Jump to content

Transfer Watch - 2022


ACE
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, almaman said:

When Linssen was out T got real minutes.

He did. 

That stretch made up 35% of his minutes this season. 

But during that stretch he recorded 6 points, and 16 boards in 52 minutes. 

I don't want to sound like i'm coming off as I'm anti - Traore.  I just think Bradford could come in and give us serious help quickly, and I think that Traore, as good as he has been is still a project and 2+ years away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He did. 

That stretch made up 35% of his minutes this season. 

But during that stretch he recorded 6 points, and 16 boards in 52 minutes. 

I don't want to sound like i'm coming off as I'm anti - Traore.  I just think Bradford could come in and give us serious help quickly, and I think that Traore, as good as he has been is still a project and 2+ years away. 

That stretch is also not really a fair assessment of a freshman. He played well in small minutes against easy competition. Then he got dropped in the deep end at the start of conference play. Only fully ready players can show up in that scenario. At least he wasn’t a turnover machine or a defensive liability. I am interested to see where he is at next year. I expect that he will make a tremendous leap in the off-season. Keep in mind that he is still relatively new to basketball and that he did not get to SLU until August.

HenryB and dennis_w like this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

That stretch is also not really a fair assessment of a freshman. He played well in small minutes against easy competition. Then he got dropped in the deep end at the start of conference play. Only fully ready players can show up in that scenario. At least he wasn’t a turnover machine or a defensive liability. I am interested to see where he is at next year. I expect that he will make a tremendous leap in the off-season. Keep in mind that he is still relatively new to basketball and that he did not get to SLU until August.

I wont disagree that its not ideal for a frosh, but at least we was given a chance early.. Williams wished for that. 

I just dont understand not taking a more proven player to fill a big hole next year, if this were to ever even happen. 

If he were to take a "big leap" next year, it may still not even be to Bradford's level and still considered a big leap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

some mizzou mbm's think caleb love will transfer to slu. where did that come from?

 

I made the mistake of trying to read on that mess of a board to find this and couldn’t find anything saying that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

I made the mistake of trying to read on that mess of a board to find this and couldn’t find anything saying that. 

it was on the pay site a couple of weeks ago. brief mention thought it odd nobody here mentioned it and they did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

it was on the pay site a couple of weeks ago. brief mention thought it odd nobody here mentioned it and they did

My guess is the folks who know about it are keeping quiet since it might be considered bad form to actively discuss the potential of a kid transferring when they are still playing for another program. I assume with the new transfer rules in addition to NIL there is a lot of tampering going on, but probably best not to be too blatant. At least wait for the season to end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, wgstl said:

Why do you think this?

Traore is better than what I expected out of a late signing- low recruited player.  But 90% of his minutes are in garbage time.  Bradford is averaging 12 ppg/40 min in the b12...that's well ahead of traore. 

Do you watch K-State I do.  Branford looks slow and not really into playing this season.

The 40 minute stat is misleading here are the numbers that are not.  Bradford is averaging 3.4 points 2 rebounds and shooting a horrible 49.3% this season.  He scored 1 point against ISU, 2 points against TTU, 2 points against KU, 2 points against OKST, 4 points against WVU, 0 points against ISU, 1 point against Baylor, 4 points against TCU, 5 points against OKST, 2 points against Baylor, 4 points against KU, 2 points against Texas, 6 points against WVU, 6 points against TCU, 6 points against WVU, 1 point against OU.

This is Bradfords second year Traore is a freshman can shoot free throws I like him better than Bradford right now.

My comment about Kalkbrenner was for fun I was not serious.

wgstl likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2022 at 8:18 PM, CBFan said:

Do you watch K-State I do.  Branford looks slow and not really into playing this season.

The 40 minute stat is misleading here are the numbers that are not.  Bradford is averaging 3.4 points 2 rebounds and shooting a horrible 49.3% this season.  He scored 1 point against ISU, 2 points against TTU, 2 points against KU, 2 points against OKST, 4 points against WVU, 0 points against ISU, 1 point against Baylor, 4 points against TCU, 5 points against OKST, 2 points against Baylor, 4 points against KU, 2 points against Texas, 6 points against WVU, 6 points against TCU, 6 points against WVU, 1 point against OU.

This is Bradfords second year Traore is a freshman can shoot free throws I like him better than Bradford right now.

My comment about Kalkbrenner was for fun I was not serious.

Another strange performance by Bradford in his last game. Played 17 minutes scored 3 points and 0 rebounds - it's hard to be that big and get ZERO rebounds in that many minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ACE said:

Another strange performance by Bradford in his last game. Played 17 minutes scored 3 points and 0 rebounds - it's hard to be that big and get ZERO rebounds in that many minutes.

I saw that stat too.

Those stats will not get him starting minutes and Traore has shown he can rebound so Bradford may not beat out Traore.

I would like to have Bradford for depth with his experience.

@Coach314has posted that he thought that Bradford is not being used correctly so that is probably the issue.  In Coach314 I trust so I am probably wrong about where he would be in the depth chart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2022 at 11:27 AM, CBFan said:

I saw that stat too.

Those stats will not get him starting minutes and Traore has shown he can rebound so Bradford may not beat out Traore.

I would like to have Bradford for depth with his experience.

@Coach314has posted that he thought that Bradford is not being used correctly so that is probably the issue.  In Coach314 I trust so I am probably wrong about where he would be in the depth chart.

Appreciate that.  Now I am not advocating that the staff focus their sites on Bradford as top priority if he becomes available.  I was just responding to the question of whether he would be a fit.  At K State they run a lot of high screens with their bigs...the guards come off them looking to score.  The bigs usually end up out of position to rebound.  Dean Wade (Cleveland Cavs) is 6'10 more athletic and a better player than Bradford and only averaged 5.4 rebounds in that system playing the 4/5.

2010andBeyond likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Coach314 said:

Appreciate that.  Now I am not advocating that the staff focus their sites on Bradford as top priority if he becomes available.  I was just responding to the question of whether he would be a fit.  At K State they run a lot of high screens with their bigs...the guards come off them looking to score.  The bigs usually end up out of position to rebound.  Dean Wade (Cleveland Cavs) is 6'10 more athletic and a better player than Bradford and only averaged 5.4 rebounds in that system playing the 4/5.

I appreciate you coach thank you for the response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Appreciate that.  Now I am not advocating that the staff focus their sites on Bradford as top priority if he becomes available.  I was just responding to the question of whether he would be a fit.  At K State they run a lot of high screens with their bigs...the guards come off them looking to score.  The bigs usually end up out of position to rebound.  Dean Wade (Cleveland Cavs) is 6'10 more athletic and a better player than Bradford and only averaged 5.4 rebounds in that system playing the 4/5.

Alright, so who would be your top priority? For me, EJ Liddell. I’m a dreamer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Alright, so who would be your top priority? For me, EJ Liddell. I’m a dreamer.

Kalkbrenner if we are dreaming 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the season now over for many low major teams, the transfer portal is exploding. Already up to 216, which is understandable with open free agency now. As soon as P5 teams get eliminated from postseason consideration this week, there will be another burst of transfers to look forward to.

TheChosenOne likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Good info ACE. Who is going to take the role of posting every player that enters the portal who could be a fit on our roster?

Don't worry, I got this 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Hypothetical: If Kobe Brown hit the transfer portal, would we want him? 6’8”, hits the 3, and defends and plays inside well. Really inconsistent, but great when he is on.

he's a stretch 4, so yes. Even though he really lost his 3 point shot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...