2018-19 season

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

This will be Elliot's fourth year at SLU but (assuming he plays) just his second year of playing.

Elliot's one of those guys who you think has played for like 8 years. We've all seen them. It's like he's still playing. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the top 100 teams makes it clear that the BPI measurement is pretty much worthless.  Illinois in the top 25, Marquette ahead of Duke and UNC, Dayton 58----ya, sure and us just above Richmond, IPFW ahead of us.  This top 100 ranking is not much better than throwing darts at a board with all D1 schools listed!  ESPN shouldn't even publish garbage like this!

31 minutes ago, bauman said:

Looking at the top 100 teams makes it clear that the BPI measurement is pretty much worthless.  Illinois in the top 25, Marquette ahead of Duke and UNC, Dayton 58----ya, sure and us just above Richmond, IPFW ahead of us.  This top 100 ranking is not much better than throwing darts at a board with all D1 schools listed!  ESPN shouldn't even publish garbage like this!

What does BPI  mean?

6 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Just heard Frank say on his show that some observers think that Thatch has been the best guard at these summer practices. Apparently he’s been really impressive.

I cant handle all of this.  Its just too much. 

6 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Just heard Frank say on his show that some observers think that Thatch has been the best guard at these summer practices. Apparently he’s been really impressive.

If he is showing better than JG and DJ then that is very encouraging. As best I recall official word, TI, DW and IG are not yet part of these summer practices.  If that is incorrect please pass along any corrections.

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

If he is showing better than JG and DJ then that is very encouraging. As best I recall official word, TI, DW and IG are not yet part of these summer practices.  If that is incorrect please pass along any corrections.

Wiley is practicing. 

16 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I keep on telling everyone that Thatch is a bad mother.

He is the man who will risk his neck for his brother man.

dlarry, SLU_Lax and jimbofive like this

49 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Every time I hear stuff like this - it is better then not saying this - I remember Tony L remind people not to fall in love with a player in Spring Training.

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I had someone independently tell me that everyone associated with the program is smitten with Thatch. 

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

This is why the players are told not to check this board 

Not many people know this but Rick Majerus actually had 3 things written on the board before each game:

1. Defense

2. Rebound

3. Don't look at billikens.com 

3 hours ago, bauman said:

Is Jacobs really in the same ballpark as the other guards? I viewed him as less an immediate contributor and more a long term project. Thatch is ready to play now, I thought

27 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Is Jacobs really in the same ballpark as the other guards? I viewed him as less an immediate contributor and more a long term project. Thatch is ready to play now, I thought

Same ballpark as the freshmen or all guards?

He's very skilled. Physically, the other guys are bigger and stronger. Isabell and Wiley are seniors, we know what Goodwin's like, and Thatch is the only freshman without a weight gain assignment. But talent-wise, he can hold his own with these guys. He's not a project. If he doesn't play much this season, it'll be because we have a lot of talent, some upperclassmen, and not enough minutes for everyone. He'll be just fine.