WELCOME HEAD COACH JOSH SCHERTZ!!

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

What's a PR nightmare? 

Did you get an email or just see the X post on the message board? 

I don't use X (Twitter) either but my understanding from that X post (in this thread) and the email, it gives me the 5Ws.  If you want to go send a RSVP to the email address given then go.

Who: Donors/Season Tix holders

What: BVF event with Coach Schertz

When: 16 April 5-6:30PM

Where: MAC West

Why: Coach will outline vision for SLU and NIL

RSVP to [email protected]

Seems Straightforward to me. 

It appears to me Billikenbooster and Young Charles have tried to RSVP and has received no confirmation back.  The X post makes it clear that it is a private event.  I assume they don't want to show up and be turned away.

Young Charles likes this

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It appears to me Billikenbooster and Young Charles have tried to RSVP and has received no confirmation back.  The X post makes it clear that it is a private event.  I assume they don't want to show up and be turned away.

Private in that you must be a season ticket holder or donor.

Yeah it'd be great to get an email back but if they got the initial email they are invited to the private event. 

Also the event was publicized on X to get more attendees seems like they'll be alright.

I don't think we can expect perfection from what's essentially a volunteer organization. The new website and this event are good steps.

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Private in that you must be a season ticket holder or donor.

Yeah it'd be great to get an email back but if they got the initial email they are invited to the private event. 

Also the event was publicized on X to get more attendees seems like they'll be alright.

I don't think we can expect perfection from what's essentially a volunteer organization. The new website and this event are good steps.

This is the problem. It should have dedicated employees, and it does not. They are winging it.

brianstl likes this

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

This is the problem. It should have dedicated employees, and it does not. They are winging it.

Yeah but they're improving. Baby steps, improvement doesn't go from ineffective to completely functional organization quickly.  Perhaps if they get enough donations they can hire a full time person but employees are expensive. What's the cheapest full time person they could hire?  $50k/year? Maybe. How good is someone making that much money?

5 minutes ago, Young Charles said:

A little disheartening as my father has been a season ticketholder for over 30 years and I have been going with him since I was a young one. 

Did you get BVF email? That's an invitation. If not the X post is an invitation to Donors/ticket Holders. So as I read it you can go just send RSVP email with headcount.

I wouldn't be disheartened, send your email and go.

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah but they're improving. Baby steps, improvement doesn't go from ineffective to completely functional organization quickly.  Perhaps if they get enough donations they can hire a full time person but employees are expensive. What's the cheapest full time person they could hire?  $50k/year? Maybe. How good is someone making that much money?

Did you get BVF email? That's an invitation. If not the X post is an invitation to Donors/ticket Holders. So as I read it you can go just send RSVP email with headcount.

I wouldn't be disheartened, send your email and go.

Are they improving? I see the same stuff from last year. The same cartoonish logo, the same uninspired half assed attempts at "fund raising". The lack of responsiveness, the lack of visibility. The only thing that's new is the website. 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Are they improving? I see the same stuff from last year. The same cartoonish logo, the same uninspired half assed attempts at "fund raising". The lack of responsiveness, the lack of visibility. The only thing that's new is the website. 

When you want people to give you money, at least have the decency to acknowledge you have received their RSVP to what you are billing as a private event.  That type of thing should be automatic.

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The website before had no info or method to donate.  Now it does that's improvement. 

The event last year had basically no notice.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

When you want people to give you money, at least have the decency to acknowledge you have received their RSVP to what you are billing as a private event.  That type of thing should be automatic.

Yeah they should have set up a system to receive RSVPs and count people.  I use Evite for parties. But they didn't. 

I went to the site. I donated. I got an email with the information to attend.

I would personally attend if I were in STL. Even without a confirmation email.

Progress is being made. The Coach is going to talk about NIL strategy something we've been clamoring for over a year. 

I've been very critical in the past but I don't want that criticism to anchor me to a position that I can't recognize improvement.  There's still more improvement that can be achieved but I don't expect it to be instantaneous.

13 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Do we know if this is a legit event - could it be a hack account?>

It's not. I got a text message from 2 board members with an invite.

16 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Do we know if this is a legit event - could it be a hack account?>

What is a horse shoe? What does a horse shoe do? Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me?

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

They don't have the event listed on the BVF website or any posts about on their Instagram account either.  So if you aren't on X and following their X account, you don't know this event is happening.  I guess that doesn't matter if they are not getting back to people about how to attend.

If BVF was a real business, it would have went bankrupt because of incompetency. 

It does look like they are getting ready to role out a tier membership program, finally, that gets you different stuff depending on the donation.  Hopefully when it goes live it will have a recurring donation option to encourage more people to join the different tiers by spreading out the payments.  That would ultimately raise a lot more money.  You can't get to it through the website yet, but you can see what it looks like now by clicking this direct link:

Looks like the difference between donating $250 and donating $500 is a car decal. I'd assume these perk lists aren't complete yet (I sure hope not). I would also assume the bigger donors don't care really about car decals etc but if you're going to ask the average Jose to cough up some money then perks matter. Of course the $500 level could come with more invitations to watch parties and events than the $250 level. 

brianstl likes this

7 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

It's been 18 months and they still can't get the small things right. 

I don't think they got anything wrong.   Not sure why there's a problem. Be a donor and or season ticket holder send RSVP, show up, done.

I'm looking forward to reports on Coach's NIL strategy.

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I don't think they got anything wrong.   Not sure why there's a problem. Be a donor and or season ticket holder send RSVP, show up, done.

I'm looking forward to reports on Coach's NIL strategy.

I've donated multiple times, 12 year season ticket holder, didn't get an email or any communication. Found out about it on here. 

21 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I've donated multiple times, 12 year season ticket holder, didn't get an email or any communication. Found out about it on here. 

Yeah you should've gotten an email. Maybe emails went out to donors at a certain level of funds?  Not sure.  Or oversight.

Need to get to a point in funding that a full time employee can be hired to alleviate the burden on those who are strictly volunteers with other demanding jobs.  Or outsource the admin stuff some how.

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah you should've gotten an email. Maybe emails went out to donors at a certain level of funds?  Not sure.  Or oversight.

Need to get to a point in funding that a full time employee can be hired to alleviate the burden on those who are strictly volunteers with other demanding jobs.  Or outsource the admin stuff some how.

I personally don't care that much. I couldn't have made it anyway. I just worry about more important people getting overlooked. 

If you are interested in the BVF, listen to Frank's interview yesterday with Troy.  He came out and stated that Caleb Love's agent called last year and said he wanted to come to SLU for $XYZ.  He was out of the budget.  But he would have been the Billiken's 2 Guard if the funds had been there.

He also said that there are only 4 people, the BVF Board, that knows exactly how much is in the BVF.  He also pointed out that any booster can go through the Billiken Exchange and pinpoint your money to a specific athlete.  The BVF isn't involved with that.  So the BVF isn't the whole NIL pot.

Billiken Loyalty Program was explained.  It is for Graduating Seniors that have been with the school for 2 years.  TJ Hargrove is getting a nice check from the Loyalty Program this year.  You can go to BVF and direct your funds to BVF Loyalty Program for TJ.

Segment 5 from 4/15.  https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

majerus mojo likes this