GDT - Hasenpfeffer (Marinated Bunnie Stew) ....

Taj79

I think you guys are over thinking this, For Bonaventure culture - it is a David vs Goliath thing. Your mind set is that you are a larger Jesuit School and therefore, you must be superior over the smaller Brown Robbed Friars.  Nah aint gonna happen.

Your a GREAT Catholic University, the players know it and they know just how much it means to the Bonnie fans to win and win and win.

Olean is Small Town America and it feels very good considering what is going on in the World today. And it feels good in Olean with all of the locals Whooping it up at the Pulaski Club!

I'm thinking our teams wills meet again in the Play-offs.

Go Bonnies !

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, brownindians said:

I think you guys are over thinking this, For Bonaventure culture - it is a David vs Goliath thing. Your mind set is that you are a larger Jesuit School and therefore, you must be superior over the smaller Brown Robbed Friars.  Nah aint gonna happen.

Your a GREAT Catholic University, the players know it and they know just how much it means to the Bonnie fans to win and win and win.

Olean is Small Town America and it feels very good considering what is going on in the World today. And it feels good in Olean with all of the locals Whooping it up at the Pulaski Club!

I'm thinking our teams wills meet again in the Play-offs.

Go Bonnies !

The only way we would meet again in the A10 Tournament would be in the Championship Game.

See you next year at Chaifetz Arena.

16 minutes ago, brownindians said:

I think you guys are over thinking this, for Bonaventure culture - it is a David vs Goliath thing. Your mind set is that you are a larger jesuit school and therefore, you must be superior over the smaller Brown Robed? Friars.  Nah ain't gonna happen.

You're a GREAT catholic university, the players know it and they know just how much it means to the Bonnie fans to win and win and win.

Olean is Small Town America and it feels very good considering what is going on in the world today. And it feels good in Olean with all of the locals whooping it up at the Pulaski Club!

I'm thinking our teams will meet again in the playoffs.

Go Bonnies !

Sparky Polastry? Was he the dance coach?

Also I fixed all of your grammar and spelling errors. You're welcome.

Littlebill likes this

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Let me put this another way:  St. Louis U is a much bigger and more influential university than St. Bonaventure and should not be losing to St. Bona 9 straight times.

I agree. It’s embarrassing enough that we are in the same conference with St. B. ( and Fordham, Lasalle, etc.) , let alone getting our asses kicked bu them every year.

I’m sorry for your embarrassment at being in the A-10 conference.  I do, however, understand your concern regarding why being such a large and unbelievably influential, well endowed university like Saint Louis University doesn’t automatically mean you will win against an inferior, less well endowed school like St. Bonaventure University.

22 minutes ago, Bona84 said:

I’m sorry for your embarrassment at being in the A-10 conference.  I do, however, understand your concern regarding why being such a large and unbelievably influential, well endowed university like Saint Louis University doesn’t automatically mean you will win against an inferior, less well endowed school like St. Bonaventure University.

Wins and losses happen in sports, but losing 9 in a row shows a problem- on our side.

You have to be a pretty good team to win in Olean.  The A10 teams that beat St. Bonaventure in Olean this year are Dayton, Davidson and VCU. In other words, the top teams in the conference.  We haven't been one of the top teams in the conference in 5 years. 

There was absolutely nothing surprising about yesterday's outcome. On our current trajectory, we're still a couple years away from beating them at their place.

How do you fix a problem? This is the team coming from Bay Area Billiken down to Slu72. I am serious, there are two ways:

1. The quick approach, burn and raze, start all over. This approach tends to make things worse most times. It consists of the following: find scapegoats, dump them, and proclaim the problem is solved and all is well now. Nobody can be cloned. This approach does not work.

2. The slow approach, build upon what you already have in the team. Improve slowly by first building a solid base and then expanding it. This takes time and requires accepting the fact that errors will be made along the way. Of course, this is not a popular approach but it works.

So far this season we have done better than last season. We should continue building on our base for next year (Goodwin, French, Thatch plus developing Hankton and Jacobs). Agree with 3 star.

10 hours ago, slufanskip said:

No sarcasm intended. What is your opinion of what needs to be done to fix it?

as i've been saying all year this team should be playing at ramming speed all the time.   we do not have the outside shooters.   so why do we continue to play hoosier ball?   lifetime below mediocre shooters will not magically be able to shoot 40+% overnight.   what bess accomplished making himself a better shooter took 3 years and an ungodly effort of work and sacrifice.   

meanwhile when we play fast we can create easier opportunites and do not have to rely on 3's.   until we embrace this or change our recruiting to focus on more jimerson's it aint changing anytime soon.  

btw, with the exception of jimerson, we have continued the same recruiting process for next years group.  i.e. it aint gonna change.   easiest fix is change the way we play.  

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

as i've been saying all year this team should be playing at ramming speed all the time.   we do not have the outside shooters.   so why do we continue to play hoosier ball?   

Because that's what Coach Ford has been doing for 20 years., regardless of personnel.  He's not going to change now to appease some folks on a message board.

42 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

as i've been saying all year this team should be playing at ramming speed all the time.   we do not have the outside shooters.   so why do we continue to play hoosier ball?   lifetime below mediocre shooters will not magically be able to shoot 40+% overnight.   what bess accomplished making himself a better shooter took 3 years and an ungodly effort of work and sacrifice.   

meanwhile when we play fast we can create easier opportunites and do not have to rely on 3's.   until we embrace this or change our recruiting to focus on more jimerson's it aint changing anytime soon.  

btw, with the exception of jimerson, we have continued the same recruiting process for next years group.  i.e. it aint gonna change.   easiest fix is change the way we play.  

Except we aren’t good at playing fast either. We don’t run a break well and we don’t make smart decisions with the ball. In addition we are undermanned and look beat at the end of games as it is. I don’t want to imagine the last 10 minutes after playing up tempo all game with 7 players. It’s amazing how we feel the guy who watches them in practice every day has no idea how to beat use his personnel. 

HoosierPal and willie like this

As the game was ending it came down to Coaching, Ford vs Schmitt.  Looks like the teams are pretty evenly matched.

By the way = the Billiken team, coaching staff and visitors are all well taken care of while here in the Enchanted Mountains.

Go Bonnies

BJK likes this

6 minutes ago, brownindians said:

As the game was ending it came down to Coaching, Ford vs Schmitt.  Looks like the teams are pretty evenly matched.

By the way = the Billiken team, coaching staff and visitors are all well taken care of while here in the Enchanted Mountains.

Go Bonnies

Bus drivers all stayed sober did they?

almaman and TheChosenOne like this

17 minutes ago, brownindians said:

Can’t agree with that. Your guys can shoot, ours can’t. Bills were lucky the Bonnies were cold for the first 30 mins.

41 minutes ago, brownindians said:

Go Bonnies

Your team has a proven great coach I hope he never takes another job he is an asset to the A10 conference.

If the Billikens could shoot better then coach Ford looks a lot smarter.

The Billikens are slowly improving and will be able to break the losing streak with SBU.

I am glad you visit our message board you are always respectful.

Bona84, SLU_Lax and TheChosenOne like this

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Except we aren’t good at playing fast either. We don’t run a break well and we don’t make smart decisions with the ball. In addition we are undermanned and look beat at the end of games as it is. I don’t want to imagine the last 10 minutes after playing up tempo all game with 7 players. It’s amazing how we feel the guy who watches them in practice every day has no idea how to beat use his personnel. 

+1

Well said. Give Ford a full team of his players before passing final judgment 

Just now, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

How many years will we say that though. It’s almost year 4

Jgood and Has graduate without a tournament is probably a fair mark. I think Ford is starting to rebuild differently and this incoming class is proof. I think his actual leash is probably a year or two beyond the ‘21 season. 

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Jgood and Has graduate without a tournament is probably a fair mark. I think Ford is starting to rebuild differently and this incoming class is proof. I think his actual leash is probably a year or two beyond the ‘21 season. 

How is it different?