Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

22 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

That was incredibly interesting. This is not gonna end well for SLU

More than ever do I wish someone if not a few,  get canned after this whole thing. May I feel bad for the families

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Words....only words people.  That's all we are doing.

Would somebody please pass onto the Goodwin family that they need to start a Go Fund Me page to finance a complete investigation that can be led by the nastiest attorney(s) they can find to hold people accountable at SLU so this abortion of justice will not ever happen again?

I am serious.  I want the emails and texts subpoenaed.  I want Weathers, Pestello, and the fool's gold standard leader deposed.  I want SLU to feel the heat.

And sue Ortiz for libel just as the cherry on top.  

This board and others can spread the message and they will have more money than they know what to do with.

You CANNOT raise money for a student athlete

30 minutes ago, TRN said:

holy cow, finally someone comes out and says what it is -- "racial discrimination/profiling, a civil rights violation, guilty until proven innocent, these accusations will be with him for the rest of his life" etc. goodwin's family is handling this as well as anyone could be expected to in their situation. good on them. we are so, so lucky jordan wants to come back to SLU after this farce 

1 minute ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Good point.  Can the parents start their own legal, civil rights, Go Fund Me page?  Can a third party create a 501(C) to fund an investigation?  

I'm sure tons of lawyers would go pro bono given the facts in this

9 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Words....only words people.  That's all we are doing.

Would somebody please pass onto the Goodwin family that they need to start a Go Fund Me page to finance a complete investigation that can be led by the nastiest attorney(s) they can find to hold people accountable at SLU so this abortion of justice will not ever happen again?

I am serious.  I want the emails and texts subpoenaed.  I want Weathers, Pestello, and the fool's gold standard leader deposed.  I want SLU to feel the heat.

And sue Ortiz for libel just as the cherry on top.  

This board and others can spread the message to fund this righteous cause.

This is a little extreme. We dont want to absolutely destroy the program we are all cheering and arguing so passionately for.  Get your point though

Agree with you 05, it appears to me that Goodwin got a negotiated settlement and is likely under a number of restrictions as part of the settlement. If they start legal action the whole deal may be off. What do you really want to accomplish, to help the program retain Goodwin or to screw the University? 

2 minutes ago, TheOne said:

This is a little extreme. We dont want to absolutely destroy the program we are all cheering and arguing so passionately for.  Get your point though

Just now, Old guy said:

Agree with you 05, it appears to me that Goodwin got a negotiated settlement and is likely under a number of restrictions as part of the settlement. If they start legal action the whole deal may be off. What do you really want to accomplish, to help the program retain Goodwin or to screw the University? 

I don't want to destroy SLU.  I want change to the social justice fool's gold standard.  By letting them off the hook, nothing is going to change.  The only reason this travesty of justice came to light is that it involved basketball players.  Believe me, the SLU SJW's want this to go away as soon as possible so they can continue to ruin men's lives.

11 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

holy cow, finally someone comes out and says what it is -- "racial discrimination/profiling, a civil rights violation, guilty until proven innocent, these accusations will be with him for the rest of his life" etc. goodwin's family is handling this as well as anyone could be expected to in their situation. good on them. we are so, so lucky jordan wants to come back to SLU after this farce 

Yeah this is huge. This is absolutely going to blow up in SLU's face, especially when the SJW's/feminist groups start to get called out on their hypocrisy...

38 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

Now that will be an interesting push for donations...

”Help us clean up the mess we made”.

Had the pleasure of telling SLU why they won’t be receiving my usual (very, very meager) gift this year. Be sure to pick up the phone when $LU calls, money talks. 

The problem is not necessarily SLU.  It's the nationwide problem with Title IX and how it infiltrates universities with social justice warriors.  I guess we are going to just go on about our business.  If I was Goodwin's parents, I would try to have my cake and eat it too.  Let Goodwin play, support SLU, be the hometown hero, play for a good team, AND at the same time take steps to have a complete investigation into the fool's gold standard to ensure their son was treated fairly.  The problem is how to finance that. 

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Thank you for the link I felt so bad for the Goodwin's and it reminded me of the parents of the accused with Duke Lacrosse.  I am so sorry for the Goodwin family and I will do everything I can do to support them.  It hurts to hear Mrs Goodwin say it will never go away.

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'm sure tons of lawyers would go pro bono given the facts in this

In essence, isn’t that also an NCAA violation? Eating billable hours on behalf of a student-athlete? 

21 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

It’s impressive how Mr. and Mrs. Goodwin managed to show restraint/composure/class while still making some pretty damning - and honest - statements.

13 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Yeah this is huge. This is absolutely going to blow up in SLU's face, especially when the SJW's/feminist groups start to get called out on their hypocrisy...

Perfect take. Cannot get enough likes. My man Spoon-Balls! 

46 minutes ago, Sheltiedave said:

We should be reading a retraction of Ortiz’s hatchet job article of today, a proper synopsis of the situation, including the fact that Goodwin was neither cited as part of the “sexual assault” by the girls, nor suspended by the school for any sexual misconduct, and a formal apology from the Post editor to the Goodwin family.

This should be on the front page.

I would also expect to see an article on the sports front page, detailing Ortiz’s one week suspension for failure to confirm material facts prior to publishing, and a personal apology from him to the Goodwins.

We try to behave this way here; there is every expectation that the Post holds itself to the highest order to get things right.

4 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Well done,  MBMs!  I won't believe it til I see it, but there is hope for truth and right!

mhg

I couldn’t tell if Sheltie was actually saying there would be or should be

1 hour ago, TRN said:

It make me sick that those parents had to take out a second mortgage on their own to protect their sons from the monsters that run SLU’s Title IX process.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

I couldn’t tell if Sheltie was actually saying there would be or should be

I'm pretty sure Sheltie was saying there should be (in fact it's the second word of his post), but we all know (based on what Ortiz has published in social media) that we won't see that.