Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

For the season, Perkins is averaging 25.8 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 2.4 assists with a slashline of .541/.381/.788.

He's 4th in the nation in average, 7th in total points (despite missing a few games), 10th in FGM, and 12th in FTM.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins was sharp again last night as St. Mary's beat Miller Career Academy 82-70 to advance to the Class 4, District 4 finals. He had 22 points (5-9, 0-2, 12-13), 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, and 4 turnovers. I love how much he's getting to the FT line, and he hits them. Gateway STEM beat Confluence Academy last night, so St. Mary's and Gateway will play for the district title on Thursday at 7:30 at St. Mary's.

Hargrove and ESL will play Civic Memorial tonight at 7:00 at Breese Central in the Mascoutah Regional semifinals.

Perkins and SWIC will play at Rend Lake tonight at 7:30.

#GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY

BIG BILL FAN likes this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Collins was sharp again last night as St. Mary's beat Miller Career Academy 82-70 to advance to the Class 4, District 4 finals. He had 22 points (5-9, 0-2, 12-13), 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, and 4 turnovers. I love how much he's getting to the FT line, and he hits them. Gateway STEM beat Confluence Academy last night, so St. Mary's and Gateway will play for the district title on Thursday at 7:30 at St. Mary's.

Hargrove and ESL will play Civic Memorial tonight at 7:00 at Breese Central in the Mascoutah Regional semifinals.

#GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY

Collins is averaging an impressive 8 free throws attempts per game, and making just over 76% of them. The three point shooting is another story...19%....everything else is outstanding....

http://stats.stlhighschoolsports.com/sports/basketballboys/stats/teamstatoverall.php?t=257&s=746

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

#GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY

My fav thread on the board, thanks Pistol!

11 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Collins is averaging an impressive 8 free throws attempts per game, and making just over 76% of them. The three point shooting is another story...19%....everything else is outstanding....

http://stats.stlhighschoolsports.com/sports/basketballboys/stats/teamstatoverall.php?t=257&s=746

60+% 2pt FG%.  So basically, he is the perfect guy to drive in the lane, shoot, draw foul, make FT... we need this so bad 

Hargrove and ESL had no trouble with Civic Memorial, beating them 85-53 in the Mascoutah Regional semifinals. Hargrove was really effective and efficient, with 26 points (10-14, 1-3, 5-5), 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks, with no turnovers and no fouls.

ESL will play the winner of Mater Dei and Breese Central on Friday at 7:00 at Breese Central for the regional final. The sectional semifinal opponent next week, should they get through the regional, will most likely be Althoff.

On 2/26/2019 at 8:09 AM, Pistol said:

Didn't see this posted but Frank did have highlights of Yuri from this game.

Link

Pistol likes this

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is an important game to look at. It always seemed like anything we saw from Jimerson was against less than stellar looking teams. I doubt the IMG Academy Postgrad team is anything close to a pushover.

dang just saw that this game was live streamed

On 2/26/2019 at 9:09 AM, Pistol said:

This game has been bumped back a day due to weather.

Reminder that Collins, Hargrove, and Perkins are all in action tonight. #GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY

St. Mary's vs. Gateway, St. Mary's, 7:30 (district championship; winner plays the Hillsboro-Lutheran South winner Tuesday at Kirkwood)

East St. Louis vs. Mater Dei, Breese Central, 7:00 (regional championship; winner plays the Althoff-Herrin winner Tuesday at Mascoutah)

SWIC vs. Lake Land, SWIC-Belleville, 7:30 (final regular season game; regionals start Monday)

9 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I was there. Ugly game. Lotta bumping and pushing of Yuri all night to get into his head. Making him angry just made him more focused. St. Mary's fouled with a minute left so he could get his curtain call. 

3 Star do you think Yuri's D1 ready right out of the box? Granted, he'll have a lot to learn, and I'm not asking if he's the second coming of Kwamain, just will he be ready to make a solid contribution. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

3 Star do you think Yuri's D1 ready right out of the box? Granted, he'll have a lot to learn, and I'm not asking if he's the second coming of Kwamain, just will he be ready to make a solid contribution. 

3 star will surely endorse based on his past posts. No doubt this is the best assist man since H Waldman.....which could be a good thing for shooters like Perkins and Jimerson...and for getting an offense in sync...my only concern, will his outside shot be a liability in the half court offense?

35 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

3 star will surely endorse based on his past posts. No doubt this is the best assist man since H Waldman.....which could be a good thing for shooters like Perkins and Jimerson...and for getting an offense in sync...my only concern, will his outside shot be a liability in the half court offense?

All off season to work on it. I was looking at him being primarily a distributor of the ball to both our inside guys and perimeter shooters. Anything around 6 ppg would be a plus. Somewhere down the line though he's gonna have to pose a bit of a threat from the arc, or the D will just sag on him and dare him to enter the forest. 

Zink likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Yes.  If a player can stay in front of his man and has either an all-around game or a well-defined skill, he is D1 ready IMO.  This applies to every freshman, not just Yuri.  Goodwin and Thatch had good all-around games, French can really rebound, etc.

All three of the freshmen that we've signed fit my definition of D1 ready.  Whether that means 12 minutes or 25 minutes a game is up to the coach.

Pistol and Zink like this

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

All off season to work on it. I was looking at him being primarily a distributor of the ball to both our inside guys and perimeter shooters. Anything around 6 ppg would be a plus. Somewhere down the line though he's gonna have to pose a bit of a threat from the arc, or the D will just sag on him and dare him to enter the forest. 

You're still allowed to shoot 15 footers.  They haven't been outlawed 😉

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yes.  If a player can stay in front of his man and has either an all-around game or a well-defined skill, he is D1 ready IMO.  This applies to every freshman, not just Yuri.  Goodwin and Thatch had good all-around games, French can really rebound, etc.

All three of the freshmen that we've signed fit my definition of D1 ready.  Whether that means 12 minutes or 25 minutes a game is up to the coach.

Good to hear. Have to admit, I'm excited by Jimerson giving us a legit outside threat. I take it Perkins can shoot it from there as well. That's something we haven't seen in a while. I also expect we'll see some spectacular plays by Yuri feeding Hargrove and French.