1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

So he's a lifelong criminal for basically doing what blue blood college basketball programs have done for decades but at a much smaller scale.  And he's a criminal to this day at 75 years old but he has a sweetheart deal with the Feds to keep him out jail.  Got it.

Blue blood college basketball coaches embezzle thousands of dollars from their schools and then retain their jobs?

They also run a fake mortgage scam for several years buying up a dozen properties to bilk out banks and investors. Also news to me.

I've never heard of a college basketball coach who was an informant for the FBI for several years.

There is no defending Floyd Irons. He is a criminal scumbag.  

AGB91 likes this

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Blue blood college basketball coaches embezzle thousands of dollars from their schools and then retain their jobs?

They also run a fake mortgage scam for several years buying up a dozen properties to bilk out banks and investors. Also news to me.

I've never heard of a college basketball coach who was an informant for the FBI for several years.

-I'm starting to think Floyd isn't on your Christmas card list

SLU_Lax likes this

54 minutes ago, thetorch said:

On the Coaches Scumbag Rating from 0 to Dave Bliss (10), I put him as an 8, based on the evidence presented.

JettFlight5 likes this

6 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I'm starting to think Floyd isn't on your Christmas card list

I actually know them. 

Just don't like the free passes certain people have gotten in the basketball community. Don't get me started on Pee Wee Lenard. 

2 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I actually know them. 

Just don't like the free passes certain people have gotten in the basketball community. Don't get me started on Pee Wee Lenard. 

Noooooooo.  Not my favorite undersized point guard from my childhood!!!!!

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/josh-schertz-keeping-his-decision-about-slu-close-to-the-vest/article_062bc7da-f0f5-11ee-8eb7-731d01bdc87c.html#tracking-source=home-sports

But if he’s leaving, Schertz hasn’t told his team yet, according to a source. And Schertz did nothing to provide hints at an NIT press conference ahead of tonight's meeting with Utah at 6 p.m.

A source in Indianapolis said Schertz has not informed players or staff members about whether he is leaving — “No indication at all” — and likely would not until after the last game. Media who cover the team have not received any indication from Schertz about his future.

Keshon Gilbert was already set to go to UNLV before going to Vashon.

Tony Irons doesn't despise SLU.  

The young men that play for Tony get a free college education.  Even role players off the bench.  Is that important?

Yeah,  and let's not talk about the unofficial recruiter for SLU...Pee Wee

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/josh-schertz-keeping-his-decision-about-slu-close-to-the-vest/article_062bc7da-f0f5-11ee-8eb7-731d01bdc87c.html#tracking-source=home-sports

But if he’s leaving, Schertz hasn’t told his team yet, according to a source. And Schertz did nothing to provide hints at an NIT press conference ahead of tonight's meeting with Utah at 6 p.m.

A source in Indianapolis said Schertz has not informed players or staff members about whether he is leaving — “No indication at all” — and likely would not until after the last game. Media who cover the team have not received any indication from Schertz about his future.

He is leaving.

The problem with Schertz leaving ISU being the best kept non secret out there is that the longer this goes on more behind he 8 ball ISU gets, his assistants and players who might want to leave and not come here.  Now all this assumes he is coming here.

26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That’s how it works, coaches don’t talk about it until the season is over.  Anybody that’s followed the dozens of other coaching changes sees this.  

Ford was fired for weeks and the local media was still promoting him.  It’s all done and will be acknowledged when the season is over.

4 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Mike Knoll's son was in my grade at CBC. Great guy (still is) and great basketball player. In fact, our varsity squad my junior and senior years were really good. Knoll, Jeremy Jones, Larry Jones, Tamar Maclin (played at MO St.), and Ryan Woods (Played football at Michigan State). Didn't have any issues getting past Pistol and TheChosenOne's David Lee-led Chaminade squad 😁 but Jimmy McKinney's Vashon squad was a different story. Bill Harris did everything he could to get D Lee to join our stacked squad at CBC but he decided to go to Chaminade instead. What a shame, he could've ended up having a great pro career....

Didn't he go to SLU? Heck of a shooter if I remember correctly. Anyways, those CBC teams were tough (as was De Smet when they had Keppel and Joe Ries) and Ryan Sapp was quite the player as well. David would have played with most of that crew growing up, but obviously someone with that pedigree isn't going to CBC hahaha (he came to Chaminade by way of John Burroughs). But, you are right, Vashon was the top dog back then with guys like Joel Shelton, Jimmy McKinney, etc.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

He is leaving.

The posters at sycamore pride.com finally realize that he is leaving, and none of them have anything good to say about SLU.  One went so far as to say that Schertz would have a hard time building a team this spring.  I understand the fans going crazy, but a lot of them don’t seem to realize that players seem to be able to transfer anytime they want without penalty and sell their services to the highest bidder.  I don’t think they understand what some of their current starters can earn on the open market.

brianstl likes this

Tree fans are hurt that a program of SLU's stature, promising but yet to fulfill that promise, can roll in and Big Time them.  That's a tough pill to swallow.  It's a wake up call on where ISU is in the landscape of college basketball.

Hence their non-stop whining that they'd understand a P5 move but not SLU.

Sorry not sorry.  If Schertz works here I expect him to be hired away with the team in 3 years by a P5 school. But I reside in reality.

Hire well Trees so we can Deebo your next coach too. 

7 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Tree fans are hurt that a program of SLU's stature, promising but yet to fulfill that promise, can roll in and Big Time them.  That's a tough pill to swallow.  It's a wake up call on where ISU is in the landscape of college basketball.

Sorry not sorry.  If Schertz works here I expect him to be hired away with the team in 3 years by a P5 school. But I reside in reality.

ISU really got screwed by the selection committee. Not only did they miss out on a $2 million dollar payday but I would expect Schertz contract would auto extend and increase his buyout. It stinks, but this is just good biz by SLU. Like hiring Schertz from D2 was good biz by ISU.

DeSmetBilliken and BLIKNS like this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Stu Durando really pushes my buttons.  Even his stupid April fools joke yesterday re: mizzou vs SLU made me dislike him more.  

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

ISU really got screwed by the selection committee. Not only did they miss out on a $2 million dollar payday but I would expect Schertz contract would auto extend and increase his buyout. It stinks, but this is just good biz by SLU. Like hiring Schertz from D2 was good biz by ISU.

Hate the player not the game.  

20 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

8lbki9.jpg

TheA_Bomb likes this

Someone was coming for their Schertz. It just happened to be a program closer in proximity than they had hoped. Just like this is really the first time we've been in any sort of competitive coaching carousel for hiring, this is legitimately the FIRST time a coach has been hired away from their program in any of these posters lifetimes and I'm not kidding you the last time it happened might have been John FUOKING Wooden. 

laker119 likes this

54 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

tree board is in shambles. They aren't happy with us. Come on Utes. 

Last time I checked their board a lot of their posters were telling themselves that not only was Schertz staying but that all 5 starters were too, and that they'd give ISU a "home team discount" to stay 😬