Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

14 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

I don't totally understand how this contract plays out with regards to next year. I assume he will get the money no matter what, but in terms of his attachment to a particular team I assumed since he was waived by the Nets, he therefore became a free agent at the conclusion of this year? Is that an accurate assessment of the situation?

I think he’s a free agent when the NBA free agency period starts. I think the Grizzlies can talk with him any time between the end of the season and the start of free agency, and sign him if they come to an agreement.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodwin's contract with Washington was voided when the Nets released him.

The Grizzlies signed him to a 10 day contract then signed him to a two way contract for the remainder of the season.

Goodwin will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season because he has less than 4 years in the league. Under this scenario the Grizzlies can make him a qualifying offer which Goodwin could accept or give up his rights. If a qualifying offer is made Goodwin can get another offer from another team but the Grizzlies are allowed to match it. If the Grizzlies gave up their rights to Goodwin he would then be an unrestricted free agent.

Adman and crymdg2 like this

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

IYKYK

copy-paste-gif-slow-gif.46264

I'm going to assume that you cannot view the photo's I posted.  I don't know what to tell you as they appear on both my cell phone and my laptop.  I trust your software is up to date?  I posted the photos from my cell, which is an Apple.  Perhaps your software and Apple aren't compatible, or perhaps this platform throws a curveball.

Goodwin's 3rd season as a pro is over.

In 40 games with Phoenix Goodwin averaged 5 ppg, 3 boards, 2 assists, shot .389 from the field and 28% from 3 while playing 14 minutes a game.

His best games for the Suns came in late November and early December.  He had a 14/7/5 against the Knicks and a 16/5/6 game against GS.  Goodwin got regular minutes well into December, then once the Holidays hit he started seeing more and more DNPs until he was traded away to the Nets.  After his release by the Nets he was signed to a 10 day by the Grizlies which they then turned into a 2 way contract for the remainder of the season.

In 17 games with the Grizzlies Goodwin had 12 starts and averaged 29 mpg, with 10 ppg, 8 rebounds, and 4.5 assists.  His %s took a hit shooting only .350 from the field and 63% from the line.  He also had 1.5 steals a game.

His best games for Memphis was a 13/12/7 performance in a win over Milwaukee, a 10/19/5 game in a loss to the Spurs, and a 23/17/4 game against the Lakers.

Goodwin's contract is over.  He is now a restricted Free Agent.  Memphis can make him a qualifying offer and then has the right to match any other offer from a team or they can renounce his rights.

Currently Memphis owes over 150 million in player salaries next year, while also having one of the top picks in the draft.  They have a logjam of players at the wing and guard position.  It appears unlikely that Memphis will be resigning Goodwin at this point.  Most likely his rights will be renounced and he will enter free agency.  

19 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Goodwin's 3rd season as a pro is over.

In 40 games with Phoenix Goodwin averaged 5 ppg, 3 boards, 2 assists, shot .389 from the field and 28% from 3 while playing 14 minutes a game.

His best games for the Suns came in late November and early December.  He had a 14/7/5 against the Knicks and a 16/5/6 game against GS.  Goodwin got regular minutes well into December, then once the Holidays hit he started seeing more and more DNPs until he was traded away to the Nets.  After his release by the Nets he was signed to a 10 day by the Grizlies which they then turned into a 2 way contract for the remainder of the season.

In 17 games with the Grizzlies Goodwin had 12 starts and averaged 29 mpg, with 10 ppg, 8 rebounds, and 4.5 assists.  His %s took a hit shooting only .350 from the field and 63% from the line.  He also had 1.5 steals a game.

His best games for Memphis was a 13/12/7 performance in a win over Milwaukee, a 10/19/5 game in a loss to the Spurs, and a 23/17/4 game against the Lakers.

Goodwin's contract is over.  He is now a restricted Free Agent.  Memphis can make him a qualifying offer and then has the right to match any other offer from a team or they can renounce his rights.

Currently Memphis owes over 150 million in player salaries next year, while also having one of the top picks in the draft.  They have a logjam of players at the wing and guard position.  It appears unlikely that Memphis will be resigning Goodwin at this point.  Most likely his rights will be renounced and he will enter free agency.  

Even with the best coaching in the world Goodwin is still basically the same player he was when he left here.  Free throw percentage is just a little higher.  And we know he's put a lot of work into his game. 

We're always looking for somebody to blame when players don't make dramatic improvements but dramatic improvements are the exceptions, not the norm.

On 4/20/2024 at 11:35 AM, 3star_recruit said:

Even with the best coaching in the world Goodwin is still basically the same player he was when he left here.  Free throw percentage is just a little higher.  And we know he's put a lot of work into his game. 

We're always looking for somebody to blame when players don't make dramatic improvements but dramatic improvements are the exceptions, not the norm.

He might be doing some similar things to when he was here, but he's doing them at a completely different level. People who defend the likes of LeBron James and grab an outsized number of boards among entire teams of giants have improved their game dramatically from the A10 level. But yeah, he's definitely exceptional and not the norm.

DirtyRican and SLU_Lax like this

On 4/20/2024 at 10:10 AM, thetorch said:

If not for the incompetency of Frank Vogel, the Suns might have noticed they had a dude that would help their top 3 talent roster finish higher than 6th...

billiken_roy and brianstl like this

Just now, JMM28 said:

If not for the incompetency of Frank Vogel, the Suns might have noticed they had a dude that would help their top 3 talent roster finish higher than 6th...

i said early in the season vogel was a fail.   they are only in the playoff because they have 3 of the top players in the league.   vogel did all he could to F that up but they somewhat overcame his incompetence.

JMM28 likes this

15 hours ago, almaman said:

I will be amazed he's not scooped up

I hope so. It was not encouraging that he wasn’t claimed off waivers on essentially a league minimum deal and ended up back on a two-way. I’m not sure if he improved his stock or not in Memphis given the mess that team was. Will be interesting so see how it plays out this summer. Also not sure if he’s eligible for another two-way or not next season. 

On 4/23/2024 at 8:01 AM, billiken_roy said:

i said early in the season vogel was a fail.   they are only in the playoff because they have 3 of the top players in the league.   vogel did all he could to F that up but they somewhat overcame his incompetence.

Suns are on the brink of elimination in round 1. Tons of top level talent on that roster. Frank Vogel still continues to have no clue how to manage a professional basketball roster  

I doubt the Vogel defender on here has much to say about this inevitable failure by the worst coach in the league.