Tramaine Isabell - 2018 Commit - Grad Transfer

JMM28

3 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I know his stats were previously posted but per Stu, Tramaine shot 47% from 3.  I need a couple of beach towels. 

Not exactly. 34% isn't great but not terrible, either. He probably won't be taking 5.3 per game, as he did at Drexel, so I'd like to see his percentages improve with a better shot selection at SLU, where he won't be used to quite the same degree offensively. (Edit: He shot 47.4% from the field, so that's probably where the number is coming from.)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first great get.   does give what appears to be a complete starting lineup.   that said, we better hope goodwin can play 40 minutes every game because i dont see a backup point guard on the roster.  

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He's exactly what the team needs in terms of his skill set. He's a big-time scorer who can also distribute. He wasn't a personality fit at Mizzou, so there are going to be some natural questions about chemistry. He wasn't the most efficient player at Drexel and definitely wanted the ball in hands with no fear of shooting. But Ford clearly wanted this guy badly, he had a relationship with Tate, and he's got the skills we were short on. This has potential to be a home run grad transfer.

New scholarship chart:

SR: Bess, Foreman, Isabell

JR: Santos

SO: Goodwin, French, Welmer

FR: Gordon, Thatch, Pearson, Gudmundsson, Jacobs, Hankton

By position:

Guards: Goodwin, Isabell, Thatch, Gudmundsson, Jacobs

Wings/Stretch Forwards: Bess, Welmer, Pearson, Hankton

Bigs: French, Gordon, Santos, Foreman

This is a super versatile, mostly multi-position roster with a lot of possibilities to adjust based on opponents. You could run Goodwin-Isabell-Bess-Gordon-French and just relentlessly attack less athletic teams. It'll be interesting to see how it works when this fall rolls around, but man, SLU has never had a roster like this before. I'm excited.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

first great get.   does give what appears to be a complete starting lineup.   that said, we better hope goodwin can play 40 minutes every game because i dont see a backup point guard on the roster.  

If there is a deficiency in personnel, you hit it.  Hopefully, Isabell and one of the freshman can carry the load at pg when Goodwin isn’t on the floor

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He's exactly what the team needs in terms of his skill set. He's a big-time scorer who can also distribute. He wasn't a personality fit at Mizzou, so there are going to be some natural questions about chemistry. He wasn't the most efficient player at Drexel and definitely wanted the ball in hands with no fear of shooting. But Ford clearly wanted this guy badly, he had a relationship with Tate, and he's got the skills we were short on. This has potential to be a home run grad transfer.

New scholarship chart:

SR: Bess, Foreman, Isabell

JR: Santos

SO: Goodwin, French, Welmer

FR: Gordon, Thatch, Pearson, Gudmundsson, Jacobs, Hankton

By position:

Guards: Goodwin, Isabell, Thatch, Gudmundsson, Jacobs

Wings/Stretch Forwards: Bess, Welmer, Pearson, Hankton

Bigs: French, Gordon, Santos, Foreman

This is a super versatile, mostly multi-position roster with a lot of possibilities to adjust based on opponents. You could run Goodwin-Isabell-Bess-Gordon-French and just relentlessly attack less athletic teams. It'll be interesting to see how it works when this fall rolls around, but man, SLU has never had a roster like this before. I'm excited.

Absolutely this guy is a baller!  Saw a stat that Isabell was involved in 39% of Drexel's points as either an assist or scoring.  Will draw a crowd and open up a lot for the big boys inside.  Man, are we going to be fun to watch!!!

Just now, billiken_roy said:

Isabell can play the point, too. 

Great get for the coaching staff!

The key question now is can we get the season started before situation 3 hits. For all the talent on the roster, there is likely to be stormy Weathers, er seas ahead.

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

From what I've read, I believe Isabell can play some minutes as a point. He had 3.4 apg which is pretty good for a guy who scored so much. Also, Ford said Thor can play some minutes at the point.

2 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

St. Joe's, really? Newkirk and Demery are big losses. They'll be solid, maybe even land around the same spot this season, but I'd look at Davidson as the other team to beat.

Finally, after all the dead-end clicks on this board over the last two months waiting to hear of signees, we have two good days in a row. Got Kool and the Gang playing Celebrate in the background right now!

18 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I know his stats were previously posted but per Stu, Tramaine shot 47% from 3.  I need a couple of beach towels. 

47% was FGs.  He shot 34% from 3.

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I fully expect JG to play tons of minutes, but does anybody know whether Isabell can slide over and play the point when Goodwin isn't in the game? 

1 minute ago, SShoe said:

I fully expect JG to play tons of minutes, but does anybody know whether Isabell can slide over and play the point when Goodwin isn't in the game? 

Yes he can - over 3 apg. And Thor can play it a bit too.

17 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

Absolutely this guy is a baller!  Saw a stat that Isabell was involved in 39% of Drexel's points as either an assist or scoring.  Will draw a crowd and open up a lot for the big boys inside.  Man, are we going to be fun to watch!!!

when i made my goodwin 40 minutes statement that was of course sarcasm.   i know that wont happen.  and ford will try to use whatever means he can to get through it with isabell, thor, thatch maybe even bess.    but there will likely be a drop off during that period that will be significant.   i hope i am wrong.  but none of the aforementioned are touted as combo guard/point guards so we still have questions about the team.  

now with that set up for a dismal i told you so sometime next february, i want to go on record saying this is pretty dam exciting.   i mean a starting five that is probably the most well rounded ever and a pretty decent bench with the one exception.   nitpicking a backup point guard seems pretty small potatoes.   people need to be buying billiken blue wear NOW.