GDT: A10 Quarterfinals vs St. Bonaventure

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah that's an apples to apples comparison. 

Maybe you wanna give Nesbitt a pass for the cheerleader thing. Maybe you think his defense won us the game...

I think he was a liability who was let off the hook and needs to keep his mouth shut.

We can agree to disagree. 

I still want to see Hargrove on the floor in place of Nesbitt under 5min.

Nesbitt got that steal(may have turned it over, oh well)

Nesbitt came out of nowhere to grab a huge board.

TJ lucked into being wide the fuok open for a dunk.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bizziken said:

St. Bonaventure is the school that brought you Tyler Relph and welders. **** 'em. I sat through 2 years of that Relph turd acting like a complete cockmuppet. 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Hargrove is not a good rebounder.

Sup 05.

Be that as it may, but he's better than the guy who fumbled away the game winning rebound only to be let off the hook

2021-22 Season Rebounding % - Offensive - Defensive - Total
Hargrove 6.8 - 15.2 - 11.1
Nesbitt 6.6 - 12.4 - 9.6

2021-22 A10 conf season Rebounding % - Offensive - Defensive - Total
Hargrove 7.0 - 12.9 - 10.1
Nesbitt 6.6 - 10.6 - 8.7

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Sup 05.

Be that as it may, but he's better than the guy who fumbled away the game winning rebound only to be let off the hook

2021-22 Season Rebounding % - Offensive - Defensive - Total
Hargrove 6.8 - 15.2 - 11.1
Nesbitt 6.6 - 12.4 - 9.6

2021-22 A10 conf season Rebounding % - Offensive - Defensive - Total
Hargrove 7.0 - 12.9 - 10.1
Nesbitt 6.6 - 10.6 - 8.7

A. I don't understand why you're so incensed with Nesbitt. Nesbitt is a freshman.

B. I also don't understand what you see in TJ. All I see are the occasional spot up 3 and wide open dunks. TJ has been here for 3 years and has yet to really make a big improvement.

2 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

I was there. JNez was waving bye bye to their team, fans, cheerleaders. She took offense. Reacted like an immature college girl to the gestures of an immature college boy. No story here. See y’all tomorrow 

16 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah that's an apples to apples comparison. 

Maybe you wanna give Nesbitt a pass for the cheerleader thing. Maybe you think his defense won us the game...

I think he was a liability who was let off the hook and needs to keep his mouth shut.

We can agree to disagree. 

I still want to see Hargrove on the floor in place of Nesbitt under 5min.

You want to critique his game that’s fine but crucifying him for something without any evidence is ridiculous.

NextYearBill was there. Why are we taking the Twitter guys account of what happened over his?

My guess is that the cheerleader said something stupid and Nesbit responded with something stupid. 
Both were probably in the wrong. 
The biggest mistake was the cheerleader running onto the court like a crazy lady. 

Bills By 40 likes this

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

A. I don't understand why you're so incensed with Nesbitt. Nesbitt is a freshman.

B. I also don't understand what you see in TJ. All I see are the occasional spot up 3 and wide open dunks. TJ has been here for 3 years and has yet to really make a big improvement.

I'm still bullish on Nesbitt's potential, but I think he's exposed playing 34min in an elimination game against a team we lost to twice in the regular season.

Fact: He was 0-8 from the floor and scored zero points in 34min

Fact: He fumbled the game winning rebound away and then committed shooting foul with less than 2 seconds on the game clock

Fact: He failed to block out the shooter (Lofton) on the 2nd FT and allowed a game winning layup put back that didn't go in

Even without the cheerleader he said she said, he totally the pooped bed on the final possession and was 0-8 with zero points in 34 min for the game

I'd rather have TJ as my 5th man in crunch time than Nesbitt at this point. I'm not sure why this is a controversial take.

dennis_w likes this

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

I'm still bullish on Nesbitt's potential, but I think he's exposed playing 34min in an elimination game against a team we lost to twice in the regular season.

Fact: He fumbled the game winning rebound away and then committed shooting foul with less than 2 seconds on the game clock

Fact: He failed to block out the shooter (Lofton) on the 2nd FT and allowed a game winning layup put back that didn't go in

Even without the cheerleader he said she said, he totally the bed on the final possession and was 0-8 with zero points in 34 min for the game

I'd rather have TJ as my 5th man in crunch time than Nesbitt at this point. I'm not sure why this is a controversial take.

Good thing you’re not the coach

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Even without the cheerleader he said she said, he totally the pooped bed on the final possession and was 0-8 with zero points in 34 min for the game

It's not a controversial take, it's just a conservative one.  Just like Yuri and Jimerson had to suffer a bunch of failures to become the players they are today, so does Nesbitt.  If you've got one guy who's got the talent to be a future A10 first-teamer and another guy who is only marginally better after 3 years, you play the first guy.

2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Nesbitt is a liability out there in more ways than 1. He's the last guy who should be talking trash to anyone in any circumstances.

Hargrove needs to be on the floor over Nesbitt in crunch time from here on out.

LOL.  No.  Nesbitt is by far the choice.  Both are somewhat prone to mistakes ..... but Nesbitt's defense and rebounding trumps Hargrove hands down.  Glad Ford makes those decisions ........

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

It's not a controversial take, it's just a conservative one.  Just like Yuri and Jimerson had to suffer a bunch of failures to become the players they are today, so does Nesbitt.  If you've got one guy who's got the talent to be a future A10 first-teamer and another guy who is only marginally better after 3 years, you play the first guy.

Yeah...but the 3rd year guy will pump fake, lose his man, then dunk the ball. The 3rd year guy is the better 5th man in crunch time than the 1st year guy with superior talent.

If GJ, FT, YC, and FO are options 1-4...the 5th guy just needs to be someone who can make the most of a good pass.

I've surfed through enough pages, so I am just going to bring it up anyway in case nobody had mentioned this. Did anyone notice that the game clock stopped during play when there were about 3 seconds left in the game? Should Lofton have even been given the opportunity to go to the line?

Bottom line if the cheerleader doesn’t come on the court nobody is talking about this. No even knows anything happened. Bad words are said all the time during games so why is this such a big deal. Was the lady giving the cheerleader the chase to get off the court the sponsor- I would think cheerleaders are expected to behave in a respectful manner and her walking on the court doing what she did was not suppose to happen. Actually a T could have been given but best to move on 

2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Hargrove grabs rebounds. Hargrove finishes with emphatic dunks. I appreciate Nesbitt's raw athleticism but he needs to sit out a few plays.

Given his size, Hargrove may be our worst pound for pound rebounder lol

VCU is going to lose to Richmond.

Glad the Billikens started the losing streak and put VCU in the brackets to play Richmond.

Ha ha VCU troll.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

TJ lucked into being wide the fuok open for a dunk.

Naw.

Hustling down the court so that you're in position before the defense, pump faking to get your defender off the ground, then running passed him for a demoralizing dunk is not "lucking into being wide open." That play was hustle, savvy, speed, and athleticism.

Littlebill likes this

For those who recorded the game watch the clock stop at 3.2 seconds for a second then re-start.

Stu just tweeted that it stopped and I checked it out and it did.

A10 officiating is not good.  Those clowns looked at the video to check on the timing and the foul missed that.