GDT: VCU; Which animal has the most memory?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Its still amazing to me some people think you cant actively cheer for SLU and still want a coaching change. 

I don't think that but I can certainly get sick of incessant "It's not Ford's fault" style posts.  I get it.  Most of the MBM's and the four straight up trolls on this board want Travis gone.  How many sarcastic and (not calling you out specifically) hateful posts will it take to make that happen?  Billions.  Good luck making that happen..... 

On 3/1/2023 at 9:54 AM, NoCoBillsFan said:

I think the offense looks so ugly at times because this team is at it’s best when it’s on the break. Yuri is great at finding guys ins transition. Yet we’re rarely on the break b/c we can’t force any turnovers or we’re forced to slow down in transition late in the second half because the team (mostly Yuri) is gassed.

This team averages 75.6 points per game which is 2nd out of the 15 teams in the A-10.  We probably had the hardest schedule among A-10 teams.  My point is that the offense hasn't been the problem this year.  There is plenty of room for criticism, but I think it is misguided to believe that our offense has been the downfall this year.

DOC, SLU_Lax and David King like this

15 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

This team averages 75.6 points per game which is 2nd out of the 15 teams in the A-10.  We probably had the hardest schedule amount A-10 teams.  My point is that the offense hasn't been the problem this year.  There is plenty of room for criticism, but I think it is misguided to believe that our offense has been the downfall this year.

Ya I keep going back and fourth on this.  Going into this year it felt like our offense was going to be elite, and defense average. Offense ended up being average and defense ended up being below average.  I think both can be blamed because both weren't as good as they were supposed to be. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Ya I keep going back and fourth on this.  Going into this year it felt like our offense was going to be elite, and defense average. Offense ended up being average and defense ended up being below average.  I think both can be blamed because both weren't as good as they were supposed to be. 

Our offense is above average.  The defense let us down.   There was bad help defense,  there was a lot of bad fouls due to bad decisions,  and bad perimeter defense (though I need to examine the #s to validate this part).

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

This team averages 75.6 points per game which is 2nd out of the 15 teams in the A-10.  We probably had the hardest schedule amount A-10 teams.  My point is that the offense hasn't been the problem this year.  There is plenty of room for criticism, but I think it is misguided to believe that our offense has been the downfall this year.

Oh yeah fully recognize that defense is the problem, but I also think that not being able to create turnovers limits the offense’s capabilities. Additionally, when Ford runs out the same lineup for the entire second half, guys are gassed in the final minutes of the game and unable to run in transition OR play defense.

6 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Our offense is above average.  The defense let us down.   There was bad help defense,  there was a lot of bad fouls due to bad decisions,  and bad perimeter defense (though I need to examine the #s to validate this part).

in no way am I bailing out the defense, but our offense also wasn't as good as it should have been.  Like the defense, the offense lost us some games too. 

Just now, Box and Won said:

We've reached the point where we have people longing for Soderberg.  That's not good.

The only reason I brought Sodie up originally was to point out that Ford is worse than he was and he was not a good hire.  Unfortunately some are not afraid to  show their low expectations.

We should be looking for better than both Ford and Soderberg. They’re not the only two options.  We pay Ford more than any other A10 coach.  With what we can pay a coach, and the facilities we have, there are plenty of really good coaches that would jump at the opportunity to coach here. 

Schasz and cheeseman like this

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

The only reason I brought Sodie up originally was to point out that Ford is worse than he was and he was not a good hire.  Unfortunately some are not afraid to  show their low expectations.

Soderberg did about the same as Ford with a lot less talent.

If we could some how combine the two of them it would make a decent coach but I don’t want either one if it’s a solo job.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Soderberg did about the same as Ford with a lot less talent.

If we could some how combine the two of them it would make a decent coach but I don’t want either one if it’s a solo job.

Well reality does not let that happen.  

-I guess I should have seen the omen that was the VCU table giving us only 20 seconds on our first possession leading to a shotclock violation, refs do clock corrections a lot but the 3 of them didn't catch that?

-I wonder if next season with his seat warm, or perhaps hot, what will Travis' sideline behavior be? how will the hook be employed?

-TJ, how can Shriver, of all people, block your shot? 

-TJ, how can Kern drive right past you? how can our defense be so bad that we allow so many straight line drives to the rim?

-he had a questionnable possession but Parker sat most of the second half

-Yuri, how can Johns have two steals from you? 

-we have no inbounds play in front of our bench, that's quite amazing

12 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I guess I should have seen the omen that was the VCU table giving us only 20 seconds on our first possession leading to a shotclock violation, refs do clock corrections a lot but the 3 of them didn't catch that?

-I wonder if next season with his seat warm, or perhaps hot, what will Travis' sideline behavior be? how will the hook be employed?

-TJ, how can Shriver, of all people, block your shot? 

-TJ, how can Kern drive right past you? how can our defense be so bad that we allow so many straight line drives to the rim?

-he had a questionnable possession but Parker sat most of the second half

-Yuri, how can Johns have two steals from you? 

-we have no inbounds play in front of our bench, that's quite amazing

Shades of Crews - OMG