GDT: Dayton was a top 5 team and still missed the tourney

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, stmdragons said:

I have to admit that clip made me realize that I do miss Nesbitt. This years team could use someone that’s willing to head butt the basket padding out of excitement after an and one. 

Nesbitt’s best qualities are what this team is missing the most. Fire, athleticism, ball handling, shot creation, defense, etc.

BIGGEST NEWS OF THE DAY from the Dayton Daily News!!  Mongolian contortionists at half time!!! 

About Dayton: R.J. Blakney returned to the starting lineup Tuesday after missing the St. Bonaventure game but suffered an injury in the first half and limped off the court. He returned to the game but was still limping and left the game after a brief stint. Malachi Smith also missed the game with an ankle injury. Grant said after the game both players would continue to be evaluated. ... Holmes leads the nation with 69 dunks. Purdue’s Zach Edey ranks second with 61. ... Mongolian contortionists will perform at halftime of the game in honor of Sharavjamts. ... Dayton started players from five different countries Tuesday for the first time this season season: Holmes (United States); Camara (Belgium); Amzil (Finland); Elvis (Canada); and Sharavjamts (Mongolia).

Just now, BigMouthBilliken said:

Dayton at home against the Bills on a Friday night and broadcasted on ESPN2. And only favorited by 5 points? This has all the makings of a bloodbath, the likes of which we’ve never seen. Take my money!

Careful, that negative speak will hurt some feelings.

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

BIGGEST NEWS OF THE DAY from the Dayton Daily News!!  Mongolian contortionists at half time!!! 

About Dayton: R.J. Blakney returned to the starting lineup Tuesday after missing the St. Bonaventure game but suffered an injury in the first half and limped off the court. He returned to the game but was still limping and left the game after a brief stint. Malachi Smith also missed the game with an ankle injury. Grant said after the game both players would continue to be evaluated. ... Holmes leads the nation with 69 dunks. Purdue’s Zach Edey ranks second with 61. ... Mongolian contortionists will perform at halftime of the game in honor of Sharavjamts. ... Dayton started players from five different countries Tuesday for the first time this season season: Holmes (United States); Camara (Belgium); Amzil (Finland); Elvis (Canada); and Sharavjamts (Mongolia).

3 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

When is the last time a SLU/Flyer game was a 10+ plus game in either direction? Lately?  Just curious.  Seems like they always are close.

last year bro. The Jordair jett game. 

Edit: although I knew it was more than 10, I thought it was like 14 till I just looked it up. 11 point win.