Jump to content

Transfer Watch - 2022


ACE
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, ACE said:

Well maybe not - it appears he was "dismissed." Probably a better fit for Mizzou.

 

Bowling Green men’s basketball head coach Michael Huger has announced that senior guard Myron Gordon and junior forward Joe Reece have been dismissed from the team for failure to meet program standards.

 

“I want to wish Myron and Joe the very best in their future endeavors,” Huger said. “They have made contributions to our program. At the same time, there are standards of behavior within the framework of our team that we expect to be met by all of our student-athletes. Failure to do so on a consistent basis has resulted in the loss of the privilege of being members of this team.”

Agree, let them go somewhere else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, ACE said:

I just saw that local player Joe Reece who is now at Bowling Green is transferring. He's 6-9 and his stats this year are very similar to what Linnsen put up at Wilmington before he transferred here. It would seem to make sense as a potential Linnsen replacement if there is mutual interest.

Discipline issues aside, Joe Reece is not really a Linssen replacement. He’s more of a tall wing. I don’t think he’d get minutes here next year, especially if Perkins returns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, NH said:

Discipline issues aside, Joe Reece is not really a Linssen replacement. He’s more of a tall wing. I don’t think he’d get minutes here next year, especially if Perkins returns.

I've never seen him play, but he's only shot 9 3s on the season. He was quite productive in just 19mpg. Anyway, doesn't look like it's going to happen, although I assume he'll try to hook on somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reece did play with Hargrove.

Not a post player at all.  Does most of his scoring on drives.  Decent defender at the mid major level.

He's always had baggage and he and his father had no interest in playing anywhere near St. Louis.

billiken_roy likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, thetorch said:

Reece did play with Hargrove.

Not a post player at all.  Does most of his scoring on drives.  Decent defender at the mid major level.

He's always had baggage and he and his father had no interest in playing anywhere near St. Louis.

i saw him play a number of times in high school when he was at east st louis for his senior season.   that team indeed had hargrove on it and reece never seemed to really do much.   i was never impressed and felt old dominion was probably the right level for him.  we can do better.

trying to find another linssen is not an easy task.   i for one was very surprised for what we got with linssen.   i expected a practice player.   not the solid inside guy who appears to be a great teammate as well as a pretty good player.   i would be shocked if another player with linssen's attributes fell into our laps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i saw him play a number of times in high school when he was at east st louis for his senior season.   that team indeed had hargrove on it and reece never seemed to really do much.   i was never impressed and felt old dominion was probably the right level for him.  we can do better.

trying to find another linssen is not an easy task.   i for one was very surprised for what we got with linssen.   i expected a practice player.   not the solid inside guy who appears to be a great teammate as well as a pretty good player.   i would be shocked if another player with linssen's attributes fell into our laps. 

Linssen has to be one of the most underrated pick ups in Ford’s tenure. He’s been great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i saw him play a number of times in high school when he was at east st louis for his senior season.   that team indeed had hargrove on it and reece never seemed to really do much.   i was never impressed and felt old dominion was probably the right level for him.  we can do better.

trying to find another linssen is not an easy task.   i for one was very surprised for what we got with linssen.   i expected a practice player.   not the solid inside guy who appears to be a great teammate as well as a pretty good player.   i would be shocked if another player with linssen's attributes fell into our laps. 

6’9” and can shoot threes and drive. Ouch. Sounds like a player we have been looking for. That said, discipline issues are probably not worth it.

Sounds like the first big time player for Lindenwood!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

6’9” and can shoot threes and drive. Ouch. Sounds like a player we have been looking for. That said, discipline issues are probably not worth it.

Sounds like the first big time player for Lindenwood!

He has shot 27% from 3 in his college career FWIW

RUBillsFan likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

I just took another peak at Bradford's production - not good. PPG and RPG about half of what they were his freshman season.

He and Okoro have similar per 40 averages their first 2 years. 

1000 Minutes played for both in the both of their first 2 years.           

                   FG%    TRB      FT      Points  Fouls

Bradford:  58%      7.1      58%       12.4      5.0

Okoro:       50%     9.6     47%        8.4       5.3

 

 

Biggest takeaway for me is Bradford has played solid minutes in the best league.  Typically that translates well to the A10 if you're a big.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bradford has been terrible this season and I would rather see what Traore can do with more playing time.

Its all a mute point if everyone stays.

The local player that I would love to want to transfer and come home is Kalkbrenner, I like watching him play to bad for the wrong blue team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, A10Ref said:

I agree… does he fit better in a billiken uniform?

Do you think Weber is toast at K-State?

I think Weber is probably finished and that could open the door for Bradford if a spot opens up.

My belief is that Bradford if he transferred to SLU would play behind Traore and I am not sure he would want to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, CBFan said:

The local player that I would love to want to transfer and come home is Kalkbrenner, I like watching him play to bad for the wrong blue team.

Talk about a dream, at least Bradford is slightly realistic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, CBFan said:

My belief is that Bradford if he transferred to SLU would play behind Traore and I am not sure he would want to do that.

Why do you think this?

Traore is better than what I expected out of a late signing- low recruited player.  But 90% of his minutes are in garbage time.  Bradford is averaging 12 ppg/40 min in the b12...that's well ahead of traore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Why do you think this?

Traore is better than what I expected out of a late signing- low recruited player.  But 90% of his minutes are in garbage time.  Bradford is averaging 12 ppg/40 min in the b12...that's well ahead of traore. 

traore is more athletic.   i.e. possesses more potential maybe?   i havent seen bradford enough or traore in top competition enough to really have a good opinion, but just throwing those possiblities of why

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

traore is more athletic.   i.e. possesses more potential maybe?   i havent seen bradford enough or traore in top competition enough to really have a good opinion, but just throwing those possiblities of why

Could be.  I could see Traore having a great senior year, but right now, and likely next year, I think Bradford is still a better player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After watching him play a little bit the past two seasons, I would take him on the eye test alone. Big, but fluid enough. He also would provide something different from Traore, so it would be complimentary. If Traore keeps developing and ends up shooting threes, then they could technically play together. (Traore is athletic enough to guard a small 4.)

wgstl likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a 0.0% chance that Bradford is going to come here and backup Okoro. He is a good enough player that he will understandably want significant playing time in his junior year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Why do you think this?

Traore is better than what I expected out of a late signing- low recruited player.  But 90% of his minutes are in garbage time.  Bradford is averaging 12 ppg/40 min in the b12...that's well ahead of traore. 

When Linssen was out T got real minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, A10Ref said:

I agree… does he fit better in a billiken uniform?

 

2 hours ago, NH said:

There is a 0.0% chance that Bradford is going to come here and backup Okoro. He is a good enough player that he will understandably want significant playing time in his junior year.

@A10RefI think he would fit.  But like @NHsaid...would he want to come off the bench.  If he did...I think the staff would welcome him with open arms.  Yuri would get Bradford easy buckets at the rim.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bradford only played 5 minutes last night. He'd get more than that per game playing one year behind Franco, then he could move into being a starter for two seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...