2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like all the freshmen have made it to campus.

?  left to right - Jacobs, hankton, pesty, gordon, thor, thatch ?   is that correct?

3 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like all the freshmen have made it to campus.

For reference, the official roster lists heights and weights as:

Jacobs: 6-2, 175

Hankton: 6-7, 205

Gordon: 6-9, 230

Ingvi: 6-4, 180

Thatch: 6-3, 210

Based on the heights and weights I had when we were recruiting them, Jacobs is just a little smaller than I thought, Hankton is stronger, Gordon is taller, Ingvi is about an inch shorter, and Thatch is more swole. I don't think any of these are a big deal, just interesting.

So when players would show up during the RickMa era, they would often shrink because Rick only listed their very real heights and he wanted to be accurate.

It seems when many collegiate players should up at the NBA combine and get their real heights taken that they will then shrink an inch or two.

Do we know how accurate Coach Ford is when it comes to listing players heights?

32 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Hankton appears to bee just about as tall as Gordon in the picture

Using a highly developed mathematical formula, my protractor and compass from high school, I came up with the no-doubt correct estimate of Hankton vs. Gordon's heights.  Placing a slide ruler, subbing for the ruler I couldn't find I placed said slide ruler in a completely horizontal manner on the picture transversing the distance between KCH's eyes over Pesty's face to Gordon.  The horizontal line cut across CAG's face at his nose level.  Through the systematic  use of biometrics,  i calculated CAG's nose to be approximately 1 inch making KCH exactly 1 inch shorter than CAG

38 minutes ago, bauman said:

Using a highly developed mathematical formula, my protractor and compass from high school, I came up with the no-doubt correct estimate of Hankton vs. Gordon's heights.  Placing a slide ruler, subbing for the ruler I couldn't find I placed said slide ruler in a completely horizontal manner on the picture transversing the distance between KCH's eyes over Pesty's face to Gordon.  The horizontal line cut across CAG's face at his nose level.  Through the systematic  use of biometrics,  i calculated CAG's nose to be approximately 1 inch making KCH exactly 1 inch shorter than CAG

Calling you on this one. You really have a slide rule?  Those went out in the early 70’s. (If you actually have one give me the logarithm of 164.3. )