SLU v. Lincoln GDT

SluSignGuy

SLU Men's Basketball Game Notes & Information
Game No. 2 Saint Louis (1-0) vs. Lincoln (0-0)
Date // Time Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2023 // 7 p.m.
Location St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
Tickets Purchase Now
Radio KMOX 1120 AM (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
TV Bally Sports Midwest (Scott Warmann, Scott Highmark)
Stream ESPN+ | Bally Sports app and BallySports.com
Live Stats StatBroadcast
Series History First Meeting
Game Notes Saint Louis | Lincoln

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things I’d like to see tonight:

1. Make layups - Dalger missed 4 from pt. blank range, Parker missed an uncontested one, and those are just the ones I can remember.

2. TJ to make his jump hook. Had two opportunities but couldn’t get them down. (This isn’t criticism of TJ, he was the best player on the floor.)

3. Make FTs - With all the shooters on this team, we’ve got to hit 75% or better from the stripe night in and night out.

4. GibJim and Parker to get on track from three. Got to average at least 35% from the arc from those two.

5. Van Bussel to get 8-10 mins., including mop up mins. to see what he can do.

Roll Bills!!

cgeldmacher likes this

36 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:
SLU Men's Basketball Game Notes & Information
Game No. 2 Saint Louis (1-0) vs. Lincoln (0-0)
Date // Time Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2023 // 7 p.m.
Location St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
Tickets Purchase Now
Radio KMOX 1120 AM (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
TV Bally Sports Midwest (Scott Warmann, Scott Highmark)
Stream ESPN+ | Bally Sports app and BallySports.com
Live Stats StatBroadcast
Series History First Meeting
Game Notes Saint Louis | Lincoln

This is now an outdoor game, going to be 70° at tip, should be a beautiful night for a game...

Screenshot_20231108-0922012.thumb.png.f587370419bd87e217146e0684fbbafc.png

Just checked out the Blue Tigers roster. They’ve got a little size and ex-Syracuse star and NBA player Leo Rautins’ son is on their squad.

29 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

This is now an outdoor game, going to be 70° at tip, should be a beautiful night for a game...

I know this is a joke/mistake, but in all serious SLU should 100% organize one of those pre-season charity exhibition games versus Mizzou to be played under the Arch.

The A.B. Green courts are still there, I believe. I don't know if the pickup games are quite what they used to be, though, ever since the old school building was replaced with a newer apartment building and the big wall went up between the park/apartment complex and the highway. The pickup games there used to be legit.

46 minutes ago, dlarry said:

The ideal spot would be “the 40” courts off Highway 40 near Hanley. 

They put up a wall so I’m not sure they are still there.

Those bad boys are always locked up. 

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The A.B. Green courts are still there, I believe. I don't know if the pickup games are quite what they used to be, though, ever since the old school building was replaced with a newer apartment building and the big wall went up between the park/apartment complex and the highway. The pickup games there used to be legit.

I would drive by on a summer night and there would be what looked like hundreds of  people surrounding those courts. 

20 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Those bad boys are always locked up. 

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I would drive by on a summer night and there would be what looked like hundreds of  people surrounding those courts. 

They got gentrified. Shame.

2 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I know the mistake is funny, it definitely is, but this is another indication of why there probably needs to be a house cleaning done in the Athletic Dept.  Far too many people in that department that don't care enough to make sure they do their job correctly.

SLU_Lax and TheA_Bomb like this

24 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I know the mistake is funny, it definitely is, but this is another indication of why there probably needs to be a house cleaning done in the Athletic Dept.  Far too many people in that department that don't care enough to make sure they do their job correctly.

I think their job is pretty hard. Take this week . Soccer on Sunday-Basketball on Monday-Wednesday -Thursday and Saturday. Soccer again on Friday and I have no idea on the other sports. I wouldn't guess the staff working the games can't get out of there before 10 or 11. My guess is that for the most part they are not overpaid. It's pretty easy to be critical of other peoples mistakes but to say they don't care is presumptious. 

MariaReynolds and almaman like this

This may come off as slightly more negative than I intend, but administratively I feel the AD has always made more than its fair share of mistakes and I think that is more about leadership and oversight at this point.  I think of odd examples like when the fire alarm went off during a game at Chaifetz and there did not seem to be a standard process on what to do. 

I also think of things that are just mysteries like our game tonight originally being an 8 PM game (and not sure why).  It is wonderful it was rescheduled, but there was effort spent correcting that error (assuming 8 PM was an error in judgment or typing in start times or something other than a logical choice).  I always liked the expression that if you do not have time to do something right in the first place, when are you going to find time to do it again.

Just now, SLU_Lax said:

This may come off as slightly more negative than I intend, but administratively I feel the AD has always made more than its fair share of mistakes and I think that is more about leadership and oversight at this point.  I think of odd examples like when the fire alarm went off during a game at Chaifetz and there did not seem to be a standard process on what to do. 

I also think of things that are just mysteries like our game tonight originally being an 8 PM game (and not sure why).  It is wonderful it was rescheduled, but there was effort spent correcting that error (assuming 8 PM was an error in judgment or typing in start times or something other than a logical choice).  I always liked the expression that if you do not have time to do something right in the first place, when are you going to find time to do it again.

isnt chaifetz leased to a third party that is completely in charge of the management of the arena?   even slu has to schedule events/games/matches with the 3rd party was my understanding.   i dont pretend to know the contractual obligations of the lessee and the lessors but that a fired evacuation would seem to fall to the building manager not the owner.  

54 minutes ago, willie said:

I think their job is pretty hard. Take this week . Soccer on Sunday-Basketball on Monday-Wednesday -Thursday and Saturday. Soccer again on Friday and I have no idea on the other sports. I wouldn't guess the staff working the games can't get out of there before 10 or 11. My guess is that for the most part they are not overpaid. It's pretty easy to be critical of other peoples mistakes but to say they don't care is presumptious. 

It does go to another point though, look at other AD staffs of schools we want to be (Creighton, Xavier, Marquette) and you will find they have more staff members to share the workload better.

billikenfan05 likes this

6 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

It does go to another point though, look at other AD staffs of schools we want to be (Creighton, Xavier, Marquette) and you will find they have more staff members to share the workload better.

Assuming you are right they also have a lot more revenue. I know what comes first the chicken or the egg. 

16 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

The game was scheduled to be played at 8:00 pm, as they were expecting to host a Men's Soccer A10 Conference Semi-Final game at 7:00 pm. The lost to UMass put an

end to that, so the basketball game was brought forward .

SLU_Lax likes this

1 hour ago, willie said:

They are so understaffed it’s not even funny. Once again this reflects directly on leadership. The general situation I understand from messages and conversations going back a decade is that the department is understaffed,  overworked and micromanaged. It’s wash, rinse and repeat. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this fall has been a constant comedy of oversight errors with the OFCC opening. And it’s not even the errors, it’s the total lack of any MBB social media content. It appears they put everything but the OFCC on autopilot. 

JMM28 likes this

31 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

They were hoping for a 6 pm men's soccer game.