GDT: vs Central Arkansas

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Think Rashad has been cold in practice, too? If he proves his ability to come out and knock down 3's the way we were led to believe he would then there's most definitely situational minutes available for him. 

Traore will be a foul trouble guy, and that's it, but that might be more often than we think. 

Andre vs. Markhi will never be anything but matchup based and do we need offense or defense? 

If you have the time, Rammer has some interesting thoughts. 

He believes Lorrentsson is being undersold and is the mix for two bigs.  He also thinks Ford is using the '8 man rotation' to motivate the team, particularly those on the far end of the roster. Says Jones is trying to get his stripes as a PG and not concerned with this shooting just yet.  He doesn't think Linssen and Okoro will play all that many minutes together, but when they do it will be a high - low makeup.  Most common lineup with be a one in, four out lineup.

Travis hasn't been happy with the offense in practice. It's not where he wants it yet. 

Collins spent time with Claggett working on his shot and it shows.  Collins has to be guarded now, and can't be left alone to double team another Billiken.

Rammer expects Jimerson to take maybe up to 10 shots per game.  He is working with Collins on back cuts.  Confidence is the key to Jimerson's season.

Rammer isn't sure this team knows how to be a running team.  Doesn't have the surgical procession to do it consistently, yet.  Someone has to rebound the ball to get it out on the run.  How do you keep guys in to rebound when you are getting into a transition.  All four can't run and leave Okoro alone to rebound.  Understand where you are on the floor when the shot goes up and who is in best position to get out and run.  It may not be you.  This team has the elements to run, but do they have cerebral look at the game to understand what it takes to be a successful running team.  If guys leak out too soon, Coach will slow it down.

First three games are buy games.  Will this team be ready for Memphis?  Will Memphis be ready for this team?  Buffalo will contend for their conference and will be a tough game.  Boise State may win their conference, and will UAB.  Belmont will win the OVC.  BC, won't be great, but being in the ACC their SOS will be up there, meaning it is a must win game. Auburn may have the best set of big men in the country.  Why aren't we playing Drake in Kirksville rather than in Vegas? These 8 teams are the SOS part of our OOC.  What we do with these 8 will play a huge part of where this team ends up regarding March Madness.  We don't have to win all 8 but have to take some W's.

First two games, look for offensive and defensive efficiency.  Look at the matchup's that Coach uses.

Lorrentsson has been the 'lights out shooter' in practice.  Every shot in practice is tracked, and he comes out on top.  Ford has been playing Okoro and Linssen against Lorrentsson and Traore in practice.

Rammer is concerned with the A10 is trending to a one bid league, particularly this year with injuries to SLU and VCU.  The bottom half of the league has to improve.  He believes the Commish has talked to the Fordhams, StJoes, and GW's to fix what is broken.

37 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:
Ford has been practicing Okoro and Linssen against Lorrentsson and Traore in practice.

This is what I’ve found funny about Ford’s comments that Okoro and Linssen look really good together offensively. Of course they have, they’re being guarded by a true freshman and another guy whose lack of defense is keeping him off the floor to begin with.

Back in action with my writing hobby. I’m no pro but all Billiken coverage is a net positive in my eyes http://archcity.media/2021/11/09/billikens-open-their-season-with-three-game-single-week-homestand/

editor screwed up my links 

9 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Back in action with my writing hobby. I’m no pro but all Billiken coverage is a net positive in my eyes http://archcity.media/2021/11/09/billikens-open-their-season-with-three-game-single-week-homestand/

I have to say I love your enthusiasm. Glad you are here and posting like you do

CBFan and SLUMedBilliken15 like this

57 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Nice read keep it up.

I appreciate you giving out information on how to see the team.

Chafetz will fill up as the wins accumulate.