Wich St over The Bills by 2

The Wiz

General Outlook.... A key component  of the WWN2D2W  going forward will be the golden slash...48/51/40/ 72...with the emphasis on the 2P%. Not only on the VT game  but on the games we won but missed the spread, the issue was  2P shooting...many of these shots were layups and bunnies.

Game Preview....As you can see by the spread this is going to be a close game WSU comes in as a B team...The Bills at B-....If we make the golden slash we win. Won't be easy as they have a couple of 6'10" guys.  We have the advantage in 3 P shooting ...they have it in Reb. 

Report Card.... 

Let's see what things look like....

...................SLU......................WSU........................SLU.............................WSU

.................................OFF..........................................................DEF.............

PPG...............B.........................B-.............................C..................................C

FG%...............C+......................B-.............................B-...................................A-

3P%...............A+...12th ITN.....C.............................B-....................................B

FT%...............C........................C.......................................................................

Reb...............D+........................A.............................F+....................................C-

OFF Rebs  = total rebs...DEF Rebs = opp reb

UP...............Off....3P%..........Def.....Rebs

Down.........Off......FG%...FT%...Reb.......Def....FG%.....Reb

Top 100 In The Nation

SLU

TOs/Gm....50th  ITN

WSU

None

Injury /Illness report and misc

The Bills....

Parker ....Nov 17....Foot...fractured  foot...out indefinitely

WSU...

Cortes...Nov 6...out for season...eligibility issues

Keys to the game.... Golden slash(see below)...beat them in scoring in the 4th qtr...Make some FTs...could be a difference maker.

WWN2D2W...48/51/40/72....Hold their top 3 scorers to 35 pts...Keep them to 70 pts....Our rebs + stls= WSU rebs...beat them on TOs by 3

Bottom line....If we make the  slash...we can Shock the Shockers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a 2 point game, I think its a double digit loss. They have a group of forwards that are all taller and some much taller than TJ. I haven't seen much that shows TJ can score or defend the post against decent larger post players. The loss of Parker means we need young guards to made big contributions. That generally means more mistakes and turnovers. I  foresee a rough game. I would love to eat crow on this.

35 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a 2 point game, I think its a double digit loss. They have a group of forwards that are all taller and some much taller than TJ. I haven't seen much that shows TJ can score or defend the post against decent larger post players. The loss of Parker means we need young guards to made big contributions. That generally means more mistakes and turnovers. I  foresee a rough game. I would love to eat crow on this.

Unfortunately, sounds right. Parker was the only shot creator on the team. Without him, the season outlook is very poor unless someone like Hughes or Zhang makes a major step up. Without that, it’s pretty much, “Wait ‘til next year!”

Parker was a nice player but lets be honest he was not the kingpin on the team.  If people are going use the 6 weeks or so loss of Parker for the team and Ford to fold their tents and give them all a pass then that is the most idiotic attitude I have ever seen.  Injuries happen all the time and good coaches find away to work around it.  We aren't talking about 3 key players lost.  Do I have faith that Ford will figure it out - history says who knows.

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Bottom line....If we make the  slash...we can Shock the Shockers.

16 minutes ago, wgstl said:

So pathetic we have to look forward to shocking a team ranked 117th

So we are playing Chaifetz' pickleball team,the Shock, today?  How is that going to work?

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Parker was a nice player but lets be honest he was not the kingpin on the team.  If people are going use the 6 weeks or so loss of Parker for the team and Ford to fold their tents and give them all a pass then that is the most idiotic attitude I have ever seen.  Injuries happen all the time and good coaches find away to work around it.  We aren't talking about 3 key players lost.  Do I have faith that Ford will figure it out - history says who knows.

Ford is working with just a 10 player squad (not counting walk-ons) now.  He is down 2 starters (Parker, Ezewiro) and a player expected to be in the rotation (Magassa).  And now players expected to be the last guys on the bench (Curcic, van Bussel) could be forced to play meaningful minutes.  Ford will have to be one heck of a coach to go better than 15 wins this year IMO.

Let's talk about Team Rankings point of view about this game for a while. They  have WS at 104 ranking, and SLU at 133. Team rankings is giving a 4 pt spread, favoring WS with two stars of confidence as of this morning. They also provide a comparison of the stats for both teams. SLU is ahead in 5 out of the 8 offensive stats provided, However WS is ahead in 6 out of the 7 defense stats provided. Considering that the offensive stats for SLU include the contribution of Paker in prior games, and that he is out of play for now I would doubt that our offensive stats for this coming game will remain the same. I would say it is going to be a very tough game for SLU.

19 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Ford is working with just a 10 player squad (not counting walk-ons) now.  He is down 2 starters (Parker, Ezewiro) and a player expected to be in the rotation (Magassa).  And now players expected to be the last guys on the bench (Curcic, van Bussel) could be forced to play meaningful minutes.  Ford will have to be one heck of a coach to go better than 15 wins this year IMO.

So if Ford overcomes the obstacles he's created for himself and wins 15 games vs the weakest schedule in memory, he's a "heck of a coach"?

OK, that's 1 way to look at it. 

TRN, brianstl and JMM28 like this

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

So if Ford overcomes the obstacles he's created for himself and wins 15 games vs the weakest schedule in memory, he's a "heck of a coach"?

OK, that's 1 way to look at it. 

Yep, you are right .... that's how I see it.  And I would like to know how Ford "created" Parker's injury.  Hmm.

9 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Yep, you are right .... that's how I see it.  And I would like to know how Ford "created" Parker's injury.  Hmm.

Ford had to scramble to fill out a roster. That led to a bunch of question marks on eligibility and lack of depth. 1 player (a key player) got injured as is known to happen at some point in a 30 game season.  Now we're even more lacking.

That is how Ford created this situation. 

Year 8.

Excuses.  And while we're at it let's dig up another excuse.  The City of St. Louis Covid policies didn't allow the team to practice.  OK, how about get on a bus and get out of the city and practice somewhere else?  Seems like a better solution than not practicing at all. Lack of problem solving and vision.

Soderball likes this

5 hours ago, Aquinas said:

I hear crow stew is good.

4 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Parker was the best player on the team. Period. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

I am with you but I did rewatch the last couple of minutes with him in. Man was he bad on defense. 

We just need to live with that for now.  This isn’t an at large tournament team.  Get the kids minutes to improve and see exactly what we got in them.  Then they might be ready to contribute in a big way come conference tournament time or next season.

BLIKNS likes this

59 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Offensively, defensively, shooting, rebounding. By far the best player in every metric.

Offensively and rebounding, yep.  Shooting and defensively, nah.  Our best shooter from 3 and the free throw line is Jimerson. Parker is average defensively.  Hughes, Thames and Dalger are all better.

But it's extremely difficult to lose your most talented offensive player and just shrug it off.  Especially at the mid-major level.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Excuses.  And while we're at it let's dig up another excuse.  The City of St. Louis Covid policies didn't allow the team to practice.  OK, how about get on a bus and get out of the city and practice somewhere else?  Seems like a better solution than not practicing at all. Lack of problem solving and vision.

This right here.

Honestly, I do not think it is only lack of vision. I think that at least a part of the problem is that the powers that be appear satisfied with the way things are. This is what an administration based upon consensus does. No one wants to do anything different because they do not want to take criticism for trying something that may not work as they hoped it would. Some kind of living by the motto: "do nothing else unless it is absolutely necessary." You could call this the power of the status quo.

22 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Offensively and rebounding, yep.  Shooting and defensively, nah.  Our best shooter from 3 and the free throw line is Jimerson. Parker is average defensively.  Hughes, Thames and Dalger are all better.

But it's extremely difficult to lose your most talented offensive player and just shrug it off.  Especially at the mid-major level.

I agree but the problem is Ford let himself get in this kind of fix.  Look at the football coach at NW.  He was dealt a terrible hand when given the interim tag but he figured out how to make that team Bowl eligible somehow.  Now he just got the job full time.  I am tired of Ford always having some problem happen and he never seems to know what to do to get around it.  This is what you pay a coach for not to just get results whenever things are perfect.