Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

The comments in that tweet have me curious.  Does the AAC and the A10 have something in the works ??

If we haven't heard about it by now, I'd say no.

The Dec 5 date now is open.  Maybe, just maybe, we sneak into the 20 team Houston Bubble event which opens Dec 1?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierPal said:

If we haven't heard about it by now, I'd say no.

The Dec 5 date now is open.  Maybe, just maybe, we sneak into the 20 team Houston Bubble event which opens Dec 1?

Just weird HOW many people brought that up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Just weird HOW many people brought that up 

Crazy stuff is happening.  The Maui Classic moved to NC.  Louisville dropped out of the MGM Classic in Vegas apparently wanting to form a bubble concept in Lexington.  I expect our schedule will be nothing like what we envisioned.  Vegas and Indy are both attempting to put together some major bubble events.

BC against Rhody is on, but will BC come to STL?  It's a two hour drive from Amherst to Boston, a three hour flight from Boston to STL.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If we haven't heard about it by now, I'd say no.

The Dec 5 date now is open.  Maybe, just maybe, we sneak into the 20 team Houston Bubble event which opens Dec 1?

I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, but schools and conferences are scrambling right now. At this point, I think ANYTHING is possible. I’m curious to see what our final schedule looks like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the official notice from the A10:

https://atlantic10.com/news/2020/9/21/mens-basketball-mountain-west-atlantic-10-challenge-series-postponed-for-one-year.aspx

Matchups will be shuffled for next season. 

The Atlantic 10 Conference and Mountain West Conference have mutually agreed to postpone the leagues’ challenge series, originally scheduled to begin in December of 2020. Matchups are slated to be rescheduled for the 2021-22 season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some scheduling news from ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29943344/sources-espn-moving-college-basketball-events-wide-world-sports

Of note: "There is also the potential of "crossover" games, where teams from different events could play against one another outside of their scheduled event or game"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kshoe said:

Some scheduling news from ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29943344/sources-espn-moving-college-basketball-events-wide-world-sports

Of note: "There is also the potential of "crossover" games, where teams from different events could play against one another outside of their scheduled event or game"

-this is bizarre, an article on ESPN written by an ESPN Staff Writer about ESPN bball events and it is claiming "sources" are telling them, it's your house for goodness sake

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kshoe said:

Some scheduling news from ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29943344/sources-espn-moving-college-basketball-events-wide-world-sports

Of note: "There is also the potential of "crossover" games, where teams from different events could play against one another outside of their scheduled event or game"

S D St is also playing in the Orlando bubble so I wonder if a game against them might still be a possibility?    So is Mizzou.  This might be a good time to kick the $h!t out of them on a neutral court without incurring any requirement for future games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

 

 

This seemed to make the most sense.  Why would we go from being in a bubble in Orlando right to being in a different bubble in Houston?  Just stay in Orlando and have games against the plethora of teams that are already there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

This seemed to make the most sense.  Why would we go from being in a bubble in Orlando right to being in a different bubble in Houston?  Just stay in Orlando and have games against the plethora of teams that are already there.

The entire Orlando Bubble Extravaganza is over a two week period.  Our 3 game festival will take, what 3 or at most 4 days?  And it is (was) early in the two week time frame, but schedules are made to be broken.  That could leave 10 days for additional games, pending the site's ability to house all teams for the 2 weeks and someone willing to foot the bill.  There are 47 teams listed in the 8 tourneys (Gonzaga is in two).  Is there room in the Bubble for all teams that want to stay for two weeks? (Need practice and weight room facilities.)  The article says 3 games will going on at one time in the Bubble. 

There will be time after the Orlando Bubble to go to another locale, if that is the plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The entire Orlando Bubble Extravaganza is over a two week period.  Our 3 game festival will take, what 3 or at most 4 days?  And it is (was) early in the two week time frame, but schedules are made to be broken.  That could leave 10 days for additional games, pending the site's ability to house all teams for the 2 weeks and someone willing to foot the bill.  There are 47 teams listed in the 8 tourneys (Gonzaga is in two).  Is there room in the Bubble for all teams that want to stay for two weeks? (Need practice and weight room facilities.)  The article says 3 games will going on at one time in the Bubble. 

There will be time after the Orlando Bubble to go to another locale, if that is the plan.

EVERYBODY JUST STAY HEALTHY, KEEP THE COVID AT BAY, AND WIN!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-this is bizarre, an article on ESPN written by an ESPN Staff Writer about ESPN bball events and it is claiming "sources" are telling them, it's your house for goodness sake

 

A different house in the Disney family of companies is running the decision making process on this.  Iger himself was the guy who was calling the shots for ESPN/Disney on the NBA resumption.  Josh D’Amora probably has more control in setting this up than Jimmy Pitaro.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be one of the most anticipated Billiken seasons in history. We have some straight up ballers on this team and it will be interesting if they can put all the pieces together and do something special.

I think I'm most excited to see how Javonte Perkins game has improved. He has the potential to be an NBA guard and I hope to see him just absolutely take over games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Yuri finding Gibby/Jacobs/Perkins in the corner for the open 3 is my most anticipated.  He is going to give defenses fits this year.  

Watching that video reminds me truly how many weapons Ford will have this year.  I would really like to see a 9-10 man rotation in the beginning to ensure we do not wear down over the course of an entire (weird) season.  

With a 9 man rotation, Jacobs is on paper the #9 and Linssen, Loresntson, Strickland are all watching.  

The competition in practice has to be insane right now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't he go practice by going up and down long flights of stairs after the 2019-20 season was stopped? There are no springs, it is just constant training and a strong will to get where he wants to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I think Yuri finding Gibby/Jacobs/Perkins in the corner for the open 3 is my most anticipated.  He is going to give defenses fits this year.  

Watching that video reminds me truly how many weapons Ford will have this year.  I would really like to see a 9-10 man rotation in the beginning to ensure we do not wear down over the course of an entire (weird) season.  

With a 9 man rotation, Jacobs is on paper the #9 and Linssen, Loresntson, Strickland are all watching.  

The competition in practice has to be insane right now.  

I think Lorentson is going to get some minutes in most games. He is our third big man, so he will see minutes in games where we want to play a big lineup and could pick up significant minutes in games where French gets into foul trouble.  He allows French and Bell to continue to play aggressively, even when they pick up fouls.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...