• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

1) Ignore Mizzou fans

2) See step 1 

3) Thatch is awesome 

This is very sound advice, with applications in many of life's moments. Adherence to these three steps will lead to a happier and more productive life. 

14 minutes ago, willie said:

My bet is Thatch will have the best 4 year career of our recruiting class. 

bold statement.   that will be interesting to followup in 4 years. 

20 minutes ago, willie said:

I don't know about that.  It could happen. 

I really think Thatch has a great chance to go down as an all-time fan favorite because of all the different things he can do and how he plays the game.

SLU_Lax likes this

4 minutes ago, willie said:

I see him as a Jett type player with a better outside shot. 

considering where jett ended up as  a billiken that is high praise!   hope you are right. 

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

1) Ignore Mizzou fans

2) See step 1 

3) Thatch is awesome 

1.) fantastic post

2.) see point 1

3.) Thatch will be a very good player for us and one that we're gonna love having as a Billiken - a potential Academic All-American type. 

43 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

bold statement.   that will be interesting to followup in 4 years. 

Key part of willie's statement is that he will be a 4-year player.  There's a greater risk that some of our incoming class will not be.

On 5/4/2018 at 12:21 PM, willie said:

We’ll see....the latest on a repeat honor for Pearson, who improved his senior year even with a new surrounding cast:

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/sports/boys-prep-basketball-pearson-accomplishes-goals-getting-team-to-state/article_d143acee-5664-52b4-8939-9554755a1b35.html

From today's Stu story on JGood:

Goodwin will arrive on campus around the same time as some of the team's incoming freshmen, a group that includes guards Fred Thatch, Demarius Jacobs and Ingvi Gudmundsson, wing Mickey Pearson and forward Carte'Are Gordon.

That looks so good in print.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 2:48 PM, juniorbill76 said:

From today's Stu story on JGood:

Goodwin will arrive on campus around the same time as some of the team's incoming freshmen, a group that includes guards Fred Thatch, Demarius Jacobs and Ingvi Gudmundsson, wing Mickey Pearson and forward Carte'Are Gordon.

That looks so good in print.

I really hope D. Jacobs is not lost for some reason.  I think he is as talented of an incoming guard as anyone else we have signed over the past few years.  Not better than JG for example, just different skills, really athletic and a better shooter.  He could make a great backcourt teaming with JG after this year.

7 minutes ago, bauman said:

I really hope D. Jacobs is not lost for some reason.  I think he is as talented of an incoming guard as anyone else we have signed over the past few years.  Not better than JG for example, just different skills, really athletic and a better shooter.  He could make a great backcourt teaming with JG after this year.

I'm looking forward to SLU's release of a summer prospectus or the 2018-19 roster.  That would help us rest easier.

23 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm looking forward to SLU's release of a summer prospectus or the 2018-19 roster.  That would help us rest easier.

Didn't know there was a summer prospectus but knowing SLU, I bet it is released in the fall every year. 

majerus mojo likes this

15 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Didn't know there was a summer prospectus but knowing SLU, I bet it is released in the fall every year. 

There have been occasions when SLU has released a summer prospectus, usually in June or July (if memory serves).

EDIT: I did a search for documents that I've saved to my computer.  The last one I've saved is from 11 years ago (Majerus's first), and it appears to be from August.  Most of the older ones that I've saved are from July or August.  So we likely have to wait another month or so before the SID releases one for 2018-19.

9 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Tweet now deleted.

Wierd.  This is so friggin' strange.  Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Have been following Pearson throughout his senior year, and have been anticipating his joining SLU and developing under TF guidance.  Would be disappointed if he got away.

mhg