GDT: NIT First Round, SLU vs. UNI

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I guess. I don't think losing one player should result in an onslaught by an mvc team.

I agree on the onslaught, but losing our only on conference player 24 hours before a tournament game isn’t a recipe for success. 

AGB91 likes this

Just now, SLU_Nick said:

I got the sense we weren’t really focused on NIT.  Not sure why 

They were at the beginning but any time this team faces adversity they crumble.

They played hard in the first half. 
This half they got down and quit.

Just now, MusicCityBilliken said:

it was just renewed last year. I am guessing it's 1st year of a 5 year contract. In other words we take a bath if we fire him.

That's horrible.  Why would they renew last year? 

We're stuck this is the ceiling.

2 loses to Davidson and now this loss has me upset with this team and they give me no confidence for next season.

The blowouts to those 2 teams is inexcusable.

Just now, A10Ref said:

I agree on the onslaught, but losing our only on conference player 24 hours before a tournament game isn’t a recipe for success. 

Press. Run. I'm not watching anymore but.... then don't do the same things. Idk maybe I just wasn't paying attention and don't know ish but I saw alot of the same action

Just now, SLU_Nick said:

I got the sense we weren’t really focused on NIT.  Not sure why 

On the one hand I get it.

On the other I don't think you can act bigger than the NIT when you haven't won a single game in one since Brad Soderberg was the coach. Our performance last year was equally uninspired even with it being the last hurrah of French and Goodwin.

20 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Ugh Strickland got lost on that one.

I this is idiotic, the score was SLU down 7-9, then he sat Strickland and it exploded. I have no idea where Strickland found these handles, but no one can take the ball from him, and he is unselfish. Point guard. Bank it. Done. Zero turnovers. Just let him learn his way into the role.

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I don’t think we need to worry about Travis going anywhere. 

Maybe Lindenwood will make him an offer.

2 minutes ago, ARon said:

On the one hand I get it.

On the other I don't think you can act bigger than the NIT when you haven't won a single game in one since Brad Soderberg was the coach. Our performance last year was equally uninspired even with it being the last hurrah of French and Goodwin.

Was that win against Iowa in St. Chuck?

The thing is there is always an excuse.  At some point you have to overcome adversity.  We won the A10 once.  No wins over Top 25 teams, no NIT wins, no finish in A10 higher than 4.  Despite top level facilities, top level pay, top level support.  We have a built in recruiting base and major BB hotspots within a 4 hour drive radius of the campus Memphis, CIncy, Chicago, KC, all of Indiana.  So much upside that is never quite realized.

1 A10 tourney run.

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

That's horrible.  Why would they renew last year? 

We're stuck this is the ceiling.

I agree that extending seems premature.  It’s clear that Chris May has a soft spot for Travis.  

But to say this is the ceiling is an overreaction. If next year the season doesn’t go better, then that will probably be the ceiling.