ACE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

We heard different postgame interviews. 

Your a brave man HP to listen to the post game, I did not want anymore pain than what I watched on the court to the bitter end.

Whats going on with Richmond gives me some hope.  I am sure Mooney was on the hot seat wins the A10 tournament and beats Iowa in the big dance.

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Well, did he comment on transfers? 

Also, if someone hasn’t heard it, then don’t speculate on what you think it said.

I really don't know what you are asking.

Did he comment on transfers?  No Billikens have entered the portal, so what is there to comment on?  What are you suggesting, that Ford went straight to the locker room after the game and told four players he wanted them out?  And then reported it 5 minutes later on the postgame?

Or are you asking if he talked about incoming targets? 

Oh yeah, he said, I approached AJ Green in the handshake line and told him I could get him a great NIL deal at SLU.  And we have already approached KJ Williams, the big from Murray State, about coming on board even though he isn't in the portal."    On his post game show -- after a loss -- did he comment on transfers?  Really?

Your comment:  "Also, if someone hasn't heard it, then don't speculate on what you think it said".  I'm not sure what this means.  I heard the interview, so I am not speculating.  "...if someone hasn't heard it, then don't speculate..."  Huh?  Who are you referring to that hasn't heard 'it'? Yourself?  I'm not sure KMOX has podcasts of post game interviews for you to listen to.

cgeldmacher likes this

On 3/17/2022 at 12:13 PM, A10Ref said:

The flood gates are about to open. Half the teams in the tournament won’t be there in the next 48 hours. In 72 hours, the portal will be chaos (including, unfortunately, probably a few of our guys given Ford’s comments postgame). 

21 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

What were his comments post-game?

20 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Sounds like blamed everybody but himself. Pretty SOP for bosses

20 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

He does this often enough to where I can't stand him. Some of the blame has to be on you some of the time, d*mn it!

18 hours ago, cheeseman said:

No I did hear it that is why I said “sounds like....”. I was only going on what I thought someone else said. You obviously have the full story so please share.

So, my post was to simply get back to my original question.

31 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

So, my post was to simply get back to my original question.

Travis said "We have to have a group obsessed with getting better in the offseason, behind the scenes." and a few other things around those same lines. I read it as "we need guys that will buy in and those that don't gotta go."

AnkielBreakers likes this

33 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Travis said "We have to have a group obsessed with getting better in the offseason, behind the scenes." and a few other things around those same lines. I read it as "we need guys that will buy in and those that don't gotta go."

Thank you for repeating this quote from the postgame interview. I read it slightly different in that Coach thinks he needs to convince one or two players that he needs more buy in. I don’t believe he thinks it is a lost cause.   In my mind I am looking at two rotation players he is working on to get more team buy in. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Thank you for repeating this quote from the postgame interview. I read it slightly different in that Coach thinks he needs to convince one or two players that he needs more buy in. I don’t believe he thinks it is a lost cause.   In my mind I am looking at two rotation players he is working on to get more team buy in. 

Could've been that, too. Regardless it was a challenge to the players and probably (hopefully) the staff. Be all in or you can go.

13 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Looks good. If we had an opening, I would take him. Could play with or behind Yuri. Enough length to play defense.

Do we have enough space on our roster for Perkins right now?

I think that’s Javonte’s decision more than ours. He wants back, he’s back. 

slufanskip likes this

15 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Looks good. If we had an opening, I would take him. Could play with or behind Yuri. Enough length to play defense.

Do we have enough space on our roster for Perkins right now?

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

I think that’s Javonte’s decision more than ours. He wants back, he’s back. 

Yeah.  If he wanted to come back...they would most definitely make room for him

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

image.png.98ea97f2c2d8335d3e904e17dbcca505.png

Here is the super useful scholarship chart. When I count up and delete Markhi and Linssen, then there is one spot. Not sure if that is correct.

Need go to give Mr. Courtney his due this season.

On 3/20/2022 at 11:16 AM, WVBilliken said:

Have watched a lot of WVU basketball.  Jimmy in no way could ever fit in the Bob Huggins system.  Laughable.

I'd guess Huggins is clued in on whether Jimmy would be a good fit or not.