2018-19 season

20 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Based off his Instagram, it does not appear so.  The sooner we can get the whole team together, the better. 

100% agreed.  But have to think Thor may see the least minutes this year.  

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Not yet. He's back in Seattle at the moment. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

He’s currently in seattle 

27 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

He's in Seattle right now. 

I can confirm all of these statements. Isabell is in Seattle currently 

15 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I was in seattle too last week.  Played on the courts by the Jimi Hendrix statue. 

Cool.  By the way, Jimi (as well as Quincy Jones), went to Garfield High School in Seattle.kind of near Lake Washington.  They must have had a heck of a music department. 

I heard Jimi could shoot the three, before there was a three.  He was Johnny Allen Hendrix, before he went by Jimi.

27 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Cool.  By the way, Jimi (as well as Quincy Jones), went to Garfield High School in Seattle.kind of near Lake Washington.  They must have had a heck of a music department. 

I heard Jimi could shoot the three, before there was a three.  He was Johnny Allen Hendrix, before he went by Jimi.

I heard Jimi loved drugs

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

why do you think that?

Rich somewhat covered it in the post above. 

I think Ingvi will be a much better shooter than his European stats indicate. He was shooting from a further line, and if the FIBA Europe U20s were any indication, he did not have much scoring help. The other teams’ defenses were totally keyed in on him.  As a (probable) fifth scoring option, I think he will get a lot of open looks as other teams are focused on our top scorers.  I could be way wrong, of course, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him shoot around 37-40% from beyond the arc this year.  On a team without a ton of outside shooters, that would be huge. 

12 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Rich somewhat covered it in the post above. 

I think Ingvi will be a much better shooter than his European stats indicate. He was shooting from a further line, and if the FIBA Europe U20s were any indication, he did not have much scoring help. The other teams’ defenses were totally keyed in on him.  As a (probable) fifth scoring option, I think he will get a lot of open looks as other teams are focused on our top scorers.  I could be way wrong, of course, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him shoot around 37-40% from beyond the arc this year.  On a team without a ton of outside shooters, that would be huge. 

Dont doubt it, but unless I saw wrong, didnt Hankdog have a better 3 pt %

Coaches don't always have perfect flexibility to take players in the order they want but Thor committed to SLU before Hankton did. Hankton really only came aboard because of a sick grandmother. :) 

One can infer, without knowing with certainty, that Ford valued Thor more than Hankton. Doesn't mean we know which will be better but it's an indication.

9 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Coaches don't always have perfect flexibility to take players in the order they want but Thor committed to SLU before Hankton did. Hankton really only came aboard because of a sick grandmother. :) 

One can infer, without knowing with certainty, that Ford valued Thor more than Hankton. Doesn't mean we know which will be better but it's an indication.

Thought process wrong.  Yes Thor came first.  But Hankton replaces very similar player who left unexpectantly ....... Johnson.  So not fair to assume Thor is more valued by Ford.

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Dont doubt it, but unless I saw wrong, didnt Hankdog have a better 3 pt %

Probably, but again, look at the competition. Thor was playing against professionals and national teams. I admittedly don’t know much about the level of competition Hankton faced, but I would assume it was a lower level. 

Keep in mind, in the FIBA Euro u20s in 2016, Davidson’s Jon Axel Gudmundsson shot only 19.4% from beyond the arc. Ingvi shot a bit better than that this year, at 26.8%. I think we would all happily take Jon Axel on our team. Not saying Ingvi will be him- just showing his European stats don’t prove he won’t be a great shooter. 

Zink likes this