Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

I've stayed away from commenting in this thread because it involves a good deal of speculation over a very sensitive topic, but I'd like to counter that this has not reached a fever pitch. While basketball is very important to us here on the board, it is not as large in the public light as we may think. The fact of the matter is that the general person on the street is largely unaware of the situation at the school currently. This administration markets SLU on many things aside from athletics, which when combined with the poor last 3 and half seasons, has suppressed the newsworthiness of this story. Dr. P isn't going anywhere as a result of this investigation, and a decision isn't coming soon based on classes resuming next week. I wouldn't hold my breath on either of those. 

Not only have you stayed away from commenting in this thread, you also have stayed away from reading it, apparently. 

Regardless of the "public eye," there are thousands of people who are friends, financial benefactors and alums of this school on both sides of the issue here - this is an incredibly volatile time in the history of our alma mater. The only thing I can give SLU credit for in this time table is that it is probably doing more than her due diligence. If we had a result of this situation right away, we'd all be up in arms about the lack of due diligence and procedural process. The only positive I can think of as the situation enters its fifth month here is that hopefully the administration is exhausting and investigating all possible remedies. It will be a Catch-22 no doubt, but I'm sure that the limiting of the damnation in the "public eye" will be what Pestello hopes to accomplish. 

We are all generally unaware of the situation at the school in regards what is being discussed behind closed doors, John. That's incredibly naive to think otherwise. 

Pestello has proven beyond a doubt that he was horribly unprepared to be a full time president at a University of SLU's size with D1 Athletics. He has no idea how to handle this situation and is just terrified of the current climate of sexual assualts in hollywood etc. So his wagon is hitched to the liberal train hoping that he comes out looking like a hero, not realizing that he actually is appearing as a racist and a fool and more intolerant that tolerant....

I still maintain that all it would take is one major local media interview (elliot davis, chris nagus etc) with Freddy P and this would be over in 24 hours. He has had NO PRESSURE on him from the start to do ANYTHING.

28 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Pestello has proven beyond a doubt that he was horribly unprepared to be a full time president at a University of SLU's size with D1 Athletics. He has no idea how to handle this situation and is just terrified of the current climate of sexual assualts in hollywood etc. So his wagon is hitched to the liberal train hoping that he comes out looking like a hero, not realizing that he actually is appearing as a racist and a fool and more intolerant that tolerant....

I still maintain that all it would take is one major local media interview (elliot davis, chris nagus etc) with Freddy P and this would be over in 24 hours. He has had NO PRESSURE on him from the start to do ANYTHING.

I don't know that one hard hitting column from the media would do anything but the local media has remained surprisingly quiet about this outside of Ortiz trying to kick down the Chaifetz doors on the first day of practice. 

Just now, slufan13 said:

I don't know that one hard hitting column from the media would do anything but the local media has remained surprisingly quiet about this outside of Ortiz trying to kick down the Chaifetz doors on the first day of practice. 

The only thing the Post, excluding Stu, seemed to care about was finding out the names of the players involved.  They were all in on this story when they didn't know the names of the players. Once they got that, they seemed to stop chasing the story.  Stu is the Billiken beat reporter.  I don't expect him to be filing a sunshine request for the police report and working sources inside the sex crimes unit to give the actual scoop on what happened with the police investigation.  Other people at the Post should have been doing those things.

12 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Agreed. I keep seeing all of the PD writers  blaming the refs every time Mizzou loses ( I get it, they're Mizzou alums)  but why not one mention of SLU playing their entire non-conference schedule and then some without 4 scholarship players when mentioning a SLU loss? At least mention that! This had me laughing:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/gordo-ranks-the-region-s-hoops-teams/collection_d717559e-06b0-5471-bb28-459162d2407b.html

Ranking SLU as the 5th best regional college basketball team without mentioning that their projected leading scorer for this year (AD), their leading scorer from 2 years ago (JB), their PG (TG), and big man/outside shooting threat (EW) haven't played one minute of ball this year.

Oh well, I need to let it go. Or consult a therapist.

16 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Agreed. I keep seeing all of the PD writers  blaming the refs every time Mizzou loses ( I get it, they're Mizzou alums)  but why not one mention of SLU playing their entire non-conference schedule and then some without 4 scholarship players when mentioning a SLU loss? At least mention that! This had me laughing:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/gordo-ranks-the-region-s-hoops-teams/collection_d717559e-06b0-5471-bb28-459162d2407b.html

Ranking SLU as the 5th best regional college basketball team without mentioning that their projected leading scorer for this year (AD), their leading scorer from 2 years ago (JB), their PG (TG), and big man/outside shooting threat (EW) haven't played one minute of ball this year.

Oh well, I need to let it go. Or consult a therapist.

I guess he missed that we beat SEMO by 30 and SIUC.  He has them listed ahead of us if I read his list correctly.

im going to be that tool for a second and say "my sources say", but I just heard something from someone who doesnt have much SLU ties at all, so take it for what it is.  He said he heard from someone within that the "mysterious 4th" was a recruit.   I understand a lot of people on this board said she took that back, but is that for sure?  I hope this is completely inaccurate,  i'm just spreading more gossip.

Also he said Thursday is when something is supposed to be said, so I guess we could wait to see just how far off they were on this. 

Anyone who is interested in this that does not know the 4 names ain't too curious. Back in September I asked and was PM'd 4 names. All 3 not playing were on there so 75% correct at least. 4th name is playing and is not a recruit. Maybe they thought being incoming freshman was still counted as a recruit. If info I was given is wrong and there was a recruit involved could be bad.