Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

9 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Am bored today so made a list of guys that are currently in the transfer portal that Phil Forte follows on twitter:

-Chance Moore 6'5 G (Arkansas)

-K.J Williams 6'10 F (Murray State)

-David Skogman 6'10 C (Buffalo)

-Dalen Ridgnal 6'7 F (Georgia)

-Eric Williams Jr 6'7 F (Oregon, follows forte back)

-Ben Vander Plas 6'8 F (Ohio)

-Wesley Cardet Jr 6'6 G (Samford)

-Javon Pickett 6'5 G (Mizzou)

-Kale Catchings 6'6 F (Harvard)

-Keylan Boone 6'8 G (Oklahoma State, follows forte back)

-Tamell Pearson 6'10 F (Western Illinois, follows forte back)

-Will Richard 6'5 G(Belmont)

-Grant Basile 6'9 F (Wright State)

I know some guys have been talked about on here and some may be from previous HS recruiting but I thought it was an interesting list to fuel the wild speculation.

New Additions:

-Jerrell Colbert 6'10 C (LSU) 

-Patrick Cartier 6'8 F (Hillsdale College) Interesting one, DII grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility and 2 time DII All American 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BuiltFordBills said:

On the back of Traore's transfer news, new follow of the day:

-Peyton Sparks 6'9 C (Ball State)

Freshman from Indiana who averaged 13.5 and 8.5 and 70% FT shooter

I'm intrigued.

Also the news of Traore has me wondering more about JBJ.  Sounds like JBJ should be announcing soon, while SLU is in the mix, I'd think the news today means something. 

A few more from Forte's list that predate the ones listed previously:

-Alex Tchikou - 6-11, 230 PF - Alabama (Could this be the French player Frank was talking about? He's bigger and has been in the U.S. for a while, but I haven't seen any action on Crespin's name in months.)

-Mohamed Wague - 6-10, 210 PF - Harcum College (PA)

-Kasea Harrison - 6-1, 190 G - Lamar

-Terry Anderson - 6-7, 190 F - Arkansas Cossatot

And Nunez follows Noah Carter from UNI, who we've discussed previously.

Adman and BuiltFordBills like this

John Camden is transferring out of Memphis.  He redshirted this season and eventually had foot surgery.  We had a bad experience with foot surgery before, but if he is healthy Camden has all the skills you want to develop a very effective stretch 4.

More Follows for Forte today:

-Kaodirichi Akobundu-Ehiogu 6'9 F (Texas Arlington) Good luck Guy Phillips

-Jalen Finch 6'1 G (Jacksonville State)

-Jacobi Wood 6'1 G (Belmont) follows Forte back

-Tyler Beard 6'2 G (Georgetown)

-Ben Carlson 6'9 F (Wisconsin)

-John Camden 6'8 F (Memphis) shout out @brianstl

Side note: Stu Durando has recently followed Grant Basile and Tamell Pearson

Also I may be addicted to this......

charlie-charliekelly.gif.6ef7c66df051f8b630745436db3f2278.gif

8 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

More Follows for Forte today:

-Kaodirichi Akobundu-Ehiogu 6'9 F (Texas Arlington) Good luck Guy Phillips

-Jalen Finch 6'1 G (Jacksonville State)

-Jacobi Wood 6'1 G (Belmont) follows Forte back

-Tyler Beard 6'2 G (Georgetown)

-Ben Carlson 6'9 F (Wisconsin)

-John Camden 6'8 F (Memphis) shout out @brianstl

Finch is an interesting one - played in the same conference as DeAndre. Jacksonville State won that league. Very productive and seems to have a pretty well rounded game, albeit against bad competition. Good shooter and 4 apg, so would seem to fill the combo guard role. 

18 minutes ago, ACE said:

Finch is an interesting one - played in the same conference as DeAndre. Jacksonville State won that league. Very productive and seems to have a pretty well rounded game, albeit against bad competition. Good shooter and 4 apg, so would seem to fill the combo guard role. 

I agree.  The only knock I had on Jones was that he was giving up too much size.  Finch is 6'1.  And he checks off the assists, assist to turnover ratio and 3 pt shooting boxes.

Over at the MickeyD game last night, they crowed about Arkansas having seven or eight of ESPN's Top 100 coming in next year.  Is Mr. Brazile sure he can find time and compete with that?  Wow!

Check this site out 2022 College Basketball Transfer Portal (on3.com). It actually lists the NIL value of players in the transfer portal. Now I don't know how they come up with these amounts, ie does the player say that's what I'll take in NIL $$'s, or if that's what they pulled down at their last school, or some amount determined by the keepers of this site? Just thought it was interesting to see it out in the open like this. Check out Shaq's kid whose looking for, or maybe has, a $2.3 mil NIL package already, College hoops has definitely gone the free agency route. 

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Check this site out 2022 College Basketball Transfer Portal (on3.com). It actually lists the NIL value of players in the transfer portal. Now I don't know how they come up with these amounts, ie does the player say that's what I'll take in NIL $$'s, or if that's what they pulled down at their last school, or some amount determined by the keepers of this site? Just thought it was interesting to see it out in the open like this. Check out Shaq's kid whose looking for, or maybe has, a $2.3 mil NIL package already, College hoops has definitely gone the free agency route. 

imo eventual suicide for any program outside the big boys.   the beginning of the end where they will eventually split the power 5 out to their own division and championship.   sad imo.  real sad. 

cgeldmacher likes this

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

imo eventual suicide for any program outside the big boys.   the beginning of the end where they will eventually split the power 5 out to their own division and championship.   sad imo.  real sad. 

I agree. However, most popular sporting event is March Madness because of David v Goliath aspect. I think public outrage might not allow it. 

14 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I agree. However, most popular sporting event is March Madness because of David v Goliath aspect. I think public outrage might not allow it. 

i dont think they care.   they assume we would be forgotten eventually.   i have been boiling all week when watching sports news be it on espn or even local stations the reporters raving about the greatness of having 4 bluebloods playing saturday particularly duke vs unc.   puke.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

i dont think they care.   they assume we would be forgotten eventually.   i have been boiling all week when watching sports news be it on espn or even local stations the reporters raving about the greatness of having 4 bluebloods playing saturday particularly duke vs unc.   puke.

I’m all about the David Vs Goliath aspect of March Madness and I really wish more “mid majors” would get in. 

That said I am pumped for Duke UNC.

One of the best rivalry in all of sports and it’s for a chance at the national title. 
This is a matchup most sports fans can really get behind.

19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Some people underestimate the NCAA greed and stupidity, I don't.  The NCAA will ruin the best sporting event ever by making 2 divisions separating the blue bloods from the rest in the big dance.

What the rest of the schools need to do if this happens is to kick out the NCAA as the governing body and start a new governing organization, that will put the hurt to the NCAA pocket book and control.

The first week of the NCAA tournament is the best week as it stands today.  A change would cause me to not be that interested.

The NCAA got what they wanted this tournament, Michigan State given a win to play Duke and the big prize of Duke and NC playing in coach K's last season.

billiken_roy likes this

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Some people underestimate the NCAA greed and stupidity, I don't.  The NCAA will ruin the best sporting event ever by making 2 divisions separating the blue bloods from the rest in the big dance.

What the rest of the schools need to do if this happens is to kick out the NCAA as the governing body and start a new governing organization, that will put the hurt to the NCAA pocket book and control.

The first week of the NCAA tournament is the best week as it stands today.  A change would cause me to not be that interested.

The NCAA got what they wanted this tournament, Michigan State given a win to play Duke and the big prize of Duke and NC playing in coach K's last season.

With all due respect, in today’s environment it is not the NCAA that is driving to you “two divisions” but rather the power 5 conferences who want all of the money. The NCAA loves the idea of a broad based tournament with the possibility of a few Cinderellas who bring excitement and give smaller schools an opportunity to “dance”.

28 minutes ago, Billikenswin said:

With all due respect, in today’s environment it is not the NCAA that is driving to you “two divisions” but rather the power 5 conferences who want all of the money. The NCAA loves the idea of a broad based tournament with the possibility of a few Cinderellas who bring excitement and give smaller schools an opportunity to “dance”.

Indeed, I would look for the P5+2 to be the ones that shutdown Madness. They want all the $$$’s and screw the mids.

billiken_roy likes this