Jump to content

Mike Lewis II - Coming Home


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SluSignGuy changed the title to Mike Lewis II - Coming Home

So is he eligible immediately or at semester? Did he announce his transfer from Nevada mid-season so that is why he didn’t play more than half the year or was it an injury?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If the staff was going to use a scholarship on a grad transfer guard, I'm glad they chose Lewis.  He wanted to come home and and understands how to play off the ball.  Can impact the game as a three point specialist even in limited minutes.

You’re missing the part where we still have 2 scholarships to go and as of right now no seniors next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If the staff was going to use a scholarship on a grad transfer guard, I'm glad they chose Lewis.  He wanted to come home and and understands how to play off the ball.  Can impact the game as a three point specialist even in limited minutes.

If he's not a grad transfer I don't understand the pickup.

We usually agree but if a local shooter wants to come home and shoot... i don’t question it. I’ll take it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s an interesting deal. Good player, but I have no idea what his eligibility situation is. He didn’t finish his sitting out time at Nevada, so can he get out of sitting out any more time on account of Musselman leaving? Is there a chance he graduates early and counts as a grad transfer? Other players have announced they were entering the transfer portal, but he didn’t. Maybe he is a grad transfer. Anyway, maybe it’s a partial righting of one if the basketball doofus’s numerous screw-ups.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is more of Travis playing the long game with St Louis recruiting. You bring mike Lewis home and you further align yourself with Jayson Tatum and the St Louis community. Staying home to play Billiken basketball is now a first thought for local talent instead of a second choice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WVBilliken said:

So looks like he played two and a half seasons at Duquesne.  So seems he starts playing second semester next year and has a year and a half eligibility????

 

That’s what I am seeing as well but everyone seems confused on the situation for some reason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

So looks like he played two and a half seasons at Duquesne.  So seems he starts playing second semester next year and has a year and a half eligibility????

 

If you play in one game you have used a years eligibity unless you get a medical redshirt. He can play second semester and use the rest of his eligibilty or sit out the year and play all of 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It shouldn’t be hard to get him eligible immediately. Nice pickup. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is more of Travis playing the long game with St Louis recruiting. You bring mike Lewis home and you further align yourself with Jayson Tatum and the St Louis community. Staying home to play Billiken basketball is now a first thought for local talent instead of a second choice. 

I agree to an extent. I don’t want SLU to be the “I can always transfer back there” school either though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

It shouldn’t be hard to get him eligible immediately. Nice pickup. 

I agree to an extent. I don’t want SLU to be the “I can always transfer back there” school either though. 

Ford wasn’t around when Lewis committed Or he already did or was brand new. 

Yes Mike Lewis can get a waiver after a coaching change. It’s textbook waiver. However he would rather play conference then play a year instead of play a year then be done next year December 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...