 - Eddyville, KY (Lyon County) - AAU: Indiana Elite - Twitter: @Travis_Perry11
Offers: Creighton, New Orleans.

Interest: Saint Louis, Louisville, Murray State, Morehead State, Western Kentucky, Ohio, Toledo.

Latest News: Perry is averaging 28.4 PPG, sixth in the state of Kentucky, as a freshman. His team is 14-1 and sits atop the Region 2 standings. (2/9/21)

Scouting Report: Perry is a dynamic guard with elite scoring ability. He can score on all three levels and is efficient from everywhere, too. He gets his teammates involved, sees the floor, and moves extremely well off the ball. He came into his freshman year with over 1000 varsity points because KY allows middle schoolers to play varsity and he moved up during his seventh grade season. His dad is his HS coach. He's one of the top prospects nationally in the 2024 class.

• 3 months later...

New interests in 2024:

Jayden Williams - PG, 5-10, 165 - Bronx, NY (Blair Academy, NJ) - AAU: PSA Cardinals (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @jaywilliams202
Offers: Towson, Saint Peter's, Sacred Heart.

Interest: Saint Louis, Tennessee, Columbia, Sam Houston State, Holy Cross, Stetson.

Latest News: Williams received an offer from Towson. (5/11/21)

Scouting Report: Williams is a point guard with a complete game. He's strong and finishes through contact. He's got tight handles and impressive vision. He's a playmaker on the perimeter who knows how to make his teammates better. He was originally a 2023 recruit but reclassified as a 2024 recruit.

Ahmad Nowell - G, 6-1, 175 - Philadelphia, PA (Houston, TN) - AAU: New Jersey Scholars (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @AhmadNowell
Offers: Memphis.

Interest: Saint Louis, Tulsa, Murray State.

Latest News: Nowell received an offer from Memphis. (5/11/21)

Scouting Report: Nowell is a combo guard with a complete skill set. He can run a team and score on three levels. He's tough and poised, controls tempo, scores in traffic using his strength, and has great vision. He's from Philadelphia but transferred to Houston HS in Tennessee, where Mike Miller is the head coach.

22 hours ago, Pistol said:

New interests in 2024:

Jayden Williams - PG, 5-10, 165 - Bronx, NY (Blair Academy, NJ) - AAU: PSA Cardinals (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @jaywilliams202
Offers: Towson, Saint Peter's, Sacred Heart.

Interest: Saint Louis, Tennessee, Columbia, Sam Houston State, Holy Cross, Stetson.

Latest News: Williams received an offer from Towson. (5/11/21)

Scouting Report: Williams is a point guard with a complete game. He's strong and finishes through contact. He's got tight handles and impressive vision. He's a playmaker on the perimeter who knows how to make his teammates better. He was originally a 2023 recruit but reclassified as a 2024 recruit.

Ahmad Nowell - G, 6-1, 175 - Philadelphia, PA (Houston, TN) - AAU: New Jersey Scholars (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @AhmadNowell
Offers: Memphis.

Interest: Saint Louis, Tulsa, Murray State.

Latest News: Nowell received an offer from Memphis. (5/11/21)

Scouting Report: Nowell is a combo guard with a complete skill set. He can run a team and score on three levels. He's tough and poised, controls tempo, scores in traffic using his strength, and has great vision. He's from Philadelphia but transferred to Houston HS in Tennessee, where Mike Miller is the head coach.

Penny probably told Ahmad he was a one and done. What he meant was one and done at Memphis because you'll be unhappy

CBFan and cgeldmacher like this

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Responding to @brianstl's post in the 2023 thread here:

Mathok Chol - C, 6-10, 185 - South Sudan (John Burroughs, MO) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite - Twitter: @MChol12
Offers: Texas A&M.

Interest: Saint Louis, Illinois, Tulsa, Missouri State, Murray State, McNeese State.

Latest News: Chol received an offer from Texas A&M. (8/16/21)

Scouting Report: Chol is a long, athletic big man who runs the floor extremely well. He's an elite shot blocker and contests everything without being susceptible to fouling. He finishes hard at the rim. He has a raw but rapidly developing offensive game.

-Everything I've seen except his own Twitter bio says 2024, so that's what I'm going with for now. I'm assuming Frazier was his connection between BBE and Burroughs, so I'm wondering what he'll do now that Frazier is leaving both programs - probably stay with BBE but the HS situation might be a bigger question. If he does stay at JB, he'll pair with 2024 prospect Ramzi Salem. Whatever the situation is, SLU is tracking Chol so I will, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Yo @Pistol, did you see Marcus Wilson saying (I think it was in reply to the pod) that SLU hasn't made contact with Bol yet? 

I was in rural Vermont for a few days so I'm out of the loop on most things, but that was brought to my attention. The main point I'll make is that having interest and making contact are not the same thing and Bol is a 2024 recruit. All contact has to go through his coach and/or legal guardian, which in this case is Wilson.

Bol has gone from relative unknown to nationally recruited player in a very short amount of time. There was a ton of uncertainty around his future when STLCA folded. Hopefully he continues to stay in STL and at CBC - for a big-time prospect without deep roots here, there's going to be no shortage of prep school poachers swirling.

I'm not concerned about SLU's approach to his recruitment at this point.

billikenbill likes this

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, thetorch said:

Bol must be a Billiken. Who handles the money again? I hear he's only accepting payment in crypto.

Box and me deliver but we don't fill the bag. I hope we don't make the same mistake we made with Nesbitt where the bag was a bit short and we had to make a 2nd trip down to Memphis to deliver a 2nd bag.