• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, dlarry said:

NFL is a ratings monster.

It sucks but I get it.

As long as it’s always 97.1 when they are bumped I’ll be happy. When they got bumped on 101.1 it seemed you never knew what station they would be moved to. 
It sounds like it will always be 97.1 so it will at least be consistent.

i havent watched an nfl game now since 2016.   no plans to return anytime soon.  dont miss nfl a bit.   if i had a choice between nfl and something else, hell there are plenty of good old movies on tcm, or i can watch the food shows or the diy shows, or maybe i wold just read a book.  but no more nfl ever again at this point.   would take some monster changes to go back for me.  

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

i havent watched an nfl game now since 2016.   no plans to return anytime soon.  dont miss nfl a bit.   if i had a choice between nfl and something else, hell there are plenty of good old movies on tcm, or i can watch the food shows or the diy shows, or maybe i wold just read a book.  but no more nfl ever again at this point.   would take some monster changes to go back for me.  

Missing some great stuff. They've done best job of keeping it normal in these times. I've seen parts of every game as usual. Doesn't keep me from my TCM binge. starting to see in black & white. Stupid movie code in the 30's-60's sure screwed up a lot of art. NFL never stopped me from a good book. Noticed a capital X awhile back from you :)

doowop likes this

1 minute ago, almaman said:

Missing some great stuff. They've done best job of keeping it normal in these times. I've seen parts of every game as usual. Doesn't keep me from my TCM binge. starting to see in black & white. Stupid movie code in the 30's-60's sure screwed up a lot of art. NFL never stopped me from a good book. Noticed a capital X awhile back from you :)

caps will show up when i post from my phone.    stupid phones are too smart.   desktops not so much.

almaman likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

When I lived in Ohio, I could always get KMOX at night. KMOX loved the Bills during the Spoon era. I don’t know this for sure, but I’d wager KMOX with the Spoon show was a major factor for getting the general public to show up at games in record numbers. A lot of the Spoon show had to do with his love of the Cards. Carracker always steered a portion of his interviews w/Spoon towards the Cardinals. It was more of a general sports /entertainment show than one solely about the Bills. Basically, one third about the Bills, one third on Down home Spoon country boy stories, and one third on the Cards. Hope they don’t do this to Travis. 

Jack Buck hosted the Spoonhour show.  2 great personalities, good stories, information about the team in a very enjoyable format.  I miss both of those guys, rest in piece.

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

Jack Buck hosted the Spoonhour show.  2 great personalities, good stories, information about the team in a very enjoyable format.  I miss both of those guys, rest in piece.

My wife grew up going to Billiken games with her family and she remembers going to Spoonhour's sports bar at Union Station after games for the show. I assume this memory is valid, but I would need someone on here to confirm whether any of this could be true haha (of course I know the part about her growing up going to games is true).

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

My wife grew up going to Billiken games with her family and she remembers going to Spoonhour's sports bar at Union Station after games for the show. I assume this memory is valid, but I would need someone on here to confirm whether any of this could be true haha (of course I know the part about her growing up going to games is true).

It is valid.  Spoons restaurant was operated by Pasta House and was first located at Union Station in what was Brett Hull's sports bar before.  It then moved to CWE into a previous Pasta House location.

TheChosenOne likes this

18 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is valid.  Spoons restaurant was operated by Pasta House and was first located at Union Station in what was Brett Hull's sports bar before.  It then moved to CWE into a previous Pasta House location.

I recall coming into town to catch 2 Larry Hughes games with some friends. It was the UAB and Houston games. We went to Spoons (CWE location) for dinner one night. The Billiken basketball memorabilia on the walls was amazing. I wonder who has all that stuff now?

8 hours ago, bauman said:

That is huge!  Now what's important is for the MOX to not hand off Billiken games in Feb and Mar for Cardinals Spring Training games.

What about Blues games?  I can't remember which station carries them, hopefully not KMOX.  Did they shift to 101.3 ESPN last year?

I assume Rammer and Earl will continue as the announcers, if not it becomes a bad deal. 

I have been disappointed at the lack of coverage by 101.3,  the radio voice of the Billikens, the last few years.  They had the games but never have spent much time otherwise with any Billiken coverage.  They didn't even come close to what Frank does during his 2 hour show on a competing Sports station.

Blues are now on 101.1

6 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I agree. Once someone tells me to fu.k off. I listen

billiken_roy likes this

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Many times I only use the radio to sync up with the TV feed, and listen to Rammer and Earl while watching the TV feed.  It's tricky sometimes, but if I can't sync them up I will watch and listen to the TV feed.

I haven’t figured out how to sync the radio and TV but I will always listen to Rammer and Earl, I love those guys.

Living in the St. Louis area  most of my life I have been treated to so much sports radio talent that worked for KMOX; Jack Buck, Bob Star, Bob Costas, Bill Wilkerson, Dan Kelly, Dan Dierdorf, and Bob Ramsey.

Bob Ramsey is the best current sports broadcaster in St. Louis.  Bob has always had the ability to draw a picture in my mind of what is occurring on the court.

13 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I haven’t figured out how to sync the radio and TV but I will always listen to Rammer and Earl, I love those guys.

Living in the St. Louis area  most of my life I have been treated to so much sports radio talent that worked for KMOX; Jack Buck, Bob Star, Bob Costas, Bill Wilkerson, Dan Kelly, Dan Dierdorf, and Bob Ramsey.

Bob Ramsey is the best current sports broadcaster in St. Louis.  Bob has always had the ability to draw a picture in my mind of what is occurring on the court.

There is an app that allows you to sync the radio call with the TV (I think), but I can’t remember the name. If I can figure out how to do it, I’m right there with you, Earl and Rammer are the best!

13 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I’ve tried to sync TV to Rammer and Earl. Impossible they’re either ahead of behind of the TV. It’s really distracting. 

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I’ve tried to sync TV to Rammer and Earl. Impossible they’re either ahead of behind of the TV. It’s really distracting. 

I googled it and found this app. It’s free, but I don’t how well it works. It says it delays the radio audio until the TV catches up. I think I might try it. Here’s a link to the site for whoever is interested.

https://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/

11 hours ago, brianstl said:

Learfield has their own app for syncing the audio. Not sure what it is called

Do they have an app?  Because I heard the advertisements for their "sync my game" website last year on the radio and went to the website to try it one game and all I found was a website that just lists the instructions for how you should pause the game and sync it up to the app.

https://www.learfield.com/sync-my-game/

7 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Do they have an app?  Because I heard the advertisements for their "sync my game" website last year on the radio and went to the website to try it one game and all I found was a website that just lists the instructions for how you should pause the game and sync it up to the app.

I remember doing the same thing hoping for some fancy app. Got to the instructions and got even more frustrated. Silly to think back on now. 

16 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I may have wrongly assumed they were talking about an app.