Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

3 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I would love to know if Bell can make free throws?

His stroke looks very smooth and mechanics look fine. No reason he can't be at least a 70% FT shooter.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems to be fine on D which is the only reason I can imagine keeping him on bench. Rest of the starters have to be toweling themselves. Reminds me of Jason Kidd with my extremely small viewing history. Thought Jeffco kids were favored.

Final: St. Mary's 95, Hillsboro 46.  Collins outscored Hillsboro by himself through 3 quarters, 37-36.  Also stole the ball repeatedly and handed out a bunch of assists.  St. Mary's starters were taken out a minute into the 4th quarter with the score 87-36.  

Hillsboro was 24-3 entering the game, including a win over Mehlville.  However, their squad was just as small as the Dragons and couldn't handle the ball under pressure.  They got exposed, in a huge way.  And it didn't help that St. Mary's was on fire from deep.

Obviously Yuri isn't going to be able to score this easily next year but he will put pressure on defenses to stop the ball.  That will give our offense a dimension we didn't have before.  

1 hour ago, almaman said:

crazy we aren't even counting on his scoring yet he may be a stud there too. When and where for his next performance?

Jefferson College in Hillsboro on March 9.  Game starts at 1pm.  Opponent is Cape Girardeau Central, who upset formerly unbeaten Sikeston in districts.

6 hours ago, Aquinas said:

I would love to know if Bell can make free throws?

Here is the long answer....

I have been trying to dig up stats on Bell and it hasn't been easy....

Please note most of the data is insignificant ...small sample sizes even though it is over a 2 year period.

2018-19.......26-50/ 24-46/ 2-4/ 14-25.......52%/ 52.2%/ 50%/56%

2018.............34-62/ 32-58/ 2-4/15-27........54.8%/55.2%/ 50%/55.8%

Overall...........60-112 /56-104/ 4-8/ 29-52...53.6%/53.9%/ 50%/55.8%

A couple of notes...this represents about 17 games at about 17 min /gm.....The 2 season numbers are close which may be  an indication that it is looking up for 2pt shots.

All data is still short ...S3... except,   unfortunately FT shooting  (55.8%)....which is a large enough sample size.and comes very close to our current team average of 60.1.

So the answer to your question as of now is...No

10 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Jefferson College in Hillsboro on March 9.  Game starts at 1pm.  Opponent is Cape Girardeau Central, who upset formerly unbeaten Sikeston in districts.

Thank you for this post I live 5 minutes away from Jefferson College the wife and I will attend.

Last year I wanted to see Fred Thatch play there but I had to work this time I am off and I look forward to seeing him play.

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Only time will tell, but this incoming group is looking to be a very strong class. 

Each season coach Ford brings in classes that always give us hope.

Next seasons team should have a winning record and have hard nosed players like French, Goodwin and Thatch that will lead this team.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Thank you for this post I live 5 minutes away from Jefferson College the wife and I will attend.

Last year I wanted to see Fred Thatch play there but I had to work this time I am off and I look forward to seeing him play.

Wear Billiken Blue and I will look for you in the crowd. I also live 5 minutes away from the other direction.