WELCOME HEAD COACH JOSH SCHERTZ!!

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

That is interesting because it sounded from at least one source that Nitu was going to stay loyal to Graves, because he was the lead recruiter. I am confident in Turnbull. 

The fact that they had Pikaar in for a visit makes me think that Nitu is less than certain

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That is interesting because it sounded from at least one source that Nitu was going to stay loyal to Graves, because he was the lead recruiter. I am confident in Turnbull. 

I may have misheard on the Nitu part. 

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The fact that they had Pikaar in for a visit makes me think that Nitu is less than certain

Or that the new staff is smart and working contingencies.

Also pressure from scarcity is a big driver for human decision making. If you think a spot will be open for you with no pressure to decide you can take your time. If you think it could be filled if you find decide you might decide quicker and it makes that position look more desirable.

56 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Schertz told him that his goal was to have a team of players 6’4”-6’10”.

Swope must be the exception to that, unless he’s grown 6” since the season ended.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Try 20K.  From what I've read, NIL doesn't operate on a continuum.  The stars and 4 star recruits make $100K and up.  Everybody else, especially at the mid-major level, gets peanuts.

I know 20 k doesn't sound like much to the star players but 20 k buys a lot of beer at Humphries. 

3 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

It's also $20,000 more than thousands of college basketball players made from 1900 through a few years ago

In 2005, My roommate got a $900 tax refund….. man oh mannnnnnn did that help our cause 

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

It's also $20,000 more than thousands of college basketball players made from 1900 through a few years ago

Don'r forget they are still getting a free education and room and board.  I think some just discount that and it should nor be.

cgeldmacher likes this

Anybody going to the MAC on 16th for BVF event with the coach? 

Donate to BVF, visually impaired Centers need glasses.

3 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Absolutely, dude needs to know he's in an underrated foodie city.

Should we start a separate thread where folks can throw our food ideas and then we can establish the definitive Billikens.com list to forward along to Coach! I know Rick would have put Adriana’s on the list for lunch!

You mentioned south city, what are your favorite spots there?

11 minutes ago, davidlee said:

The Piccadilly at Manhattan 

Love piccadilly :)

I always loved sportsman’s park for the basics. Tony’s was always good- I admittedly don’t live in the Lou anymore so I don’t know what is and is not still around. 

49 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Should we start a separate thread where folks can throw our food ideas and then we can establish the definitive Billikens.com list to forward along to Coach! I know Rick would have put Adriana’s on the list for lunch!

You mentioned south city, what are your favorite spots there?

Golden Hoosier is a great little place for cocktails and comfort food/snacks. The food at Civil Life Brewery never disappoints, as well. This is in the Grove, but Grace Meat + Three is such a classic.

TheChosenOne and gister like this

7 hours ago, brianstl said:

Quick note/thought on the NIL/recruiting situation. 

At present, I believe international players here on student visas are unable to be paid using NIL. At least in an above board manner.

Wonder if that will become a common way to round out rosters, and keep a supply of “free” labor available… several of these latest rumors involve international students, so wondering if that will be a way to funnel higher amounts to a smaller portion of the roster.

Also feel like this will be the hot new NCAA violation, but unlike with some of the older ones the courts will probably be on the side of the NCAA. 

2 hours ago, Zink said:

Quick note/thought on the NIL/recruiting situation. 

At present, I believe international players here on student visas are unable to be paid using NIL. At least in an above board manner.

Wonder if that will become a common way to round out rosters, and keep a supply of “free” labor available… several of these latest rumors involve international students, so wondering if that will be a way to funnel higher amounts to a smaller portion of the roster.

Also feel like this will be the hot new NCAA violation, but unlike with some of the older ones the courts will probably be on the side of the NCAA. 

International players not getting NIL is not an NCAA rule but probably a federal visa restriction.  If you come to the USA on a student visa you cannot work and getting paid NIL is getting paid.

Zink likes this

1 hour ago, mrjoelabs said:

I think not bringing back Corey Tate is going to hurt local recruiting. I was hoping he would be back since he was at the presser but it seems not to be.

Tate has been recruiting bench players for the last 4 years.