Tramaine Isabell - 2018 Commit - Grad Transfer

JMM28

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JMM28 said:

Holy sh!t that is big news! We needed this one. Yesterday I was perusing the remaining available grad transfers and it was very slim pickings. Getting a player like this who fills an obvious need is a huge get. This will take some pressure off the three freshmen guards and give them more time to develop. Great job Ford & co!

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Is that Pitbull in the background?  That is what I like to hear.

Fixed. If true (and I can't find anywhere else besides Frank) this is pretty huge news. 

Just now, Franchise_08 said:

Is this a tourney team now?

The biggest question to me is how quick they can play to their potential and how tough the non-conference schedule will be. I think they are a favorite for the A10 title, which should make them an at large team at worst.

FIREBALL!!!!!!!!!!

His commitment makes sense because he can play with French, CAG, Bess, and JGOOD which I think is better than the 4 he would play with at X or BC.

This is the missing piece and now I see us as the top 2 teams in the A10.

It is good to be a Billiken's fan.

Just now, Franchise_08 said:

Not without an outside shooter we weren’t 

I was prettttty confident we would win the A10 next year. Therefore, tourney bound. 

Just now, CBFan said:

FIREBALL!!!!!!!!!!

His commitment makes sense because he can play with French, CAG, Bess, and JGOOD which I think is better than the 4 he would play with at X or BC.

This is the missing piece and now I see us as the top 2 teams in the A10.

It is good to be a Billiken's fan.

We were already the best team in the A10. We just added one of the best grad transfers in the country.

Get excited.

SLURadioBoy likes this

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

We need the towel man.

He's exactly what the team needs in terms of his skill set. He's a big-time scorer who can also distribute. He wasn't a personality fit at Mizzou, so there are going to be some natural questions about chemistry. He wasn't the most efficient player at Drexel and definitely wanted the ball in hands with no fear of shooting. But Ford clearly wanted this guy badly, he had a relationship with Tate, and he's got the skills we were short on. This has potential to be a home run grad transfer.

New scholarship chart:

SR: Bess, Foreman, Isabell

JR: Santos

SO: Goodwin, French, Welmer

FR: Gordon, Thatch, Pearson, Gudmundsson, Jacobs, Hankton

By position:

Guards: Goodwin, Isabell, Thatch, Gudmundsson, Jacobs

Wings/Stretch Forwards: Bess, Welmer, Pearson, Hankton

Bigs: French, Gordon, Santos, Foreman

This is a super versatile, mostly multi-position roster with a lot of possibilities to adjust based on opponents. You could run Goodwin-Isabell-Bess-Gordon-French and just relentlessly attack less athletic teams. It'll be interesting to see how it works when this fall rolls around, but man, SLU has never had a roster like this before. I'm excited.