Grad Transfer & JUCO Tracker

ACE

Malik is talented. The problem is Dead didn't know how to coach it, ie get him under control. The way Dead coached his recruits, no apparent system and no inconsistent lineups, would have confused even the great UCLA teams of the 60's and the 70's. We'll never really know what his recruits, save for Jolly and Gilmann, could have accomplished had they had a decent HC. Not saying they would have been great or a dance team, but maybe more competitive than what we saw in those two disastrous seasons.  

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I don't think anybody has said they expect him to put up the numbers that he did at Samford. I would expect something between Bama and Samford. When he next suits up, he'll be three years older than when he last played at Bama. I would expect a more efficient player than he was back then. The assist and free throw shooting alone make him a great addition and even if his 3-point percentage dropped, he would still figure to be the second best threat on our roster. Agree that he would be better than Austin. No doubt. He'd be a great fit and I would expect him to start. Unfortunately this Texas visit might throw a wrench into things. Disappointing.

I agree with a great fit and the Texas visit is disappointing but how do you feel about Thatch getting the open guard spot?

Hopefully he likes coach Ford, the Cardinals and the cooler weather in St. Louis better than Texas.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Here's a shooter for you...

Who cares if you can hit a bunch of unguarded jumpers from one spot on the floor with no clock, no game flow, and no reason to move because you've got a rebounder?  That doesn't make you worthy of a Div. 1 scholarship.  Let me know when they give scholarships for and sell tickets for games of H-O-R-S-E!

44 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Who cares if you can hit a bunch of unguarded jumpers from one spot on the floor with no clock, no game flow, and no reason to move because you've got a rebounder?  That doesn't make you worthy of a Div. 1 scholarship.  Let me know when they give scholarships for and sell tickets for games of H-O-R-S-E!

foul line 57" closer. we'd surely look at player who could got 115 of 117 shots from there.

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

foul line 57" closer. we'd surely look at player who could got 115 of 117 shots from there.

Only if he's doing that during the flow of a game -- playing defense, running the floor, etc. -- and actually had the skills to get to the free throw line at the high-major level.  Just because someone can shoot 98% from the stripe with no pressure or stress doesn't mean he can do that in a real game.  I bet that percentage would drop considerably.  Does he have the talent to get to the line?

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think you missed my sarcasm towards those who just want a shooter.

11 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This tool(no sarcasm) tweeted this like it's a picture of a puppy on facebook saying "I bet I won't even get one share". What a fuoking d@uche

You posted this hoping for reactions like it's a picture of a puppy on facebook saying "I bet I won't even get one share". 

Bobby Metzinger likes this

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Only if he's doing that during the flow of a game -- playing defense, running the floor, etc. -- and actually had the skills to get to the free throw line at the high-major level.  Just because someone can shoot 98% from the stripe with no pressure or stress doesn't mean he can do that in a real game.  I bet that percentage would drop considerably.  Does he have the talent to get to the line?

Do you think anyone on our team in pressure less scenario hits 115-117 from the charity stripe? I doubt iFrench would add more than 5% improvement myself. I have NFI just figuring.

26 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This tool(no sarcasm) tweeted this like it's a picture of a puppy on facebook saying "I bet I won't even get one share". What a fuoking d@uche

I was more impressed by the video displaying the lowest vertical on an outside shot in the history of basketball. 

2 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I was more impressed by the video displaying the lowest vertical on an outside shot in the history of basketball. 

115/117 is also how many times that shot would be blocked in D1. Low release point, no vertical. 

CBFan likes this