Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

32 minutes ago, dlarry said:

This f'ing guy needs to go.

I

Yeah, let’s write a piece that slams a college freshman and then pat ourselves on the back because five people in the St Louis Metropolitan area agree. 

Yeah, no need to talk to the kid or his parents like Frank C. Too much work plus you would have to look the college freshman in the eye before the slam.

Nice.

David King likes this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me recently of interview with Derrick Goold and Tim McKernan where Tim asked Derrick about Ortiz's comment in a column that Fowler is last guy into clubhouse and first one to leave.  Goold responded that he knows the response to that because what he did was ask Fowler about it and him and the Cardinals confirmed that he has a private trainer and they have a deal where he works out with him at another location before games.  Guy travels with them on road games and it was same when he was with the Cubs.  Amazing what asking questions can do for an article but Ortiz refuses.  Could really use Burwell right now, no doubt he would have a rebuttal for that column today.  

2 hours ago, HoosierBilliken said:

The problem is not necessarily SLU.  It's the nationwide problem with Title IX and how it infiltrates universities with social justice warriors.  I guess we are going to just go on about our business.  If I was Goodwin's parents, I would try to have my cake and eat it too.  Let Goodwin play, support SLU, be the hometown hero, play for a good team, AND at the same time take steps to have a complete investigation into the fool's gold standard to ensure their son was treated fairly.  The problem is how to finance that. 

I agree with your sentiments but having your cake and eating it to is not the analogy I would use. Their son’s name has been dragged through and tied to this situation forever because of this blind leading the blind mishandling of an investigation. 

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

No doubt. I knew as soon as a person or two said something about deporting him, that would be the storyline. Meanwhile, well written and thought out emails like the one from Roy and SShoe will get completely ignored. He’s now the victim/survivor in this episode.

100%. Now he’s the victim? Tomorrow he should release a statement through his attorney in which he is lauded as a “survivor” of the malacious attacks by SLU fans. Let’s really bring this full circle. 

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I agree he was too stupid to know that Jordan's got a good family and the power of their words today made him smaller than when he wrote that piece of garbage I promise to show all the interview with Frank and the Goodwin's so everyone knows and will counter the liars.

He literally wrote an article 6 weeks ago in which he praised Goodwin’s family background, including quotes from said family.

Honestly, I am now beyond myself that not one person related to, or employed by, the Post-Dispatch cares, or will admit that Ortiz erred in his article when he stated  Goodwin violated the Title IX policy. As someone pointed out, a student is not even able to violate this policy, which holds UNIVERSITIES accountable. What the f— is even happening right now? Who runs that paper?

I mean look at this a—hole RTing other Title IX articles to try and prove his point. All the while ignoring the 5,000 people who messaged him about the error in his column. (I did not click the article, nor do I know how many people tried to correct him, but this is an ‘opinion’ post, so who cares if I am wrong, right?)

1F9FB6E9-C55E-44A3-8DC4-FBF952AF83C1.thumb.jpeg.80645e86f19fab8e7f4dccfda6bc6c4f.jpeg

I’ve started drinking. Can anyone tell? Probably not, because I’m still being completely rational about all of this. Crazy 

brianstl likes this

I hope the family gets some Justice.  I do believe there's some racial component here.  Although, I know white guys are also guilty until proven innocent in these matters too.  Actually you're never proven innocent.  There's really no chance and you move on like the other players.

Didn't read the article not wasting my time.  More clicks is good for that loser.  Hope someone sees the community disgust and makes a change.  This guy isn't a shock jock with a schtick, he's supposed to be a journalist.  That word doesn't mean much anymore.

I don't give much to charity and zero to my alma mater (SEMO not SLU.) I've never and will never vive money to SLU beyond ticket prices.  I would never give to a "go fund me" type account for any crazy Shiite.  If it was not an NCAA violation I would give a considerable amount to the Goodwin family to burn SLU to the gotdammned ground.   

You can tell the response is mostly negative when I know I submitted 2 questions in his chat today with no accusations towards the girls or anything bad, just questions on how he arrived at conclusions he wrote and not a single one was answered but he was able to print 2 positive comments to his article.  Then the tweet tonight going to his clutch of somebody saying he should be deported because there will always be one ignorant guy like that.  

It's amazing to me how this guy is allowed to call out a freshmen in college about accountability in the city paper with no need to stick to facts and Goodwin has clearly proven he is the more mature and grown up individual of the two tonight.  

I really thought I would be able to move on pretty quickly once there was a conclusion.  So much for that.

I am probably more pissed off now than I have been at any point prior. Every fear I had about people labeling four young innocent black men sexual predators for the rest of their lives is coming true.  It is just disgusting.  A half wit columnist has played upon some of the worst stereotypes in our society in article that will live on the internet forever sliming the players.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I really thought I would be able to move on pretty quickly once there was a conclusion.  So much for that.

I am probably more pissed off now than I have been at any point prior. Every fear I had about people labeling four young innocent black men sexual predators for the rest of their lives is coming true.  It is just disgusting.  A half wit columnist has played upon some of the worst stereotypes in our society in article that will live on the internet forever sliming the players.

Don’t forget trying to hit Carteare Gordon with a little excess slime

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Let's be honest, Fred Pestello is an absolute fraud. He comes out with things like the Clocktower Accords and claims to be a warrior for social justice, but in reality it's all just a show he puts on to get people to view him favorably. The fact that he's screwing over 4 young black men is hysterical, and I honestly can't believe that the local media is just sitting by idly and not making a bigger deal of this. Just read the piece in the Atlantic about the implications of racial bias in Title IX cases. A large majority of the cases are privileged white girls accusing black men of assault, and the men get screwed time and time again. Yet the SJW's are turning a blind eye to this (again, just hysterical, and I'm a pretty left leaning guy to be honest...). 

Fred is akin to the worst kind of politicians. Now that all of this has been blowing up in his face, he's been trying desperately to save face and maintain his public image. He's caught between a rock and a hard place because this entire time he hasn't wanted to upset the radical feminists that support Title IX policies, but he has also desperately tried to maintain the favor of everyone else. Apparently this kind of BS went on while he was at Le Moyne, and there were a lot of people in that community that saw him for what he truly was: a phony who's all talk and no substance. 

http://www.syracuse.com/living/index.ssf/2014/07/now_in_st_louis_former_le_moyne_president_fred_pestello_defends_past_use_of_consultants_13m_office_renovation.html#comments

"You can tell just looking at him he's a sleaze ball. After getting Le Moyne to buy him a hugely extravagant house, spending $1.3 million to build a palatial office for him, and after no action by the incompetent Board of Trustees, he suddenly left for more money. He was a lousy example for Le Moyne's students. Good riddance. Hope St. Louis did their homework before hiring him"

So listening to Frank's show from today.  The Goodwins found out 2 weeks ago from the sanctioned letter that he was being accused of sexual assault.  That was the first time he and his parents had heard about it and which is why he was playing.  None of the girls involved said he sexually assaulted them.  The hearing officer (he didn't say Weathers) said it was by process of elimination that Jordan did it. That was the wording the hearing officer used.  One of the girls specifically told her it was not Jordan Goodwin.  Weathers heard that from a girl but he still received the letter from sexual assault but he was found innocent of sexual assault on appeal but the school policy was what he broke .  

Did I miss this posted?  That's crazy! 

2 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

So listening to Frank's show from today.  The Goodwins found out 2 weeks ago from the sanctioned letter that he was being accused of sexual assault.  That was the first time he and his parents had heard about it and which is why he was playing.  None of the girls involved said he sexually assaulted them.  The hearing officer (he didn't say Weathers) said it was by process of elimination that Jordan did it. That was the wording the hearing officer used.  One of the girls specifically told her it was not Jordan Goodwin.  Weathers heard that from a girl but he still received the letter from sexual assault but he was found innocent of sexual assault but the school policy was what he broke .  

Holy shiit...

4 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

So listening to Frank's show from today.  The Goodwins found out 2 weeks ago from the sanctioned letter that he was being accused of sexual assault.  That was the first time he and his parents had heard about it and which is why he was playing.  None of the girls involved said he sexually assaulted them.  The hearing officer (he didn't say Weathers) said it was by process of elimination that Jordan did it. That was the wording the hearing officer used.  One of the girls specifically told her it was not Jordan Goodwin.  Weathers heard that from a girl but he still received the letter from sexual assault but he was found innocent of sexual assault on appeal but the school policy was what he broke .  

Lap 4 of today’s opening monologue - starting at the 11:45 mark.

Segment 1 - Opening Monologue 2/14/18 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thepressbox/2018/02/14/segment-1--opening-monologue-21418

The depths of my sadness and anger regarding this situation continue to grow with every detail that comes out. It's worse than I ever imagined. The fix was in from the beginning and it's clear the Title IX team wanted to take down as many players as they could, no matter the facts.

Just now, kshoe said:

The depths of my sadness and anger regarding this situation continue to grow with every detail that comes out. It's worse than I ever imagined. The fix was in from the beginning and it's clear the Title IX team wanted to take down as many players as they could, no matter the facts.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I was just about to post something similar. This board has been a source of accurate information throughout this process. Most things that have been posted have been confirmed as true. 

Ive posted before but this is the fact. 

Fred Pestello can not remain president of Saint Louis University. 

SouthSide_Billiken likes this

Well I got an email today from SLU asking for donations.  I replied back to alumni relations stating I would no longer make any donations, participate in any alumni events etc due to the gross injustice conducted by SLU Title IX group, and condoned by SLU's president.  If SLU wishes for donations from alum like myself then remove the two problems plaguing my school.  

My donations probably don't mean much...but if enough alum speak up about wanting change maybe something will happen.   Not that anyone here is forgetting about the 3 young men whose lives have been drastically altered; but now is the time to try and exert as much pressure for change as we can.  Bottom line that we all can agree upon is that fred needs to go as well as weathers.  That is just a start, SLU needs a whole new change in direction with board of trustees; but I will settle for Fred and weathers.  Just my opinion.  

21 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Lap 4 of today’s opening monologue - starting at the 11:45 mark.

Segment 1 - Opening Monologue 2/14/18 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thepressbox/2018/02/14/segment-1--opening-monologue-21418

Just listened to this and my jaw dropped to the floor.  What the hell is going on here?  Is there any accountability for SLU? They literally made this up as they went along.

1 minute ago, kappy96 said:

Just listened to this and my jaw dropped to the floor.  What the hell is going on here?  Is there any accountability for SLU? They literally made this up as they went along.

It’s the Keystone Cops, my friend.  The are so concerned about the process and being PC, they screw over others in the process.

I didn't even know the 550 sport show was a thing but here is  Rammer on S2.

He says he thinks Goodwin should be angry.

He asks why the non basketball players weren't punished....i took that to mean the [females].

He sound as confused and pissed off as the rest of us.

It starts around 14:30

Edited by Quality Is Job 1
thetorch likes this

34 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I just listened. Anyone involved in reaching the initial punishments, at least as it applied to Goodwin, should be removed from their role with Saint Louis University. This is like the student conduct version of the Duke Lacrosse case. It's corruption, and anyone who contributed to that decision should be removed from SLU immediately.  

kappy96 and TRN like this