Coaching Carousel-2023

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas to the Sweet 16. I'm hearing this was the benchmark needed for Rodney Terry to keep the job. 

I'm kinda worried this is a Crews situation because he's been a HC and never had much success.  However to paraphrase the great Rick Majerus, "Recruiting to Texas is like recruiting an alcoholic to a New Year's Eve party." So I'm hopeful also,  Purdue is out, KU is out and Final 4 is in Houston this year. Who knows. 

17 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Texas to the Sweet 16. I'm hearing this was the benchmark needed for Rodney Terry to keep the job. 

I'm kinda worried this is a Crews situation because he's been a HC and never had much success.  However to paraphrase the great Rick Majerus, "Recruiting to Texas is like recruiting an alcoholic to a New Year's Eve party." So I'm hopeful also,  Purdue is out, KU is out and Final 4 is in Houston this year. Who knows. 

Understand he was Asst at Texaas when Rick Barnes was HC. Rick and Rodney embraced after Vols beat them earlier this year.

33 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I think Terry was one of the names mentioned as a possible replacement for Crews before Ford got the job.

46 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Understand he was Asst at Texaas when Rick Barnes was HC. Rick and Rodney embraced after Vols beat them earlier this year.

True he was an assistant the last time Texas was in Final 4.

I don't recall him being mentioned for SLU opening. 

24 minutes ago, courtside said:

I was told Saturday morning by 3 people, (there are others involved too) that Travis Ford is out as SLU’s coach. An announcement would happen soon. 2 of the 3 are among SLU’s highest level boosters. And the third, is connected with the NBA. 

I’m calling BS on this one..so everyone in town knows about this, but you’re the only one who can’t keep his mouth shut…. Not buying it…

51 minutes ago, courtside said:

I was told Saturday morning by 3 people, (there are others involved too) that Travis Ford is out as SLU’s coach. An announcement would happen soon. 2 of the 3 are among SLU’s highest level boosters. And the third, is connected with the NBA. 

Could be an interesting week. 

53 minutes ago, courtside said:

I'm still thinking next year, Courtside. The buyout gets much cheaper next year.

I'd love to see us poach a coach and a collection of great players from another program like Mizzou did this year. I'm just not seeing it with the exorbitant dollar figures in CTF's extension agreement.

After a disappointing year where we finish 5th or 6th next year i see him being out finally.

7 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

If ford is getting fired, what is the upside delaying the announcement? portal is open, the new guy needs to get recruiting. i

There likely wouldn't be any significant announcement on NCAA tourney game days.  Tomorrow, no games. 

23 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

If ford is getting fired, what is the upside delaying the announcement? portal is open, the new guy needs to get recruiting. i

I certainly don’t know wether it’s true or not…..however, Not necessarily an upside but there could always be other factors at play, we know a buyout is needed, that has to come from somewhere. It’s possible they found someone recently.

27 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

Buyouts in many basketball coaches contracts are reduced on different dates in April.  If this is happening, that could be the reason why.

HoosierPal likes this

If it were going to happen, there is no way they would announce it during the same weekend that the women's team made their first ever tournament appearance. We'll see what happens but the delay in announcing wouldn't be a reason for me to believe it's untrue. Chris May's comments still make me think not but things change and boosters do talk if they've been approached about things 

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Sure hope this is true!!! Maybe the Big Boosters were tired of turning on their TV this week and seeing all the Jesuit U's in the NCAA Big Dance once again this year. Heck Xavier just advanced in today's first game. It's time to say goodbye to Travis Ford...Please!!!

Take this with a grain of salt, but a guy close to the program who feeds me info (sometimes correct, sometimes not) said about a month ago that SLU was vetting Blake Ahearn as a potential replacement if they moved on from Ford. Texted the guy today and he said he hadn't heard anything re: Ford.

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

Don't know if OU is already to say goodbye to Porter. Let's make sure the rumor on Ford holds true then the speculation can begin on the new HC.

if by some miracle Porter Moser would come back to SLU we would finally have peace and harmony on the board. Even the trolliest of trolls wouldn't find anything to complain about there.