Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yummy yummy. Can't wait to see his rankings on all the know it all sites after season ends. top 10 players as he was originally ranked when we got his early commit still seems possible. Strange a big scores 40 and doesn't get double figures in rebounds.

36 minutes ago, almaman said:

yummy yummy. Can't wait to see his rankings on all the know it all sites after season ends. top 10 players as he was originally ranked when we got his early commit still seems possible. Strange a big scores 40 and doesn't get double figures in rebounds.

The guy Gordon was guarding lingered on the perimeter quite a bit in order to draw him out, and Gordon's teammates did a good job crashing the glass - I'm pretty sure Ramey had over 10reb.

7 hours ago, almaman said:

game story

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/high-school/article205430619.html

7 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

The class of Missouri high school basketball Chaminade vs Webster-Groves...yes please

Yeah, this is the final I would've wanted from the start because of my major biases for both. And because they're the best teams.

I have to think WG is going to win, and that Gordon is set up nicely for another big game. Chaminade has gone through the playoffs without Henry Gladson, their beefy power forward who would be able to at least keep Gordon in check. They don't have a lot of size without him.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yeah, this is the final I would've wanted from the start because of my major biases for both. And because they're the best teams.

I have to think WG is going to win, and that Gordon is set up nicely for another big game. Chaminade has gone through the playoffs without Henry Gladson, their beefy power forward who would be able to at least keep Gordon in check. They don't have a lot of size without him.

Same for me and without Gladson Chaminade struggles to guard the paint and rebound at times as it is, Gordon is going to be a major problem. If Chaminade is hot maybe it is a game, but I could see Webster winning comfortably. Especially with so much of Chaminade’s defense predicated on forcing TOs, with Ramey running the show they may not be able get many.

41 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

That photo at the top of the article is great. P-D photos are here. WG's Hudl game highlights are here, and I know at least one of the local YouTube highlight channels was there, so we should get a longer highlight package, too.

51 minutes ago, Pistol said:

That photo at the top of the article is great. P-D photos are here. WG's Hudl game highlights are here, and I know at least one of the local YouTube highlight channels was there, so we should get a longer highlight package, too.

Gordon looks unstoppable 1v1. Tremendous quickness and a nice touch around the rim. I noticed he only took a few 3's this season, but in the past he looks to have a nice mid range game. I wonder if he will be able to become a 3 point threat as well?

I can't recall the last time SLU had 3 recruits who have posted 40 pt games. Pistol, correct me if I'm wrong but I think both Pearson and Thatch have a few games in the 40s this season, havent' they? I don't think the A10 knows what's in store for them next season. Change the team name from Blue to Big Blue Storm!

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I can't recall the last time SLU had 3 recruits who have posted 40 pt games. Pistol, correct me if I'm wrong but I think both Pearson and Thatch have a few games in the 40s this season, havent' they? I don't think the A10 knows what's in store for them next season. Change the team name from Blue to Big Blue Storm!

Pearson had a career-high 47 points this season, and I believe he's topped 40 a few other times. I'm bummed about the way he went out. Seems like John Hardin got outcoached the other night. Pearson was being defended with a box and one and JH has enough other good players to compensate for when he's the focus. They had chances to win in regulation, OT, and double OT, and seemed to make poor choices at every turn. Anyway, his potential remains sky high and I can't wait to get him on campus and working.

Thatch had 41 in a game last season but I'm not sure he hit that mark this year. I can't remember. I've been more impressed with his all-around game this season. His rebounding numbers have been great, he's always good for bunches of assists and steals, and he's knocking down a few shots a night from the perimeter. He doesn't seem the least bit worried about his point total. "Box and one? Fine, I'll just grab every rebound and lead the break in transition." Dude's a warrior.

Demarius Jacobs had 37 in a game last year at Uplift, but I can't find anything that shows a 40-point night there or at Hillcrest. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Not too worried, though, as he was playing alongside Kyree Walker and a bunch of other studs at Hillcrest, and Uplift was also a very good team.

8 minutes ago, slusam said:

Any updates appreciated 

Tight game now, Grandview is just throwing up threes. Thatch has been looking to score a bit more the last few possessions and made some free throws and a layup.