Jump to content

GDT - Billiken Madness


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yeah? So the only subjective issue on the stream was the replays? MAYBE the sound mixing of Rammer/Music, you would have heard the same thing in the arena. Communication needs to be that the music is second to Rammer. The event would have been incredibly boring without the music(wether it be rap,country,polka) If the only issue was over use of replay then the stream was a success IMO. The feed could have easily been taken down midway through the event due to copyright claims for unlicensed use of music. 

The only people I’m concerned with liking the event were students in attendance for their first Billiken basketball experience. 

Are you so arrogant that you think you represent all Billiken Fans???? This didn’t have to be an either are or thing. I appreciate fans from around the country who want to support and follow the team. No reason at all for you to act like an ass because someone makes a mild criticism of the streaming...the streaming was terrible by all accounts....Try respecting everyone, and you will be much better received...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Are you so arrogant that you think you represent all Billiken Fans???? This didn’t have to be an either are or thing. I appreciate fans from around the country who want to support and follow the team. No reason at all for you to act like an ass because someone makes a mild criticism of the streaming...the streaming was terrible by all accounts....Try respecting everyone, and you will be much better received...

 

Now it was terrible by all accounts? Do you speak for all Billiken fans? THE ARROGANCE! I clearly said that the issue with the replay is valid, that sucks. I don't know what you want from me. If you reread my post, I clearly used the word "I" many times. Have you read most of my posts here? I've been on of the posters most critical of the athletic department.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Now it was terrible by all accounts? Do you speak for all Billiken fans? THE ARROGANCE! I clearly said that the issue with the replay is valid, that sucks. I don't know what you want from me. If you reread my post, I clearly used the word "I" many times. Have you read most of my posts here? I've been on of the posters most critical of the athletic department.

hey nitwit, if I said all accounts, I was speaking about the people who posted about it...i didn't offer an opinion on the streaming, because I was at the event, but for you to tell people they shouldn't care because it was just for the students who were there, was ridiculous.....as for what I want from you is common courtesy........

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

hey nitwit, if I said all accounts, I was speaking about the people who posted about it...i didn't offer an opinion on the streaming, because I was at the event, but for you to tell people they shouldn't care because it was just for the students who were there, was ridiculous.....as for what I want from you is common courtesy........

I didn’t tell people what they should think. Again you’re twisting what I said. What I said was all I was concerned with is if students in attendance enjoyed themselves. Why don’t you try having this conversation without the name calling. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting black team Friday night was French, Goodwin, Hargrove, Bell and Jacobs.   Sub Thatch for Jacobs First Starting 5?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some GREAT photos from the event on the official social media accounts, and on a lot of the players' accounts. New profile photos for everyone.

Only complaint for me was the slow-mo replays going over the next 1-2 plays, so then replays from those plays would overlay the subsequent plays, and so on. Otherwise, it was great that I had a free stream of an event I couldn't attend.

As long as they keep doing this and keep finding ways to make it more appealing for fans, families, and students (and recruits), then I think it's great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach already acknowledged that Perkins is about six weeks behind. He has also reaffirmed that he's the most versatile scorer on the team. He's going to play. Whether he starts on day one versus Florida Gulf Coast? Who knows? I'm a lot more interested in who the starters are in late December.

Link to post
Share on other sites

-I went to the event to support the program realizing it was not a game or even a serious practice but a way to kickoff practice, build some interest, get a look at the players, let the players have some fun--- there was good and bad in the production of the event, thanks to the ADept for having the event, it was well attended but I wonder if it will be for the rest of my life as I am not a fan of having to bribe SLU students and student groups to attend athletic events for their school but glad the ADept, or whoever, stepped up to provide the payola 

-now the serious part of the season has started

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ford understands much more than his predecessors that you have to do all the little things to make your program attractive to recruits. The target demographic is 17/18 year old kids, not 60-70 somethings. Crews (a relic from the Knight era), RM (managed to win because he was a legend and could still do it his own way, but that is very rare) and Sodie (as boring as watching paint dry didn't get that part of it.

From the music, to bringing DJs to practice, letting Goodwin come out and do a dance routine, wearing several different cool uniforms, the use of social media, etc... Ford is doing all the things that a modern coach needs to do with an eye on recruiting.

-yep, I agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ford understands much more than his predecessors that you have to do all the little things to make your program attractive to recruits. The target demographic is 17/18 year old kids, not 60-70 somethings. Crews (a relic from the Knight era), RM (managed to win because he was a legend and could still do it his own way, but that is very rare) and Sodie (as boring as watching paint dry didn't get that part of it.

From the music, to bringing DJs to practice, letting Goodwin come out and do a dance routine, wearing several different cool uniforms, the use of social media, etc... Ford is doing all the things that a modern coach needs to do with an eye on recruiting.

This is it

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 12:14 PM, crymdg2 said:

I believe that was 1 of the tall kids from DeSmet. A couple times after the event was over I looked on the court and he was all by himself. Not the best look for hosting a recruit.  Gotta have someone with him... players or coaches.  

 

On 9/28/2019 at 12:28 PM, billiken_roy said:

Pretty sure that is the Desmet kid.   He shadowed diarra after the festivities

 

On 9/28/2019 at 12:06 PM, willie said:

There was a tall thin young man sitting where recruits normally sit..Assume he was a recruit. 

Which DeSmet big was it? They have two: Yaya Keita and Sekou Gassama. They're both from Mali, as is Diarra, so it makes sense that he'd be the guide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pistol said:

 

 

Which DeSmet big was it? They have two: Yaya Keita and Sekou Gassama. They're both from Mali, as is Diarra, so it makes sense that he'd be the guide.

Based off a Google search I'd say it was Sekou Gassama.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He attended some SLU games this past season - I think I've only seen Keita there once, maybe - so Gassama would've been my guess. Gassama is more slender; Keita's got a bigger frame but might be an inch shorter. Gassama also wears his hair shorter.

Image result for sekou gassama yaya keita

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pistol said:

 

 

Which DeSmet big was it? They have two: Yaya Keita and Sekou Gassama. They're both from Mali, as is Diarra, so it makes sense that he'd be the guide.

Guy 50/50 on which he would rather have. He hopes Bell is a 40 minute stud. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He attended some SLU games this past season - I think I've only seen Keita there once, maybe - so Gassama would've been my guess. Gassama is more slender; Keita's got a bigger frame but might be an inch shorter. Gassama also wears his hair shorter.

Image result for sekou gassama yaya keita

After seeing this I think it was Sekou. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Odin's Raven those black jerseys are spectacular!!! I can't stop staring at them. Can't believe I was initially turned off by the new numbering style.

Pretty sure that Sekou kid lives with my friend's parents in Ladue. I'll see if I can the inside scoop on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...