Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I tried to understand this, I’m drunk can anyone give me the cliff notes 

Weathers learned about Title IX procedures from the outside group that conducted the investigation. Therefore, the Weathers probably didn’t go rogue with her decision. The players were doomed from the beginning.

39 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I tried to understand this, I’m drunk can anyone give me the cliff notes 

Rosenblum doesn’t care if the punishments are reduced. He is declaring war. He is going to fight for complete and total exoneration of his clients. 

NextYearBill likes this

It’s obvious to anyone that has paid attention to this whole thing it is an incredible farce and miscarriage of justice. The only real question at this point is whether there are powerful enough people at SLU to step in and put an end to it. We’ll likely have our answer next week...

LindellWest likes this

5 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Weathers learned about Title IX procedures from the outside group that conducted the investigation. Therefore, the Weathers probably didn’t go rogue with her decision. The players were doomed from the beginning.

This makes me circle back to the question, then, of why we saw some positive signs before her decision. The missing players in the team photo on the George Mason trip, more positive things being said on twitter, and so forth. They wouldn't have done that unless they expected a positive outcome.

The tweet quoted the 2014 investigation. I almost forgot about that. To remind you all, a man about to graduate in 2014 was accused of sexual assault despite several witnesses in defense of the man, and the fact they walked to her place, she packed an overnight bag, and then they walked 1 mile to his place. 

Another reminder SLU title 9 has a bad history that Scott will delve into. Slu is going down hard in a lawsuit that hopefully is well funded 

1 minute ago, mrjoelabs said:

Just trying to keep score here..

Have "The Three" still been practicing and traveling since the announcement? Are they still on campus? Have not seen this discussed

2 of the 3 have been mia from practice since shortly after the news broke/presumably the appeals started

57 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This makes me circle back to the question, then, of why we saw some positive signs before her decision. The missing players in the team photo on the George Mason trip, more positive things being said on twitter, and so forth. They wouldn't have done that unless they expected a positive outcome.

My take is because the AD was blindsided/clueless

14 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

Yeah the SLU basketball players are the victims. That is laughable. [They are victims of a system that is perceived as impartial and biased and it is no laughing matter and they will get their redress in civil court where they will win money].  

You and billikenroy (who is worried about the rebuild and not the fact these players were extremely stupid) plus many other posters only care how it impacts the basketball team. [Don't assume sinister motives.  You obviously haven't been paying attention.  I was always concerned about the allegations and wanted a fair investigation to find the truth.  In fact, I repeatedly fully supported Pestello UNTIL learning recently of the many red flags showing this was conducted in a completely biased atmosphere]

In the private sector that is how people are fired. [Maybe.  In today's politically correct world any accusation against a male could hurt, but it would be survivable if nothing was done at work and no crime occurred - like what appears to have happened in this case.]

Go back to your slandering ways Tilkowsky

And the people making the decision probably support Sanctuary Cities......What a shame.  It's ok to them to let people roam free that entered the country illegally.   Some of them commit horrendous crimes and these young men get caught doing something they should not have, yet it goes on all over campuses, and they get penalized to the max?  The penalty does not match the crime.

Bobby Metzinger likes this

8 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

While I'm sure Brian will answer for himself, I will interject that he's supposing it because Rosenblum is feeding the information to Gardner, who's tweeting it out.

8 hours ago, brianstl said:

This

Thank you

22 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

Yeah the SLU basketball players are the victims. That is laughable. Players who exhibit conduct unbecoming of a SLU Varsity basketball player.

You and billikenroy (who is worried about the rebuild and not the fact these players were extremely stupid) plus many other posters only care how it impacts the basketball team.

Somebody else said that Ms. Weathers has done this before. Yet provided no proof. Not surprising there was no proof just an allegation.

As far as Earlywine goes - a SLU poster defending a Mizzou coach. In my opinion the AD didn't owe Earlywine any explanation. The coaches serve at the pleasure of the AD. Similar to how the Attorney General and FBI Director serve at the pleasure of the President.

In the private sector that is how people are fired. So you condemn the acedemic laden Title IX process - yet when they do something similar to the private sector you complain about that.

Sorry folks you can't have it both ways.

So young men (and women) like group sex. Big deal. They're all adults. Well, all those without buyer's remorse turned whatever are all adults. I don't care who any student at SLU or any other institution has sex with - as long as it's consensual it's none of my (and your) business.

So if you're fired from your job, you don't even ask why? And if you do ask, you'll accept the response of "I'm your boss and you serve at my pleasure". Whatever, dude. I don't think so.

3 hours ago, William Iken said:

So young men (and women) like group sex. Big deal. They're all adults. Well, all those without buyer's remorse turned whatever are all adults. I don't care who any student at SLU or any other institution has sex with - as long as it's consensual it's none of my (and your) business.

So if you're fired from your job, you don't even ask why? And if you do ask, you'll accept the response of "I'm your boss and you serve at my pleasure". Whatever, dude. I don't think so.

Please put tilkowsky on ignore. Not worth your time.

Edited by Quality Is Job 1

I am beginning to think that the consensual sex is not the issue here.   From the girl's attorney statement it sounds like the issue is the non consensual (alleged) picture/video taking as well as the release no matter how inadvertent.  This may be good news in the sense that if only one or two took the pictures and only one released it by mistake then the other two may not have a huge problem.  Given that AD and Graves have left and Bishop and JG are still on campus I can not help to wonder if they know what the decision from the appeal will basically be.

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I am beginning to think that the consensual sex is not the issue here.   From the girl's attorney statement it sounds like the issue is the non consensual (alleged) picture/video taking as well as the release no matter how inadvertent.  This may be good news in the sense that if only one or two took the pictures and only one released it by mistake then the other two may not have a huge problem.  Given that AD and Graves have left and Bishop and JG are still on campus I can not help to wonder if they know what the decision from the appeal will basically be.

I agree with this. Interestingly, the statement never mentioned any distribution of the pictures/video, just the taking of without "consent".

On 2/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, JettFlight5 said:

This is a fan message board if you haven’t figured that out yet. So people caring about the basketball team are probably going to post here.  The players were not charged, nor were they arrested. The United States once had a cool concept of “innocent until proven guilty”. If the players were convicted of a crime, this thread would be a hell of a lot shorter, because I don’t think most SLU fans would defend convicted offenders. 

They were not convicted of a criminal act....so connect the dots. 

So because they didn't get arrested everything is ok? When did SLU become Baylor?

No I understand fans would be posting on the basketball team - what is disappointing are the low standards fans hold the players to in regards to their behavior (they didn't get arrested so everything is ok). thought SLU was a Catholic University whose job it was to teach morals and ethics?

Clocktower - what the players did wrong was have an orgy, film it, post the encounter onlne. Not criminal. Morally bankrupt though.

Bizziken I hate to disappoint but I am a SLU grad. I am not ever leaving.

One question no one has answered (Doesn't the bad behavior by the team members suspend you bother you? Having  an orgy, filming it and posting it online? Is that the type of behavior you want from the basketball players at SLU? Does that represent the University well?

The girls behavior is reprehensible as well. However they didn't film it and post it online.

They also aren't high profile members of the University. The guys are. The basketball players should be held to a higher standard than the rest of the student body.

Class of 1990 likes this

4 minutes ago, GoBills73 said:

I agree with this. Interestingly, the statement never mentioned any distribution of the pictures/video, just the taking of without "consent".

The real interesting part is the claim they were made with their knowledge, just not their consent. To me, if you know you are being filmed having sex and don't object. It is implied consent.

slufanskip and William Iken like this