2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s an analysis of SLUs recruiting class, with recaps of the other A10 teams on other pages:

They predict SLU to win the conference & thevrecriting class to be a factor...although they pick Rhode Island’s class as best in conference:

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/08/26/atlantic-10-basketball-breaking-2018-recruiting-class/amp/13/

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

Here’s an analysis of SLUs recruiting class, with recaps of the other A10 teams on other pages:

They predict SLU to win the conference & thevrecriting class to be a factor...although they pick Rhode Island’s class as best in conference:

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/08/26/atlantic-10-basketball-breaking-2018-recruiting-class/amp/13/

They didn't even mention guys like Santos, Isabell, and Wiley. Those 3 were 4 stars out of HS at least according to our roster write ups. I realize this was more about FR recruits, but those 3 upper class players are scary good too. 

AGB91 and drkelsey55 like this

Isabell and Wiley are both officially on campus as of this weekend, so we now have the full squad present.

I mean, this should pretty much have been assumed because classes are starting, but those two in particular were late arrivals.

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Isabell and Wiley are both officially on campus as of this weekend, so we now have the full squad present.

I mean, this should pretty much have been assumed because classes are starting, but those two in particular were late arrivals.

We really need to get Lob City Productions out at a practice/open gym for some extended video now that everyone is on campus.

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Just an interesting note:  Bess, Isabell and Wiley are all listed as Gr on the roster. Welmer, who is also in graduate school, is listed as rSo. 

I'm all for acknowledging student-athletes' academic accomplishments, but I don't like the recent notion of listing team members on athletic rosters as "graduate."  There are only four years of playing eligibility: freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior.  Just use those.  It tells observers everything they need to know about where an athlete stands regarding playing eligibility.  To me, to list a fifth category of "graduate" implies that there are five years of playing eligibility available, but there's not.

Article by busting brackets on A10 and SLU's recruiting class.   Nothing new, interesting choice of players for KC, because i assume their only talking freshman and not transfers.

The Billikens are my, as well BustingBrackets’ bracketologist Lukas Harkins’, current favorite to win the A10. It would be a lie to say that the recruiting class is the primary reason why, but it is a significant one. After Rhode Island, St. Louis has the second best incoming class in the Conference (at least according to 247Sports).

The main reason for that kind of hype is the conference’s most highly-touted recruit, 6’8″ center Carte’Are Gordon (#73 nationally). A frontcourt duo of Gordon and Hasahn French will be, quite frankly, terrifying for opponents to run up against. Both of them are ferocious interior defenders with the strength and agility to dunk over anybody. When either of them run into foul trouble or are having an off night, 6’8″ KC Hankton will provide ample relief and throw off the defense with his outside shooting touch.

Set to join Jordan Goodwin in the backcourt are 3-star shooting guards Fred Thatchand Demarius Jacobs. Thatch is a scrappy playmaker who chose Travis Ford’s squad over Mizzou, and Jacobs was a 43% three-point shooter in high school (and the #4 player coming out of his home state of Arizona). The final piece of the class is Ingvi Gudmundsson, the 6’7″ brother of Davidson’s Jon-Axel Gudmundsson. If he is anywhere near his brother’s caliber as a player, he will be one of the better bench pieces in the conference.

With that roster coming into the season, you heard it hear (I would say “first,” but if you’re a fan of the A10, you’ve probably heard it already): watch out for the Billikens in March.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Freshmen this year are living in the brand new residence halls. I would imagine the one on Grand.

Yeah I think I saw CAG moving in THR to Grand. The rooms are big.

8 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Towel me. 

Also, Welmer is practicing. 

i could do that job of missing the shot from the head of the key if the team needs any volunteer assistance.