Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I have to think that with the Terrance Phillips saga just starting to unravel, the chances of Mizzou taking any transfers that were suspended or expelled from another school for Title IX violations is approaching 0%.

Great point

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

It seems fairly evident that you have some insight into the situation and/or the status of the situation.  Why not just say something to the effect "I've heard from folks close to the situation and based on what i'm told, this is not true"? Or better yet, offer up some details of what you know, if possible.  

this is my view of almost all the tweets posted on S2 except Stu's.

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

I have to think that with the Terrance Phillips saga just starting to unravel, the chances of Mizzou taking any transfers that were suspended or expelled from another school for Title IX violations is approaching 0%.

Probably true for many/most schools these days.

9 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Probably true for many/most schools these days.

Which makes what SLU is doing even worse.  Goodwin will be OK.  Coaches and ADs will take the potential backlash with Goodwin because you can build a program around him.  The others guys are going to have a much harder time finding good landing spots if the initial ruling is held up.  Not only is SLU labeling these guys sexual predators for the rest of there lives, they are going to put them in a spot where it is going to be hard to continue their education.

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Which makes what SLU is doing even worse.  Goodwin will be OK.  Coaches and ADs will take the potential backlash with Goodwin because you can build a program around him.  The others guys are going to have a much harder time finding good landing spots if the initial ruling is held up.  Not only is SLU labeling these guys sexual predators for the rest of there lives, they are going to put them in a spot where it is going to be hard to continue their education.

I find it ironic that SLU essentially ended the educational opportunities for at least 3 young men in the name of "justice" 

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Robby Soave has done some interesting stuff on about what happens to these guys. I am not on twitter but someone who is should see if he is aware of the SLU situation. He may be who Emily Yoffe was talking about yesterday about passing on my on my email. We need to get some national media on this to put pressure on SLU

14 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Agreed. All because the girls didn't explicitly say stop photographing me, instead expecting the boys to be mind readers that they objected without saying anything or changing their actions.

7 minutes ago, St. Lunatic said:

Sorry if I'm missing something, but how do we know that Goodwin wasn't a participant and just walked in?

We really don't know anything about the details of the situation; everything is just leaks.  But it seems there are a number of posters here who have a superstition about thinking the worst so that it won't happen.

8 minutes ago, St. Lunatic said:

Sorry if I'm missing something, but how do we know that Goodwin wasn't a participant and just walked in?

Read back a few pages and you'll see it. Nobody KNOWS anything and it was all speculation.

The fact he has played and others haven't would suggest his involvement is materially different than the others.

This town could really use a Bryan Burwell or Joe Strauss right about now.  Two guys that had the interest in the program, experience in the media and the credentials needed to survive the backlash in today's environment that writing honestly about this issue would require.  This isn't meant as a shot at BenFred and Hochman.  If I was in their shoes I would have to really consider treading lightly, also.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This town could really use a Bryan Burwell or Joe Strauss right about now.  Two guys that had the interest in the program, experience in the media and the credentials needed to survive the backlash in today's environment that writing honestly about this issue would require.  This isn't meant as a shot at BenFred and Hochman.  If I was in their shoes I would have to really consider treading lightly, also.

Agreed. Ben Fred definitely sees the unjustness in what is occuring, but is treading lightly. I wish Ortiz would dig into and take a stand. Nobody likes him anyway so take a view and run with it. Bernie showing absolutely no interest is also odd. Goes to show everyone is so scared of seeming insensitive to women's issues that they won't stand up for what is right.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

-BenFred has an article on-line today about a T9 investigation at another 'scool', so on some levels he isn't afraid of the subject

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

Agreed. Ben Fred definitely sees the unjustness in what is occuring, but is treading lightly. I wish Ortiz would dig into and take a stand. Nobody likes him anyway so take a view and run with it. Bernie showing absolutely no interest is also odd. Goes to show everyone is so scared of seeming insensitive to women's issues that they won't stand up for what is right.

-that is fantastic!

Box and Won and BrockL like this

5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-BenFred has an article on-line today about a T9 investigation at another 'scool', so on some levels he isn't afraid of the subject

I don't think he or Hochman are necessarily afraid of the subject.  They are afraid of the backlash a really honest deep dive on the SLU case might create.  BenFred made sue he pointed at what is going on at SLU is different in his column today, but that is about as far as he will go.  Heck,  Hochman got attacked by people for his Dayton game column which approached the situation about as gingerly as you can.

11 minutes ago, kshoe said:

The man wrote a glowing eulogy for a priest who protected pedophiles. Ortiz isn't afraid to write anything, no matter how stupid or offensive. 

Box and Won likes this

Checked out some of Robby's work and this guy has produced some very good reads on the the insanity that is the current Title IX climate. This case below is honestly scary how similar it is to what is happening at SLU right now. Can't wait for his take on the SLU situation.

24 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Ben Fred is the only Post writer worth reading in my opinion.I don't blame his cautious approach to this mess. At least he's writing about it. 

100% agree with your take on Ortiz. 

Used to love Bernie but his haters now own so much real estate inside his head, his show is unbearable . I also wonder if he's even allowed  to comment on it since SLU's games are broadcast(ed?) on 101 ESPN. I'm guessing it doesn't really matter but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Ben Fred is the only Post writer worth reading in my opinion.I don't blame his cautious approach to this mess. At least he's writing about it. 

100% agree with your take on Ortiz. 

Used to love Bernie but his haters now own so much real estate inside his head, his show is unbearable . I also wonder if he's even allowed  to comment on it since SLU's games are broadcast(ed?) on 101 ESPN. I'm guessing it doesn't really matter but who knows. 

earlier this week Bernie said that SLU "was not interesting" and he wasn't going to cover SLU much. FWIW.