Wich St over The Bills by 2

The Wiz

33 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I agree but the problem is Ford let himself get in this kind of fix.  Look at the football coach at NW.  He was dealt a terrible hand when given the interim tag but he figured out how to make that team Bowl eligible somehow.  Now he just got the job full time.  I am tired of Ford always having some problem happen and he never seems to know what to do to get around it.  This is what you pay a coach for not to just get results whenever things are perfect.  

Ford has zero ability to coach players up or develop good x's and O's. His whole point is recruiting and now his recruiting sucks. He's not good.

2010andBeyond likes this

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I agree but the problem is Ford let himself get in this kind of fix.  Look at the football coach at NW.  He was dealt a terrible hand when given the interim tag but he figured out how to make that team Bowl eligible somehow.  Now he just got the job full time.  I am tired of Ford always having some problem happen and he never seems to know what to do to get around it.  This is what you pay a coach for not to just get results whenever things are perfect.  

Basketball ain't football.  Even the top basketball coaches can have a season go south in a hurry when their best scorer goes down.

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Basketball ain't football.  Even the top basketball coaches can have a season go south in a hurry when their best scorer goes down.

Always excuses with this guy. Ford era .. excuses excuses excuses.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Coaching is coaching.  Good football coaches find a way to win and good baseball managers find a way to win and good basketball coaches find a way to win.

2 hours ago, Soderball said:

Always excuses with this guy. Ford era .. excuses excuses excuses.

Coach Ford has experienced more misfortune than any Billiken coach I've ever seen.  Nothing like Situation 2, this rash of injuries to key players or the COVID layoff happened at any of his previous stops. 

If his teams were as healthy as the ones he had at UMass, I think we would be smiling right now.  Instead it's a nonstop fire drill.

10 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Coach Ford has experienced more misfortune than any Billiken coach I've ever seen.  Nothing like Situation 2, this rash of injuries to key players or the COVID layoff happened at any of his previous stops. 

If his teams were as healthy as the ones he had at UMass, I think we would be smiling right now.  Instead it's a nonstop fire drill.

He's also been able to keep players for 6 years which no previous coach has been able to do. He's just not good enough. 20 years, 1 NCAA tourney win. Got an excuse for that?

4 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I've got 2.5 million annual reasons not to feel sorry for him.  Great job/salary if you can get it.

Yeah most impressive decision Ford's made is hiring his agent. He must've just ate May's lunch. 

TheChosenOne likes this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

I fault Ford for Sit 2 the way I fault Majerus for S1. They recruited the dudes to the program. You have every eye on you at the school, you gotta understand that and act accordingly. Everyone knows that Ford can absolutely be held partially responsible for the COVID layoff, if you don't know why you haven't been paying attention. The streets weren't just talking, they were screaming. 

Bizziken likes this

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I fault Ford for Sit 2 the way I fault Majerus for S1. They recruited the dudes to the program. You have every eye on you at the school, you gotta understand that and act accordingly. Everyone knows that Ford can absolutely be held partially responsible for the COVID layoff, if you don't know why you haven't been paying attention. The streets weren't just talking, they were screaming. 

I am an avid listener. What did Ford have to do with Covid besides getting it?

Didn't they also allow the players to go home for break/ holiday?  Not egregious but it was his decision and it affected the team. 

What I'm pointing out to those that blame the city's strict Covid rules for the team not practicing is simply, go practice outside the city.  Take a bus to Wash MO and practice.  To not practice is inexcusable. Even if it was only going to be 3 on 3 because everyone was sick

5 minutes ago, willie said:

When you become a father I will let you be critical for that unless Travis organized the party. 

Yeah it was at his house. 

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Wasn’t it during the shutdown?

I believe it was just before the shutdown, IIRC.

10 minutes ago, willie said:

When you become a father I will let you be critical for that unless Travis organized the party. 

Parents usually throw birthday parties for their kids. If players or staff were in attendance it was a gross breach of covid protocols.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

I believe it was just before the shutdown, IIRC.

Parents usually throw birthday parties for their kids. If players or staff were in attendance it was a gross breach of covid protocols.

It was right after the shutdown