Tramaine Isabell - 2018 Commit - Grad Transfer

JMM28

With 13 scholarships full, we now have indirect official confirmation on Jermaine Bishop.

Also, Jalen Johnson must feel like the girl who just broke up with you but got replaced in like two weeks and is now maybe a little jealous. "Wait, you're supposed to be getting over me still..."

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

when i made my goodwin 40 minutes statement that was of course sarcasm.   i know that wont happen.  and ford will try to use whatever means he can to get through it with isabell, thor, thatch maybe even bess.    but there will likely be a drop off during that period that will be significant.   i hope i am wrong.  but none of the aforementioned are touted as combo guard/point guards so we still have questions about the team.  

now with that set up for a dismal i told you so sometime next february, i want to go on record saying this is pretty dam exciting.   i mean a starting five that is probably the most well rounded ever and a pretty decent bench with the one exception.   nitpicking a backup point guard seems pretty small potatoes.   people need to be buying billiken blue wear NOW.

Isabell has always been a PG/combo.  

27 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

first great get.   does give what appears to be a complete starting lineup.   that said, we better hope goodwin can play 40 minutes every game because i dont see a backup point guard on the roster.  

While not truly a point guard, Isabell is more of a combo guard and can play some minutes at the point.

Time to ordain the whole team into the Jesuit Order and they all take the vow of celibacy. Not that that vow ever stopped a Jebbie from seeking earthly pleasures. But, seriously, please everyone stay out of trouble. Storm warnings are up everywhere.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is going to be fun ride.  We have never had this much natural talent on the roster.  

Would be interesting to do a player by player comparison between the upcoming season’s team and the Kwamain senior year team. 

After last season you have to be pumped if you are a true Bills fan. What other schools were we in competition for Isabell's services. I see a road trip in my future as this team has real chance to get us back to the Big Dance!

7 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

This will be a top 25 team by the end of the season. Between a 4-8 seed in the NCAAT. 

My only concern other than a suspension or injury is the team meshing together well. 7/8 newcomers.

If you are in the top 25 then you will be at least a 4 and probably a 3.

5 minutes ago, Schasz said:

After last season you have to be pumped if you are a true Bills fan. What other schools were we in competition for Isabell's services. I see a road trip in my future as this team has real chance to get us back to the Big Dance!

From what I’ve seen, Isabell was recruited by Xavier, Seton Hall, Boston College and Arizona State.

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

If you are in the top 25 then you will be at least a 4 and probably a 3.

There are 25 teams in the top 25. 4 teams per seed. So you’re most likely a 1-8 seed if your there. St Mary’s was there last season at the end and didn’t make it though so you never know.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Not exactly. 34% isn't great but not terrible, either. He probably won't be taking 5.3 per game, as he did at Drexel, so I'd like to see his percentages improve with a better shot selection at SLU, where he won't be used to quite the same degree offensively. (Edit: He shot 47.4% from the field, so that's probably where the number is coming from.)

Yes.  50 of 147 for Drexel (34.0%), 79 of 250 (31.6%) for career 3FG. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

when i made my goodwin 40 minutes statement that was of course sarcasm.   i know that wont happen.  and ford will try to use whatever means he can to get through it with isabell, thor, thatch maybe even bess.    but there will likely be a drop off during that period that will be significant.   i hope i am wrong.  but none of the aforementioned are touted as combo guard/point guards so we still have questions about the team.  

now with that set up for a dismal i told you so sometime next february, i want to go on record saying this is pretty dam exciting.   i mean a starting five that is probably the most well rounded ever and a pretty decent bench with the one exception.   nitpicking a backup point guard seems pretty small potatoes.   people need to be buying billiken blue wear NOW.

Jacobs can play point.  Have high expectations that he will be in the rotation.  Prep guy who played high level competition last year.

And Isabell was a 3 star pg out of high school.  https://247sports.com/Player/Tramaine-Isabell-32891/high-school-53272

HoosierPal and VeniceMenace like this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

With 13 scholarships full, we now have indirect official confirmation on Jermaine Bishop.

Also, Jalen Johnson must feel like the girl who just broke up with you but got replaced in like two weeks and is now maybe a little jealous. "Wait, you're supposed to be getting over me still..."

Bishop isn’t coming back but this doesn’t affect that at all. It’s not like he would’ve returned next season, so our current scholarship count is somewhat irrelevant.

31 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

There are 25 teams in the top 25. 4 teams per seed. So you’re most likely a 1-8 seed if your there. St Mary’s was there last season at the end and didn’t make it though so you never know.

There are 8 1st and 2nd round sites.  That means to be a 4th seed you are likely in the top 32 so if you are a top 25 you will be at least a 4th and probably a 3 in some cases.

9 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

There are 8 1st and 2nd round sites.  That means to be a 4th seed you are likely in the top 32 so if you are a top 25 you will be at least a 4th and probably a 3 in some cases.

4 Regionals seeded 1 to 16.  4 seeds at 1 to 4.  4 times 4 = 16 top 4 seeds.

14 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Your premise is wrong here. There are 4 regions that each have 4 teams seeded 1-4... that means the 16th best team (according to the committee) is the last 4-seed. Teams 17-24 make up the 5-6 seeds, while the 25th would get a 7 seed.

Edit: @WVBilliken beat me to the punch

19 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Jacobs can play point.  Have high expectations that he will be in the rotation.  Prep guy who played high level competition last year.

And Isabell was a 3 star pg out of high school.  https://247sports.com/Player/Tramaine-Isabell-32891/high-school-53272

I agree and think Jacobs gets overlooked here because he didn’t play locally.

We all know who is starting.

Top depth off the bench seems to be Santos, Foreman Jacobs....but Thatch or one of the other freshman may emerge. Then again Welmer could be around....