2023-2024 Season

Aquinas

39 minutes ago, slu72 said:

He’s on the roster. Do redshirts get listed? I guess I should know the answer, but I don’t. 

Yes. On our end, heard coach say that Sotirov is redshirting this year but he’s listed on the roster. 

HoosierPal likes this

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, WVBilliken said:

Yes on the roster and like the kid SLU redshirted last year, on the sideline dressed for games .... just doesn't play.

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/redshirting-redshirt-rules-explained/

He could play just doesn't. Lets say they have a bunch of injuries ,they could change their minds and play him thus killing the red shirt. 

billiken_roy likes this

19 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Good one. You seem fragile if ya need to make yourself feel better by criticizing Vice instead of recognizing what it means for our coach/program. I don't care about him at all he didn't go to SLU. What I care about is why that happened. 

Again, I was hardly criticizing Vice, just defending SLU fans who shouldn't have to apologize for poking a little fun at him. Why would we want him to do well at his next stop? Just to make Ford look bad? You almost seem disappointed that Vice is redshirting and not making an impact as a freshman.

Kids backing out of commitments is very common these days. It should not be considered a knock on our "coach/program" in this instance. Why did it happen? Seems pretty simple. An assistant left for another job - again VERY commonplace. On the flip side, our own Mike Meadows changed his mind two different times before committing to SLU - from Loyola Marymount to Cal (where he was even on their campus on working out this past summer) to SLU all in one recruiting cycle.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Again, I was hardly criticizing Vice, just defending SLU fans who shouldn't have to apologize for poking a little fun at him. Why would we want him to do well at his next stop? Just to make Ford look bad? You almost seem disappointed that Vice is redshirting and not making an impact as a freshman.

Kids backing out of commitments is very common these days. It should not be considered a knock on our "coach/program" in this instance. Why did it happen? Seems pretty simple. An assistant left for another job - again VERY commonplace. On the flip side, our own Mike Meadows changed his mind two different times before committing to SLU - from Loyola Marymount to Cal (where he was even on their campus on working out this past summer) to SLU all in one recruiting cycle.

I agree there is no reason for Billiken fans to root for players that spurned our program. But I don't get the schadenfreude with watching those players fail elsewhere (special exceptions like Gordon, I do understand).

I really didn't care for Jayson Tatum getting animosity for going to Duke. He did the best thing for his career. He would not have improved playing 1 year for Jim Crews. His competition in practice at Duke was the best it could be anywhere. Playing Gillman and Knollmeyer in practice, or whoever was 2nd string back them would have held him back.

Jayson was at almost every game his dad played in at home. He's a true blue Billiken fan even if he didn't attend here.

The other guys don't matter to me whether they do well or not.

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Connor Turnbull had six blocks last night in Butler's win.

He's averaging 7.3 PPG, 3.3 RPG, and 3.3 BPG in the first 3 games. Had a nice breakaway dunk highlight last night, too.

4 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Lassina Traore had 17 points and 11 rebounds for Long Beach State against DePaul the other night.

Traore has been a really nice player at LBS. 

DePaul might be historically bad this season.  They have lost their first two buy games to Purdue FW and LBS.  If they don't beat South Dakota tonight, they might not have a chance to pick up their first win until they play Chicago St on Dec 30.

47 minutes ago, ACE said:

Nah you're just being a tool. As per usual reality escapes you.  I don't care about Vice. I care about SLU.  It looks worse that he decided to ride the pine in lieu of playing at SLU for Ford. That says something to those smart enough to see the signs. 

33 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Nah you're just being a tool. As per usual reality escapes you.  I don't care about Vice. I care about SLU.  It looks worse that he decided to ride the pine in lieu of playing at SLU for Ford. That says something to those smart enough to see the signs. 

So he went to Creighton knowing he would "ride the pine"? You know this how?

As long as we're piling on with "what could have been" big men -

Andrew Carr (who transferred from Delaware to Wake Forest after flirtation with SLU) had 24 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 blocks in Wake's opener over Elon and then 18 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks in Wake's loss to Georgia on Friday.

Carr woulda been a difference maker last year.

On the other end of the spectrum there is Luke Kasubke - started at a P6 program, transferred down to MVC, and had more fouls (4), turnovers (3) than he did points (2) on 0-4 shooting against us on Saturday. There were some folks on this board who were advocating we recruit him.

1 hour ago, Matty Light said:

I agree there is no reason for Billiken fans to root for players that spurned our program. But I don't get the schadenfreude with watching those players fail elsewhere (special exceptions like Gordon, I do understand).

I really didn't care for Jayson Tatum getting animosity for going to Duke. He did the best thing for his career. He would not have improved playing 1 year for Jim Crews. His competition in practice at Duke was the best it could be anywhere. Playing Gillman and Knollmeyer in practice, or whoever was 2nd string back them would have held him back.

Jayson was at almost every game his dad played in at home. He's a true blue Billiken fan even if he didn't attend here.

The other guys don't matter to me whether they do well or not.

I don’t follow kids who spurn us in the recruiting process. But when they commit and then renege that riles me somewhat. Vice dumped us at a bad time as we needed bigs. And bigs don’t grow on trees, so his reneging really irked me. Now, was he redshirted because of an injury or because he needs more work?