2024-25 Roster

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2024 Billikens: Update with Kalu Anya

Gibson Jimerson 6’5” Sr, 215, Guard Wing, 36 Min, 16 Pts, 2.9 RB, 3Pt% 36, FT% 86 Billikens-A10

Robbie Avila 6’10”240 Jr, Center, 31 Min, 17 Pts, 7 RB, 3Pt% 39m FT% 81 Indiana State– Missouri Valley

Isaiah Swope 5’10” 170, SR, Guard, 33 Min, 16 Pts, 3 RB, 3Pt% 36, FT% 74 Indiana State

Larry Hughes II 6’4” 185 Jr, Guard, 23 Min, 7 Pts, 2.7 RB, 3 Pt% 35, FT% 77 Billikens

Kellen Thames 6’5” 205, SO, Guard, 19 Min, 6 Pts, 3.7 RB, 3 Pt% 36, FT% 55 Billikens

Josiah Dotzler 6’3” 185, SO, Guard, 4Min, 1 Pts, 0 RB, 3Pt% 18, FT% 60, Creighton – Big East

A J Casey 6’9” 221, JR, Forward, 9 Min, 2 Pts, 2 RB, 3Pt% 0, FT% 59, Miami - ACC

Kalu Anya 6’8” 215, JR, Forward, 27 Min, 9.6 Pts, 7.4 RB, 3Pt% 27, FT% 51, Brown-Ivy League

Freshman:

Max Pikaar 6’11” 205, FR, Power Forward, Double/Double, 3Pt% 40, FT% ?  Netherlands - Sunrise Christian Acaademy (Kansas)

Amari McCottry 6’6” 180, FR, Guard Wing, 22 Pts, 9 RB, St. Thomas More, 247 3*

2 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

How many spots left?

Division one basketball = 13 scholarships, and we have 10 committed/signed. That assumes that our coach's son is not on scholarship and that Larry Hughes is on scholarship. 

NextYearBill likes this

26 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

Division one basketball = 13 scholarships, and we have 10 committed/signed. That assumes that our coach's son is not on scholarship and that Larry Hughes is on scholarship. 

My guess is one more transfer guard and two more freshman.

NextYearBill likes this

22 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Do we think the transfer guard is our 5th starter?

In a perfect world, sure. However, I think Anya and Swope, Avila, Jimerson are probably your four "starters" right now. I'd feel okay going into the season with McCottry, Thames, Hughes, and Dotzler competing for the fifth spot. Its a small sample size, but given Schertz's propensity to maximize skillsets, I could see one of Thames, Hughes, or Dotzler taking a bid step forward compared to last year.

ARon likes this

i havent seen it mentioned yet, but it is my understanding mya glanton  from Indiana State who went to East Louis High School will transfer to SLU.    i believe she has one remaining year of eligibility.  

48 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i havent seen it mentioned yet, but it is my understanding mya glanton  from Indiana State who went to East Louis High School will transfer to SLU.    i believe she has one remaining year of eligibility.  

The Sycamore’s message board may go ballistic, even though it would be to the women’s team rather than the men’s team.

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Swope is going to look tiny out there.  He is 5" smaller than any one else on the roster.

Roster is filling out just as CJS projected, tall and multiple options beyond certain starters Avila, Swope and Jimer. 

37 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

Seems to be working for us this year.  Watch out for next year and beyond though.

Success breeds success. If the Bills were to make it to the second week, I believe NIL $$’s will be there.

CenHudDude likes this

1 hour ago, CenHudDude said:

Seems to be working for us this year.  Watch out for next year and beyond though.

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Success breeds success. If the Bills were to make it to the second week, I believe NIL $$’s will be there.

We make it to the NCAA Tournament the money will be there, we make the second weekend. A lot more money will be there.