2018-19 season

thanks guys for your thoughts.  personally i dont think either will play all that much.   i think ford as he has in the past will play a limited rotation particularly once we get into the conference games where maybe only 8 guys are playing double digit minutes.   i have no problem with the others playing and in some games due to injuries or fouls play significant minutes here or there, but those thinking this team will play a 10-12 man rotation of some sort, i dont think that will happen.

Glorydays2013 and Zink like this

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

thanks guys for your thoughts.  personally i dont think either will play all that much.   i think ford as he has in the past will play a limited rotation particularly once we get into the conference games where maybe only 8 guys are playing double digit minutes.   i have no problem with the others playing and in some games due to injuries or fouls play significant minutes here or there, but those thinking this team will play a 10-12 man rotation of some sort, i dont think that will happen.

Bingo.  You can't go 13 deep with meaningful minutes.  At the end of the season, my guess is that you will see KC and Ingvi both in the 15 to 20 games played, and 5 to 8 mpg average.  Most of the minutes will be in the OOC against the weaker teams.  If either of these two is our solution to our three point shooting issue, I think we have problems.

Ford has stated more than once that he likes a solid 8 with 2 to 3 added that can hold the fort. 

Glorydays2013 likes this

Can we get some sort of resolution together to treat him as an alum, forget he ever went to Duke, act like he was a straight from HS player? It could be like the people who think Sinbad made a version of Shazaam. 

At this point, him not going to SLU worked out best for everyone involved. He went to an uneventful year at Duke and was picked high in the draft by the best franchise in the NBA. Crews got to go back to his retirement home. SLU fans had the Crews era put out of their misery. SLU landed Ford which seems to be a mutually beneficial relationship so far. SLU fans traded one possibly ok year of Tatum for a potentially 3-4 year great run. 

Most "liked" Men's Basketball tweet of all time? Safe to say, Mizzery fans hate the attention we are getting.

I second the notion that it is a good thing Tatum went to Duke instead of SLU. It would have prolonged the Crews debacle at least 2 more years, and even with Tatum's talents, overall we still would have had a bottom feeder roster. Tatum not coming here basically put one of the final nails in Crews' coffin. I'm happy that we ended up with Ford and have a good chance for a 3-4 year tourney run at minimum. The past 4 years of suffering will God willing pay off soon enough. 

3 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

previously:

FB036091-FEDE-4267-A175-00BD4D6A5E46.thumb.jpeg.803d505e127a2770d7873267c0c6a002.jpeg

I wonder what Duke fans think of this. I know if a former Billiken was representing another team like this it would chap my ass a bit, even if it was his hometown team.

Do Duke fans not care because he was there and gone so quick?

Do they not care because he is just 1 in a long line of stars?

Does it grind their gears a bit?

28 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Most "liked" Men's Basketball tweet of all time? Safe to say, Mizzery fans hate the attention we are getting.

I second the notion that it is a good thing Tatum went to Duke instead of SLU. It would have prolonged the Crews debacle at least 2 more years, and even with Tatum's talents, overall we still would have had a bottom feeder roster. Tatum not coming here basically put one of the final nails in Crews' coffin. I'm happy that we ended up with Ford and have a good chance for a 3-4 year tourney run at minimum. The past 4 years of suffering will God willing pay off soon enough. 

The posts about Jayson not being promised a starting spot and thatcthat’s he would have to earn his minutes would have been fun to read. Certain posters would have had him coming off the bench to give Malik and Roby breathers.  

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Can we get some sort of resolution together to treat him as an alum, forget he ever went to Duke, act like he was a straight from HS player? It could be like the people who think Sinbad made a version of Shazaam. 

At this point, him not going to SLU worked out best for everyone involved. He went to an uneventful year at Duke and was picked high in the draft by the best franchise in the NBA. Crews got to go back to his retirement home. SLU fans had the Crews era put out of their misery. SLU landed Ford which seems to be a mutually beneficial relationship so far. SLU fans traded one possibly ok year of Tatum for a potentially 3-4 year great run. 

Great way of summing it up. smelling like a rose comes to mind

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

I wonder what Duke fans think of this. I know if a former Billiken was representing another team like this it would chap my ass a bit, even if it was his hometown team.

Do Duke fans not care because he was there and gone so quick?

Do they not care because he is just 1 in a long line of stars?

Does it grind their gears a bit?

I doubt most care too much. He was a mercenary for Duke. One of a laundry list of recent one and dones. He'll still give Duke love I bet, but I personally love the attention he is giving SLU.