Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea it's not his opinion, it's basically he tried to write an article attacking Goodwin, the players, Ford and the basketball program but the Title IX process is handled by SLUs Title IX office.  That is who you should go after.  If he could pull up a single claim or instance on any of the players that would make you question their character when Ford brought them in, then include that in the article.  He didn't because he couldn't find anything.  The length of the investigation is due to the outside firm taking longer than 60 days, then the hearing officer taking over a month to decide the punishment.  Again, not on Goodwin or the basketball program like he tried to insinuate, it's on the Title IX office.  You can't act like the Title IX office got it right by kicking 3 kids off campus but then say they are trying to cover up for 1 of the kids.  That makes no sense but that's the article he went with.  It makes more sense that the one was involved to a lesser extent than the other 3.  

I walked Chris May on campus a few minutes ago. He was talking on the phone using headphones and I overheard him say “I’m leaving Thursday and won’t be back til Saturday. I’m not even staying for the games.” 

Not It sure where he’s going, not that it has any real relevance, but he looked like such a tool talking on the phone with headphones on. And I just thought I’d share how much he annoyed me.

4 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

I walked Chris May on campus a few minutes ago. He was talking on the phone using headphones and I overheard him say “I’m leaving Thursday and won’t be back til Saturday. I’m not even staying for the games.” 

Not It sure where he’s going, not that it has any real relevance, but he looked like such a tool talking on the phone with headphones on. And I just thought I’d share how much he annoyed me.

how many games you been to this year?

6 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

4. Hope that meets your expectations , great sir. 

would seem someone questioning our AD and a student with a discount ticket opportunity every game would be at more games than that.   

10 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

The SLU student handbook indicates that "voyeurism" violates the code of conduct. Per the code, if Goodwin was there and saw sex acts, he's guilty.

Lots of slu students are about to be suspended for 2.5 months I guess. Not good for the school 

615 was calling our AD a tool because he was working on the move.   Said may annoyed him.    well it annoys me that a student has the gall to call out the AD when he is right here all the time with the ability to go to games at a discount make noise to help the team win.........and doesnt.  that is a tool  at the very least, not much of a fan.  

24 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

He's a dog... on a leash?  That explains everything! :D

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

615 was calling our AD a tool because he was working on the move.   Said may annoyed him.    well it annoys me that a student has the gall to call out the AD when he is right here all the time with the ability to go to games at a discount make noise to help the team win.........and doesnt.  that is a tool  at the very least, not much of a fan.  

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I think, at this point, May has qualified himself for tool status. As a manager of people at various levels, I am qualified to say that he should be front and center during the biggest controversy to hit his department in years. He did not issue a press conference. He wasn't even there to support his employee during the press conference. He now seems to be leaving town as to not be present to answer questoins (although I concede that is hearsay, at best). May is not the leader we need. I fully believe a strong leader in the AD would have steered this differently. It is AMAZING what strong leadership can do.

4 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Did he specifically tell you what it was then?

I'd think pot could be involved at some level. Total guess. To most it's not a big deal and normally if you get caught with it, it'd be a game or two suspension but because of the other circumstances it gets elevated into a much bigger deal.

I think Goodwin got a ridiculous first punishment but they didn't think they could completely reverse it to no punishment so they went for the rest of the semester. I can't envision any scenario for your actions where you are completely banned from campus for 11 weeks

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

May has been totally absent from this situation, save for one public exchange with a fan at Butler. I don’t really feel for May.