Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

i think after reading he first few thoughts on the ortiz chat, it is obvious...........pesty, krafty and stormy got to him first.  wait a minute........pesty is a man, ortiz a man, krafty and stormy are women............no that's too much of a coincidence.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I asked him if he would ammend his article to be an “editorial” in light of revealing that it was his opinion.

I think an editorial has to come from the editorial board, which this does not.

18 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

2AB9CC49-252F-46E2-9869-A25395735420.jpeg.a58b4ecbeb45d7ec6f4cb8515835c4c4.jpeg

You were right I should not have opened this chat 

What is WAAAAAY shadier is that he says a "SLU Person" and NOT a "SLU Employee" or anything more specific.  I would love to know what a SLU person is.  Would you consider the lawyer of a girl who filed a Title IX complain at SLU as a SLU Person (yes, I know that was a woman where JOrtiz is referencing a man)?  JOrtiz prolly would.

He also will not state what they are verifying.  So the "SLU Person" believes JOrtiz committed libel and ignored all journalistic integrity, but that libel was not blatant.  The "SLU Person" has seen way more blatant libel from JOrtiz before.

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Can we get back to criticizing Pestello, the Title IX Office, Weathers, etc? Ortiz is a nobody who won't even acknowledge SLU again for 12 months.

when he writes how Goodwin is "rehabilitated" after leading the team to the tournament :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:
I'm a columnist. I write opinion pieces. Do you really not understand that columnists write opinion pieces? If you don't, let me explain that columnists write opinions.
by jortiz edited by jortiz 2:32 PM

So you can publish straight up lies and it's all good because you call them your opinions? That's cool. #FireJesus

4 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:
I'm a columnist. I write opinion pieces. Do you really not understand that columnists write opinion pieces? If you don't, let me explain that columnists write opinions.
by jortiz edited by jortiz 2:32 PM

Then his next answer about Brett Cecil

I will not comment on Cecil. You have no idea what personal matter he is handling, so you shouldn't pass judgment.
by jortiz 2/14/2018 8:34:10 PM 2:34 PM

30 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Then his next answer about Brett Cecil

I will not comment on Cecil. You have no idea what personal matter he is handling, so you shouldn't pass judgment.
by jortiz 2/14/2018 8:34:10 PM 2:34 PM

-this goes in the "truth is stranger than fiction" bucket, you can't make up this stuff 

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Guys. He literally wrote a piece defending a pedophile. Of course he’s a tool 

My opinion is that Jesus himself is a pedophile. It's just my opinion...it's not based on any real research or actual fact-checking. Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

My opinion is that Jesus himself is a pedophile. It's just my opinion...it's not based on any real research or actual fact-checking. Just my opinion.

Now please go post this in a widely read publication without mentioning that it's your opinion.

12 minutes ago, QUAILMAN said:

Now please go post this in a widely read publication without mentioning that it's your opinion.

I think it’s fine that he didn’t specifically say it was his opinion; he’s a columnist so all pieces are his opinion. The problem is that his opinion was unfounded and that it villified a 19-year old kid. 

Littlebill likes this

6 minutes ago, NH said:

I think it’s fine that he didn’t specifically say it was his opinion; he’s a columnist so all pieces are his opinion. The problem is that his opinion was unfounded and that it villified a 19-year old kid. 

The problem isn't his opinion, it is he is claiming something as fact that isn't fact.  He is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The problem isn't his opinion, it is he is claiming something as fact that isn't fact.  He is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts.

Exactly what I mean when I say it’s unfounded.