Mizzou is leaving SLU and everyone in the local area behind

Brighton

well isnt this a big surprise.   brighton is a mi$$ouri fan not a billiken fan.  who'd have thought.

3 hours ago, Brighton said:

not just in hoops, but in D1 football. Funny how an actual NIL package can work to one’s advantage, but hey, at least we get to see 20 win seasons with nothing to back them up !

After 70+ years of SLU not having a team Mizzou is still in the process of leaving them behind in D1 football? That's pathetic.

22 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Hey look, a coherent post from an actual Billiken fan about something UM-C is doing for football that SLU should absolutely work to get done across all sports.

27 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I dont think it is but a lot of people think this is in response to a tweet that got popular that claimed mizzou's gameday exp was like 5th highest $$ in the country. 

20 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Hey look, a coherent post from an actual Billiken fan about something UM-C is doing for football that SLU should absolutely work to get done across all sports.

I think this is something all sports should be doing. Make gameday experiences more affordable so families can actually go watch games in person without having to drop half their life savings.

BLIKNS and drkelsey55 like this

3 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I think this is something all sports should be doing. Make gameday experiences more affordable so families can actually go watch games in person without having to drop half their life savings.

I’ve read articles stating fan friendly pricing actually increases revenue. 
So your fan base is happy and you make more money.

Seems like an easy choice. 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

I’ve read articles stating fan friendly pricing actually increases revenue. 
So your fan base is happy and you make more money.

Seems like an easy choice. 

I was amazed when I went to the SEC Championship game and ordered a Chick-fil-A sandwich and a water and it was under $10. I think they kind of went with the Masters model. Makes a lot of sense as you said.

I had a friend say that they aren’t renewing season tickets because unbeknownst to them their tickets now require a donation in addition to the ticket price. Anyone else have this happen?

As long as we've been at Chaifetz I've always had to make a mandatory Billiken Club donation.   I think the amount is based on the total bill for your seats.   

Obviously it's not enough to maintain my club standing as every year I fall further down the rankings 

But until the school fires stormy, krafty and pesty I will never VOLUNTARILY donate to SLU ever again.  

JMM28 and BilliesBy40 like this

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I was amazed when I went to the SEC Championship game and ordered a Chick-fil-A sandwich and a water and it was under $10. I think they kind of went with the Masters model. Makes a lot of sense as you said.

I had a friend say that they aren’t renewing season tickets because unbeknownst to them their tickets now require a donation in addition to the ticket price. Anyone else have this happen?

Well unless they just didn't know they were paying it the seats that require a donation have been designated such since the building opened.    My seats do not but I chose them because of what was available were not as good - made no sense to me why they were not a part of those but I still make the donation as if they were ones requiring it.  My point is if they were going around designating new seats I would have thought mine would have been done a long time ago.  Something is not kosher with what you are being told is my guess.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

As long as we've been at Chaifetz I've always had to make a mandatory Billiken Club donation.   I think the amount is based on the total bill for your seats.   

Obviously it's not enough to maintain my club standing as every year I fall further down the rankings 

But until the school fires stormy, krafty and pesty I will never VOLUNTARILY donate to SLU ever again.  

I have experienced the same thing - I am not sure how that is  happening unless people behind us are raising their donations fairly significantly would be the only explanation I can come up with.

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Well unless they just didn't know they were paying it the seats that require a donation have been designated such since the building opened.    My seats do not but I chose them because of what was available were not as good - made no sense to me why they were not a part of those but I still make the donation as if they were ones requiring it.  My point is if they were going around designating new seats I would have thought mine would have been done a long time ago.  Something is not kosher with what you are being told is my guess.

Ok. I will get more details for you. I would have no reason to doubt what he was telling me, but since you are so skeptical I will dig for the details you need.

3 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Ok. I will get more details for you. I would have no reason to doubt what he was telling me, but since you are so skeptical I will dig for the details you need.

I am not saying you heard anything wrong just that maybe they didn't tell you the whole story.  It just seems odd that SLU would start designating seats for next year as donation required  all of a sudden.

7 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I think if you buy season tickets as a young alumni you don't have to give the donation but that only lasts a certain amount of years, then you have to start with the donations.  I have had nearly the cheapest seats in the house for as long as Chaifetz has been open and I always have to pay a donation on top of my season tickets.

The board always has questions about tickets on here.  You know someone in that office reads the board.  Always wondered why someone didn't have an account here and respond to questions.

22 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I think if you buy season tickets as a young alumni you don't have to give the donation but that only lasts a certain amount of years, then you have to start with the donations.  I have had nearly the cheapest seats in the house for as long as Chaifetz has been open and I always have to pay a donation on top of my season tickets.

The board always has questions about tickets on here.  You know someone in that office reads the board.  Always wondered why someone didn't have an account here and respond to questions.

-as I see it SLU Athletics operates on a need to know basis and on many issues their behavior shows that we the fans don't need to know 

6 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-as I see it SLU Athletics operates on a need to know basis and on many issues their behavior shows that we the fans don't need to know 

I agree with this. Too often they act as if we don't need to worry about their decision-making process for some absolutely huge things. I know some folks can be armchair and all that, but have some faith in your fans and boosters, for God's sake. 

11 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I agree with this. Too often they act as if we don't need to worry about their decision-making process for some absolutely huge things. I know some folks can be armchair and all that, but have some faith in your fans and boosters, for God's sake. 

In a Patriarchal system - virtually all things Catholic are - it is hard for that system to understand that they have a client base and need to attend to it.  Basically SLU still operates in this closed system as stated by others.  Don't expect anything to change until the entire school org is over hauled.

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

In a Patriarchal system - virtually all things Catholic are - it is hard for that system to understand that they have a client base and need to attend to it.  Basically SLU still operates in this closed system as stated by others.  Don't expect anything to change until the entire school org is over hauled.

Yeah you're...not wrong. I was blowing smoke mostly. My workplace often omits my team when important things happen, so I'm just frustrated with being in the dark right now. 

Every announcement the AD Dept. made and every discussion started would be followed by days and weeks of posts by this board dissecting and criticizing the decision no matter how logical.  No organization puts that information out there in such a fashion for this exact reason.  Go to any town hall meeting by any local government on any topic if you need an example.

My point - we don't need to know about every decision made.

HoosierPal likes this