GDT - Hasenpfeffer (Marinated Bunnie Stew) ....

Taj79

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimerson really the only "different" recruit.   Hargrove, perkins, and collins all in the run n gun havoc style that Goodwin and thatch are better suited to as well.   

TheChosenOne and brianstl like this

28 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

How many years will we say that though. It’s almost year 4

So what. You either don't fully understand Situation 2 or your hate for Coach Ford makes you non-objective.  Personally, I would give Ford 2 more years (4 more total) because of Situation 2 .  Ford did his job by bringing in Henriquez (who had sit a full year to play), as well as Graves.  Again, if what they did was so bad, then why not kick them out of school in Fall and allow Coach Ford to replace them?  Instead, the boys were told that it would be a matter of time before they are reinstated.  The Athletic Department too thought they would be reinstated and the boys were moved back onto on-campus housing, the hired investigator ruled in their favor and then Dr. P caved to the anti-male "feminists" from our Title IX Department and nonetheless kicked them out of school -- most likely fearing bad public relations and a decrease in enrollment based upon groundless fears of on campus safety for female students.  Hey, if Dr. P is going to go in that direction, kick 4 guys out of school (1/3 of our team) and wait a year to do that, then Coach Ford deserves an extra 2 years.   And from last year, our team has improved, they play hard and don't quit and we have an impressive class coming in next year.

Why do you want to run Coach Ford out of town?  Who will take our job and do better?  Or do you just like to complain?

dennis_w, wgstl, AGB91 and 2 others like this

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Jimerson really the only "different" recruit.   Hargrove, perkins, and collins all in the run n gun havoc style that Goodwin and thatch are better suited to as well.   

Maybe Coach Ford has our boys run an up tempo offense starting next year.  If not, you are right.  I don't see the outside shooting other than Jimerson.

34 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

If Goodwin does not make the tournament then Ford’s tenure will have been an absolute failure 

I know this isn't PC for this board, but JG hasn't lived up to the hype. OK, he defends and rebounds, but his shot is awful. I can't see anything overwhelmingly bad in his mechanics but he's no three point threat and you don't want him on the line. He needs to step up his game a lot.

23 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think he’s focusing more on 4 year players. I’m starting to think we might  fill all of the open scholarships with 4 years. Maybe one GT if the right situation presents itself but I don’t think they are focusing on that

Graduate transfers arent selected till early summer and with 3 scholarships left to commit you really cant make that statement yet.   

While i dont particularly like graduate transfers, i like the thought of an 8 freshmen class even less and begrudgedly take a couple again in an effort to try to spread the classes out.

The change we need is either a move to adjust the roster towards fords apparent preferred style of play or ford adjusts a style of play that would unleash goodwin, thatch, jacobs, collins, perkins and hargrove.   These players are built for uptempo.   Not shuffle and 5 passes with a shot at the shot clock buzzer

3 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I know this isn't PC for this board, but JG hasn't lived up to the hype. OK, he defends and rebounds, but his shot is awful. I can't see anything overwhelmingly bad in his mechanics but he's no three point threat and you don't want him on the line. He needs to step up his game a lot.

Please provide the link that said two years ago the hype that goodwin was a shooter.   Thanks in advance.  

Btw, before this board gets lost in hype again, collins and Hargrove are the same.   They can be stars in the right system.  Playing for norman dale isnt the right system 

Littlebill likes this

11 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Goodwin hasn’t lived up to my expectations and I think part of it is the system,  but the book on Goodwin has always been that he can’t really shoot but does everything else amazing. Even as a top 60 recruit that was always the Concern .  I blame ford mostly for the underachievement 

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Next year's class would lap our returnees in a 15 foot shooting contest.

praise the lord if you are right. I cannot fulfill Roy's need for proof but I recall thinking it was a given that if he played 35 minutes per game he'd get more than 11 points a game. 

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

praise the lord if you are right. I cannot fulfill Roy's need for proof but I recall thinking it was a given that if he played 35 minutes per game he'd get more than 11 points a game. 

He can’t really shoot very well and he’s not quick enough to get to the hoop. 

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

easiest

I recall B'roy saying JGood's not a 3 point threat. That a lot of his points came on tip ins, some dunks on breaks, and a so so mid range game. But you can't knock his game. He boards, he steals, he plays D, and gets Slop buckets. Three things he should do this off season; fix his shooting mechanics especially for pull up jumpers when he gets out on the breaks, FTs, and posting up more. That's what he did in his 24 pt game. It's difficult for a small guy to handle him down in the post. 

If we have the numbers I'd love to see us up the tempo, but we need 9-10 players to do it. It definitely appears, except for Jimmerson, we've got the athletes to get up and down the floor and close out breaks. 

If there was a 5 on 5 game where Goodwin, Thatch and French are on one side and Yuri, Jimerson and Perkins are on the other side, the latter team is going to win 4 out of 5. I don't care about your rebounding and slightly better defense. The other team has a clear advantage in ball handling, passing and shooting from the field and from the line.

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If there was a 5 on 5 game where Goodwin, Thatch and French are on one side and Yuri, Jimerson and Perkins are on the other side, the latter team is going to win 4 out of 5. I don't care about your rebounding and slightly better defense. The other team has a clear advantage in ball handling, passing and shooting from the field and from the line.

We should all be happy Yuri, Jimerson and Perkins will be wearing a Bills Uni next season.

21 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Ford ought to let 'em scrimmage with those lineups. 

JGood, French, Thatch, Hankton, and Jacobs 

vs

Yuri, Jimmerson, Hargrove, Perkins, and Bell

just roll the ball on the court and say 2 15 minute halves. Let's see who wins. 

Two AC's serve as refs and two AC 'a assigned a team to coach. 

Ford sits in a sky box w/the video guy and just observes. 

I bet you could sell tickets to that practice. 

2 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Logically it's unfair to judge someone when things out of their control affect the teams make up... Don't know how this is missed by so many on this board.

I think there are plenty of things that were within the coaching staff’s control since last spring that are open to criticism. I think many of us questioned roster decisions over the spring and summer as well as overall gameplan for this roster from the opening exhibition game and those concerns were voiced in the moment. For me the coaching staff gets a failing grade for this season. But with what we have coming in added to French/Goodwin/Thatch, I still like the direction of the program even if it is behind where we would have liked to be at this point thru 3 seasons of this coaching staff.

7 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I think there are plenty of things within the coaching staffs control since last spring that are open to criticism. I think many of us questioned roster decisions over the spring and summer as well as overall gameplan for this roster from the opening exhibition game and those concerns were voiced in the moment. For me the coaching staff gets a failing grade for this season. But with what we have coming in added to French/Goodwin/Thatch, I still like the direction of the program even if it is behind where we would have liked to be at this point thru 3 seasons of this coaching staff.

I'd have to disagree with the above. I recall the general consensus of we MBM'ers was that our front line was going to be one of the best in the country. And when we added Isabell we pretty much all agreed we needed a proven D1 scorer at the Guard position. And he was being pursued by some P5 schools. As for Wiley, it was there's really no downside. He's either healthy or not. And Jacobs was getting the towel me welcome all over the place on here. 

It was when the roster started falling apart and the initial games were showing this team is just coming together like it should that the dread started take hold. I guess you can lay that off on the staff, but you can't blame them for a bad roster construction. 

Zink likes this

33 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

For me the coaching staff gets a failing grade for this season.

A failing grade!!?? That's ridiculous. IMHO, the turning point to the season was when Gordon quit. The Bills would probably have, at least 3 more W's and a double bye if he stayed. In addition, Santos and Welmer were lost. Is that on the coaching staff? Despite a crap offense, for most of the season, the team defense was stellar. Surely the coaching staff gets some credit for that.

It's not over yet, but I'm sure for most of us, this season did not meet our expectations. That doesn't mean it was a failure. I thoroughly enjoyed watching almost every game. There were only a couple blow out losses; the Bills were competitive in almost every game. This season was the best we've had in several years. Despite the obstacles, every year TFord has given us a better team. He's never going to be Rick Majerus, but he is moving the Billikens in the right direction.

Zink and RiseOfTheBillikens like this

46 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I'd have to disagree with the above. I recall the general consensus of we MBM'ers was that our front line was going to be one of the best in the country. And when we added Isabell we pretty much all agreed we needed a proven D1 scorer at the Guard position. And he was being pursued by some P5 schools. As for Wiley, it was there's really no downside. He's either healthy or not. And Jacobs was getting the towel me welcome all over the place on here. 

It was when the roster started falling apart and the initial games were showing this team is just coming together like it should that the dread started take hold. I guess you can lay that off on the staff, but you can't blame them for a bad roster construction. 

I don’t claim to be part of some Billiken fan consensus, but overall I agree to disagree on this one since I don’t see much need criticizing the program when I do like the roster on paper going forward and appreciate where we are compared to the program the coaching staff took over.

14 minutes ago, David King said:

It's not over yet, but I'm sure for most of us, this season did not meet our expectations. That doesn't mean it was a failure. I thoroughly enjoyed watching almost every game.

That’s fair. I was mostly going pass/fail and I said fail since they didn’t meet expectations (and I could layout my specific critiques since the end of last season, but I don’t see the point). I like where the program is headed and that this staff got us out of the huge ditch the previous staff put us in, so I’m not going to argue the point. I now realize why I don’t often waste my time posting critical things on this board, but I’m hung over and wasn’t using my best judgment.

I didn’t get much enjoyment from watching this team, maybe a couple of games (the 2nd half of senior night for sure), but overall this season has been a letdown for me.