Grad Transfer & JUCO Tracker

ACE

Just now, brianstl said:

If this is the play here, I don’t think it will work this time.  Unlike the Illini with Watson, Iowa can block Cook from going to a specific school.  If they think Martin tampered they will block Mizzou.

Then Gary Parrish and Jay Bilas will write articles roasting Fran and Cook will get a full release 

(i am not ready to admit it may be a possibility yet)

teamarete likes this

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Probably because as soon as there's a rumor about a player possibly coming to Mizzou, he will suddenly get thousands of @s with no end in sight. I bet it had more to do with quieting the noise around him for the near future than anything else.

Mizzou fans are crazy when it comes to tweeting at players that are playing at another school or already signed at another school.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Mizzou fans are crazy when it comes to tweeting at players that are playing at another school or already signed at another school.

Yeah, just check out Carteare Gordon's mentions sometime.  JFC Mizzou twitter is desperate.

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

6 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Yeah, just check out Carteare Gordon's mentions sometime.  JFC Mizzou twitter is desperate.

Gordon is still getting a barrage of Mizzou tweets every day.

This isn't specific to Mizzou. They're definitely more aggressive than most other schools we go head-to-head on recruits with, though. Big Ten fans are bad, too, so Illinois fans can be pretty crazy.

It's not that hard to resist the urge to tweet at a HS or college player in the hopes of recruiting them to your school. Take like 2 seconds to think about it, and you realize it's tacky and unhelpful.

Sometimes I'll @ a player already on our roster (or committed/signed), and only if it's positive. Welcome to SLU, the future is bright, great performance tonight - things like that being the general message. But that's it. No adult should be out there pestering high school (or even college) kids on Twitter.

51 minutes ago, Pistol said:

No adult should be out there pestering high school (or even college) kids on Twitter.

It's akin to grown men wearing NHL or NFL jerseys with (or without) the number 69: have some self-respect, you just look creepy and desperate.

Similar to you, I will send a "congrats" or "welcome" tweet but that is very rare.

59 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Gordon is still getting a barrage of Mizzou tweets every day.

This isn't specific to Mizzou. They're definitely more aggressive than most other schools we go head-to-head on recruits with, though. Big Ten fans are bad, too, so Illinois fans can be pretty crazy.

It's not that hard to resist the urge to tweet at a HS or college player in the hopes of recruiting them to your school. Take like 2 seconds to think about it, and you realize it's tacky and unhelpful.

Sometimes I'll @ a player already on our roster (or committed/signed), and only if it's positive. Welcome to SLU, the future is bright, great performance tonight - things like that being the general message. But that's it. No adult should be out there pestering high school (or even college) kids on Twitter.

Lets play this game for a moment - lets say Gordon changes his mind.  He has to ask for his release and even if Ford gives it to him he can limit the schools he can go to so why would Ford not say no to Missouri or IL or whatever if he thought those schools were on his list.  Maybe these knuckleheads don't know this.

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Lets play this game for a moment - lets say Gordon changes his mind.  He has to ask for his release and even if Ford gives it to him he can limit the schools he can go to so why would Ford not say no to Missouri or IL or whatever if he thought those schools were on his list.  Maybe these knuckleheads don't know this.

I don't believe schools can restrict releases from NLIs. They can only restrict releases for players that have been on scholarship - which is where you get some of the bad PR that has happened to schools in the past. 

16 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I don't believe schools can restrict releases from NLIs. They can only restrict releases for players that have been on scholarship - which is where you get some of the bad PR that has happened to schools in the past. 

The bad PR normally comes when a school blocks an entire conference or won't grant a release at all like Snyder as been known to do with K St. Football.  It normally doesn't happen when it is one or two select schools.

25 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

21 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Cheeseman, as JMM said, a complete release from a letter of intent must be unconditional. (See #3.)

10 hours ago, slu72 fan said:

Wonder if he’s at Chaifetz tomorrow?

If he is, he won't be treated like a recruit, sitting behind the bench, going into the locker room, etc

I don't know that we need what he brings but it would make a nice recruiting class with HF and JG.

Jordan Goodwin just liked the following tweet from Tyler Cook:

Turn your obstacles into opportunities. Everything we endure in life brings the opportunity to learn and grow our faith In God

So many ways to interpret that one.